BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

685,269 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
gerald garcia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are opening a Coffee shop and wine bar called the Tipsy Bean in South College Station.
Intended to be for the locals in the community. Not really catering to the students.
It is caddy corner to the new Blue Baker. It will open April 3rd.
mAgnoliAg
AG
gerald garcia said:

We are opening a Coffee shop and wine bar called the Tipsy Bean in South College Station.
Intended to be for the locals in the community. Not really catering to the students.

So us students will be denied service?
dave99ag
AG
No beer on tap?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

gerald garcia said:

more than 2 unrelated students will not be allowed. related is fine though.
Rockdoc
AG
gerald garcia said:

Any hint on what the offerings will be? And glad your coming to that location.
FlyRod
How long before the Tipsey Bean is surrounded by AgShacks?
Scruffy
jac4
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

gerald garcia said:

There are separate (but equal) coffee establishments for students to patronize in other areas of town.

Scruffy
AG
Will students only count as 3/5 of a patron?
gerald garcia
Love the humor.
We will have a pastry chef from France doing all our food and desserts.
We will also be selling beer such as Karbach. We will be starting off using
the Italics vineyard for wine. Our coffee is the top 1 to 3% . We are really attempting to make this a place that is quality. Give us a bit of grace in the beginning as we are completely new at this.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gerald garcia said:

Love the humor.
We will have a pastry chef from France doing all our food and desserts.
We will also be selling beer such as Karbach. We will be starting off using
the Italics vineyard for wine. Our coffee is the top 1 to 3% . We are really attempting to make this a place that is quality. Give us a bit of grace in the beginning as we are completely new at this.

damn, this sounds legit. ok count me in. lookin forward to this.
carpe vinum
AG
Is the ownership like Downtown Uncorked or no?
basketaggie
AG
@Gerald Garcia -- any chance you'll have double cream? Most random question ever, but I haven't been able to source any and would love to find a place that has some!
Scruffy
AG
Sounds like a place my wife would live. Sadly it's off the bus route and without a car inaccessible.
Best of luck it sounds great.
Tailgate88
AG
Look forward to trying this place. Any chance for a little live music at night?
Cyp0111
Bus route?
eloc62
Tailgate88 said:

queso1 said:

College station: "we need more handheld chicken restaurants! "

How about we make a law to close two for every new one. Also banks, nail salons...
speaking of nail salons, how many do you think are in this town? seems like their must be a hundo. they are in every strip center in town, sometimes 2 it seems that are in sight of each other. either this is a very lucrative business, or they will cannibalize themselves. is this town big enough to support all these?
NellCote71
Good luck! We need more places like this.
DontBeTriggered
The permanent sign is up for the brand new Academy on 6 and North Grumman. I can't wait! It's my favorite store!
Twelfthman
AG
Trampoline place going in the building next to Walmart in CS, where the Albertson's was all those years ago. Don't remember the name, just noticed the signs driving through.
jac4
AG
Twelfthman said:

Trampoline place going in the building next to Walmart in CS, where the Albertson's was all those years ago. Don't remember the name, just noticed the signs driving through.

Interesting I wonder if the Urban Air next to Aldi will ever open.
The Anchor
AG
eloc62 said:

Tailgate88 said:

queso1 said:

How about we make a law to close two for every new one. Also banks, nail salons...
speaking of nail salons, how many do you think are in this town? seems like their must be a hundo. they are in every strip center in town, sometimes 2 it seems that are in sight of each other. either this is a very lucrative business, or they will cannibalize themselves. is this town big enough to support all these?
You are also assuming none of them are used as a front....
Law361
AG
Urban Air is open. My kids went 2 weeks ago.
toolshed
AG
They went to Urban Air, ,or Jumping World near Target? Urban Air is under construction. They posted on FB that they started construction Jan. 31st.
InMyOpinion
mAgnoliAg said:

gerald garcia said:

dont worry, once the 2 new apt complexes fill up with students, students will make up half their business.
jrhmc
AG
toolshed said:

They went to Urban Air, ,or Jumping World near Target? Urban Air is under construction. They posted on FB that they started construction Jan. 31st.
I was just at Aldi a few days ago and Urban Air is most definitely not open. Doesn't look like any work has been done on the place since Jumping World opened.
Dennis Reynolds
Tailgate88 said:

queso1 said:

.....cleaners

Any word on Carp's or should us people on the south side of town just give up?
jja79
AG
Wondering the same.
nought
AG
Ground is being cleared next to Discount Tire across from Walgreens at southwest corner of Fitch/highway 6. What is going there? It's across from Walgreens, so the logical guess is CVS, but I think it is a bit close even by CVS must-be-near-Walgreens standards.
ratfacemcdougal
Inspire Physical Therapy
Stewade
Staff
AG
Anyone know what's being developed at the southeast corner of Wellborn and Luther?
Oogway
Since that is central College Station, it won't be a nail salon, bank or chicken finger place (alreadyhave Layne's over there). Those are for southside. Maybe a Brazilian Steakhouse?

I kid, I asked a few pages ago but I still don't know.
Eliminatus
AG
gerald garcia said:

What if we don't identify as a student?

Just kidding. I understand your stance. I am a student currently but I promise you would never guess (aside from maybe TAMU garb).

Sounds like a cool idea. Bit off the beaten path but I am sure I will swing by at some point. I do appreciate a good cup of coffee.
mason12
AG
4-5 story apartment complex with a parking garage behind it and on the end closest to the ballpark will be a restaurant.
Law361
AG
My mistake. I meant the one near Target

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.