BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,432 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
momlaw said:

30+ year TJ customer.

Spoke with a Houston area manager in December. She said sooner rather than later and she would like to mange the store here.

Reiterated point that our official demographics do not reflect the out of town resident students who have seemingly limitless financial parental support.

Manager at another Houston store echoed TJ has learned this in another SEC community and is mitigating their parameters.

Evidently valuable points to make in the online submission.
Yup. Also something like a quarter million people in BCS and within a 50 mile radius who shop here.
Cyp0111
Trader Joe's would fit well into century square.
australopithecus robustus
A developer friend has a grocer as an anchor for his upcoming project and I'm pretty sure it's TJ. He hasn't told me, but I'm confident I'll know when we have our charette soon.

No I can't say who or where it is. Our group is working on something there and it's very early right now.

Counterpoint
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

A developer friend has a grocer as an anchor for his upcoming project and I'm pretty sure it's TJ. He hasn't told me, but I'm confident I'll know when we have our charette soon.

No I can't say who or where it is. Our group is working on something there and it's very early right now.

But are you saying it's not in the Grub center, like the poster above has said?
PS3D
Count Counterpoint said:

australopithecus robustus said:

But are you saying it's not in the Grub center, like the poster above has said?

I'd give a >50% chance that it's the aforementioned H-E-B at FM 2818/Wellborn, personally.
The developer at the Grub center is David Scarmardo. I'm not friends with him lol.

It's also not the wellborn/2818 deal.
musicforall
When checking out of Trader Joes in Houston in December, the checker told us that the next TJ in Texas was going to be in C.S. near a new hotel. I thought Atlas, which would be pretty perfect, since the only other thing out there for the Traditions people is Walmart. However, there are a lot of new hotels . . .

I had my doubts that we would really get one though, after Aldi opening so soon. However, Aldi seems to be doing well, to the point that I do not go on Saturday afternoon because it is too crowded.
Time will tell. I will post something when I know more and it's ethical to do so.
rmarshall2014
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Agreed on both accounts. Do not understand the facination with the hooters restaurants

Same here. Hooter's food is awful, and if you're looking for eye candy, Twin Peaks makes Hooter's look like church.
PS3D
musicforall said:

When checking out of Trader Joes in Houston in December, the checker told us that the next TJ in Texas was going to be in C.S. near a new hotel. I thought Atlas, which would be pretty perfect, since the only other thing out there for the Traditions people is Walmart. However, there are a lot of new hotels . . .

I had my doubts that we would really get one though, after Aldi opening so soon. However, Aldi seems to be doing well, to the point that I do not go on Saturday afternoon because it is too crowded.
Aldi is a completely different company than Trader Joe's (Aldi Nord vs. Aldi Sd), the only difference is that TJ's parent company operates the Aldi stores in places like Belgium, Netherlands, etc.

But yes, I do remember seeing a plans for a small grocery store in the Atlas plan, so maybe it could be a reality.

EDIT: Unless it's Century Square, which is closer to being realized and was supposed to have a "specialty grocery store".
FlyRod
Somewhere on Fitch there is a sign up that says "Coffee and Wine Bar." Sorry that's all I got,
jja79
AG
Odd source for corporate expansion news.
Tailgate88
AG
FlyRod said:

Somewhere on Fitch there is a sign up that says "Coffee and Wine Bar." Sorry that's all I got,
I think you mean the "Tipsy Bean". Interesting concept. They have a Facebook page, but don't appear to be open just yet.
ChampsAg
Kai's donuts owner sold and opened the new donut place on Texas. Gogh Gogh Coffee now carrying their donuts instead of Kai's
spudag
AG
The new place is called "Babe's Donuts" and it's on Texas Avenue in Bryan close to the Shammy Car Wash. They also have kolaches, muffins, scones and possibly bagels.
mAgnoliAg
AG
spudag said:

The new place is called "Babe's Donuts" and it's on Texas Avenue in Bryan close to the Shammy Car Wash. They also have kolaches, muffins, scones and possibly bagels.

So the coffee place does or doesn't have the Kai donuts?
phatpat21
Whoa whoa whoa. So no more Kais? Or did they move to new place. I'm confused
PS3D
I never got to try Kai's! Boo! Is the current Kai's on Wellborn closed for good then?
southerner
AG
My understanding is that Kai's is still open but under new ownership.
lucid
AG
It looks like Sweet Horse bubble tea opened up in the last week.
chloelee
Donuts at Babe's are pretty good. Large selection.
Aggie82x2
AG
Made my day!!! Whoop!! Gonna keep sending in requests until it is a done deal!

Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's
AggiePhil
AG
spudag said:

The new place is called "Babe's Donuts" and it's on Texas Avenue in Bryan close to the Shammy Car Wash.

WAY too far from the bypass.
BrandoC
AG
What in the heck happened to Chimney Hill? That area looks like crap again.
Cyp0111
The developer backed out on the deal. Rough for the republic steakhouse. I'm not sure what their plan is but they need to move to one of the newer mixed use facilities going in.
Cyp0111
Additions to Century Square:

- OrangeTheory Fitness
- PIADA Italian Street Food
- Merge Boutique
- Porters Steakhouse
oklaunion
Peanut Gallery got leveled.
PS3D
The old Piknik Pantry/thrift store?
AggiePhil
AG
Where?
PS3D
Probably of little interest to anyone, but Brazos Moving & Storage near TWS is now another CubeSmart.
ChampsAg
Does not. Carrying Babes now
ChampsAg
Kai's has a new owner. Original sold and opened Babes
NellCote71
Cyp0111 said:

Additions to Century Square:

- OrangeTheory Fitness
- PIADA Italian Street Food
- Merge Boutique
- Porters Steakhouse
How can I confirm Orange Theory?
phatpat21
Gotcha. Where is Babes?
Cyp0111
Their website....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.