BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,482 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exterior signage is up on Altitude Trampoline Park! Sorry I can't get a picture right now.
OnlyANobody
Jack in the Box at Boonville/Highway 6 has reopened.
CrazyAgE
Prescient said:

thesleepstation said:

meezermom said:

Another piece of property that Pappas owns?! I thought these were restaurant people, not property people.

When is Pappadeaux going to start building? Any updates?
They are one in the same.. These guys build their balance sheets through properties. I saw something the other day that was a surprise to me that you might find interesting. The Mcdonalds corporation is one of the largest real-estate holding companies in the world and have used the fast food biz to develop their real estate portfolio.
Whataburger has the same strategy. Those companies are as much real estate companies as they are fast food companies.

HEB does the same thing. They buy several locations and only build on a couple. They sell of the others to pay for the ones they do actually build
Scotch
AG
Spoiler alert: this is basically what "The Founder" is about.
Gilli004
Brew Supply Haus should be opening this summer in the shopping center behind Tractor Supply.

Business cards: front back
VegasT
AG
I did not see the College Station location listed for Dicky's closing? Maybe they are on vacation?
Geralt of Rivia
S
It's been brought up a few times over the past few pages that the CS Dickeys was closing
Bigfootisreal
domedude said:

UmustBSmart Most of your info is correct except the dome cannot be a commercial fitness center for five years. There has already been interest for other uses. It would have been a great trampoline park; too bad there will soon be three in BCS. It will be a great building for the next tenant. Stay tuned.
Btw the equipment is being auctioned online starting soon and live 6/24. npsolutions.com
Any idea when the catalog of items will be online? NP said the 10th but it is not listed on their site.
Barry Potter 09
I haven't seen this mentioned lately. Looks like Academy will open in just under two weeks, if everything is on track.

MiMi
S
According to the cashier I spoke to on Monday, the new Academy is opening sometime next week. The shelves were nearly empty in many areas of the store.
DBSwooper
I was told the 23rd.
domedude
Pics are there but the auction company had some tech issues. You can register to bid now and online bidding should start in the next day or two.
phatpat21
Was told Academy would be open the 23rd
AggiePhil
AG
I'm hearing that it won't be till the 23rd. News to me!
halibut sinclair
So, the 23rd?
Stupe
S
It's opening sometime between the 22nd and 24th.
ratfacemcdougal
and ford STILLLLL is not done
eloc62
Man, the re-organization of products at the tower point HEB has really screwed me up.just when i knew where everything was, I gotta learn a whole new system! getting used to it.
DBSwooper
eloc62 said:

Man, the re-organization of products at the tower point HEB has really screwed me up.just when i knew where everything was, I gotta learn a whole new system! getting used to it.
That's what drove us away from the central HEB in CS, now we do the curb side and don't really care about the layout.
carpe vinum
AG
Cyp0111
It's tough
carpe vinum
AG
eloc62 said:

When it first opened I hated it because the layout made it such that I had to travel every single one of the 88,000 sq ft to get what I needed. Compounded by the fact that I didn't know where things were. I'd drive the extra mileage to Kroger.

Over time, I figured out where everything was located.
Now, I'm back to the original starting point, and will consider the extra miles to Kroger.
jrhmc
AG
carpe vinum said:

eloc62 said:

When it first opened I hated it because the layout made it such that I had to travel every single one of the 88,000 sq ft to get what I needed. Compounded by the fact that I didn't know where things were. I'd drive the extra mileage to Kroger.

Over time, I figured out where everything was located.
Now, I'm back to the original starting point, and will consider the extra miles to Kroger.
Just as an FYI if you download the HEB app, you can search for any item you're having trouble finding and it will tell you what aisle it's on. I use this at Lowe's, too, since I can't ever find a person there.
SchnauzerMom
I started trying to learn where everything is in the new layout at H-E-B, but stopped when one of the managers said not to get used to it. Evidently this is a temporary layout while they add/remove various product.
Stupe
S
jrhmc said:

Just as an FYI if you download the HEB app, you can search for any item you're having trouble finding and it will tell you what aisle it's on. I use this at Lowe's, too, since I can't ever find a person there.

I like going to the College Station Lowe's. I know that there is no way that I'm going to be bothered by an employee if I'm just browsing.
dallasiteinsa02
Stupe said:

jrhmc said:

I like going to the College Station Lowe's. I know that there is no way that I'm going to be bothered by an employee if I'm just browsing.
College Station Lowes is also the only Lowes that if no one is using the self check out that the person overseeing that area will not quickly check you out at their terminal. They take not helping customers to the highest level.
fitcetera
I have to disagree with you on that one - I was looking for an item in store - their website said the CS location had 8 of them in stock - and a Lowe's employee was really nice about searching for it for me...she spent a good twenty minutes trying to find it.
Scruffy
AG
Every time I go into a lowes or Home Depot, I feel like Ron Swanson from the show Parks and Recreation.
"Don't talk to me, I know more than you"
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I like going to the College Station Lowe's. I know that there is no way that I'm going to be bothered by an employee if I'm just browsing or wanting to check out.
FIFY
dachsie
I saw a sign yesterday at Towerpoint that a Drew's Carwash will be coming soon
AggiePhil
AG
Already discussed in this thread.
Stupe
S
Well, I didn't see where it was discussed. Where is it going in? There's already a big car wash there.
AggiePhil
AG
Page 30. June 6.
Stupe
S
Thanks.
95_Aggie
AG
Just like nail salons, apparently you can never have enough car washes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.