BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

679,806 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nought said:

Looks like Bea's Alterations (over by TJ Maxx) has closed or is relocating. Anyone have more info?
Bea's has moved "around the corner" and is now located near/next to Al's Formal Wear according to the other half.
nought
AG
Out of the corner of my eye, I caught what looked like a "coming soon" sign with a picture of a burger on it on the side of one of the new spaces in Caprock Crossing (heading East on Fitch towards Highway 6 -- first of the newest buildings in the section before Zaxby's). My eyes are old and might have fooled me. Anyone check out what's going in there?
Scruffy
AG
Abu Omar Shawarma and Kabobs has applied for permits.
As soon as they have those they will open.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Where?
ChampsAg
Four Down Sports Bar coming to University near Tarrow
FlyRod
Sign up for Honolulu Poke House, in shopping center where the new ramen place is opening.

Hope they make it...pretty far from the bypass.
AggiePlaya
AG
nought said:

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught what looked like a "coming soon" sign with a picture of a burger on it on the side of one of the new spaces in Caprock Crossing (heading East on Fitch towards Highway 6 -- first of the newest buildings in the section before Zaxby's). My eyes are old and might have fooled me. Anyone check out what's going in there?
Wayback Burgers, I saw the sign at lunch
Scruffy
AG
gas station parking lot corner of Boyett and University.
Where the Peru truck had been.
abuomarhalal.com
Menu looks good and the prices seem reasonable.
Costa and Andreas
La Bodega Express coming to 4401 S Texas Ave next to
Cafe Eccell. (I couldn't help myself!)

Also, we are working on something pretty big that we can hopefully announce soon. I will post as soon as we have signed docs.
Scruffy
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Also, we are working on something pretty big that we can hopefully announce soon. I will post as soon as we have signed docs.
Nice.
TheAlarmGuy
mgreen
Costa and Andreas said:

Love these guys! Hope it is south of town.
ranh1
Looks like an apt complex going up on Crescent Pointe by Ridgeway Townhouses. Not sure how big or anything.
Costa and Andreas
Thanks Mike!

The location I'm referring to for our announcement is not south of town, it's as central as it gets.

However, we do have an LOI submitted for a location down south for something.
Cyp0111
Something in Century Square?
Costa and Andreas
No not Century Square. I really can't say where yet, but not there. It's not far from there though
Captn_Ag05
AG
Video promo for the A&M hotel and conference room.

Scruffy
AG
Quote:

guest room licenses for the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center.
So just like the stadium, you will have to purchase the ability to rent a room?

Thats not a hotel, thats a time-share.
PS3D
Scruffy said:

Quote:

guest room licenses for the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center.
So just like the stadium, you will have to purchase the ability to rent a room?

Thats not a hotel, thats a time-share.

There's going to be the people that will rent suites through the season, but I assume most will be open during the main year. A few hotels, including the late "tower" Ramada Inn had rooms that were sold essentially as condos.
Cyp0111
I mean...there are super aggies out there. However, this hotel likely overshoots the market.
Broncos
ChampsAg said:

Four Down Sports Bar coming to University near Tarrow

What's this place?
PS3D
Cyp0111 said:

I mean...there are super aggies out there. However, this hotel likely overshoots the market.

Given all the new hotels, the market still seems to be hot. Personally, I think this hotel is probably the functional replacement to the MSC hotel.
Cyp0111
A 150+ room hotel as a functional replacement for a 7 room hotel? hmm.

No- I imagine Gilbane/A&M were looking for a flag carrier but unable to get Starwood/Marriott type deal.

If the deal is structured truly similar to a timeshare property it may have a chance, however, with such a concentrated window of dates it could prove difficult to optimize.

The city will have 3 more higher end hotels (not including the A&M hotel) that have hit the market in the last year. That is an absorption of 500 rooms/nt.
PS3D
Cyp0111 said:

The old MSC hotel had 40 rooms, not 7.
http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2006_1st/Jan06_TexasAMHotel.html
nought
AG
Cyp0111 said:

No- I imagine Gilbane/A&M were looking for a flag carrier but unable to get Starwood/Marriott type deal.

If the deal is structured truly similar to a timeshare property it may have a chance, however, with such a concentrated window of dates it could prove difficult to optimize.

The city will have 3 more higher end hotels (not including the A&M hotel) that have hit the market in the last year. That is an absorption of 500 rooms/nt.
Not only that, but there's not necessarily a lot of walk-to dining/going out in the vicinity of A&M's proposed hotel. Century Square and the existing hotels over near University Drive like the Hilton are going to provide a lot of competition on everything but game days (and they'll continue to sell out on game days as well of course).
Cyp0111
Fair enough. I thought we were talking about current MSC.
Cyp0111
Yes- I think the hotel will fit a small niche. The university will try and push visitors to the hotel as well. I've stayed at a similar Hotel in South Bend, Indiana on the ND Campus. The big difference is that most people want to avoid SB.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I imagine they will do pretty well with conferences. I've attended several conferences back on campus that were great events. I'm sure people will like the option of staying where they are meeting.

Also, need to bring some new business and business travelers to town to fill these hotels. Still waiting on that "secret deal" that has been rumored.
ChampsAg
Louie has been talking about it on the radio. They have a Facebook page but can't link since I'm at work.
BryanPooch
Denny's in CS has reopened. A nice renovation uses space better. But it's still...... Denny's.
BryanPooch
Is Four Downs Sports Bar going into the old Fast Eddie's site? That would make it P.O.E.T.S. new venture in that space.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes.
PS3D
nought said:

Cyp0111 said:

Not only that, but there's not necessarily a lot of walk-to dining/going out in the vicinity of A&M's proposed hotel. Century Square and the existing hotels over near University Drive like the Hilton are going to provide a lot of competition on everything but game days (and they'll continue to sell out on game days as well of course).
Probably. While we're on the MSC Hotel comparison, it was losing money by the end and rarely got more than 50% occupancy. Especially considering its proximity to the railroad crossing, I expect that the new TAMU Hotel will be losing money hand over fist within a year of its completion. Mark my words.

CJHajda said:

https://www.transwestern.com/propertylisting/data/Files/Flyers/806cbe1a-583a-e711-b407-00155d0a270e/Northpoint-Crossing-Marketing-Flyer.pdf

Scroll to the second to last page. It has a map of planned and under lease restaurants.

A bit late on the draw, but what's the space marked as "2nd Gen Retail"? Usually that implies something already went in and failed (the "2nd Gen Restaurant" next to Minuti Coffee is of course Toasties Subs) but I don't remember anything going in on the inner portion?

It sounds like something got close to opening but pulled out for whatever reason.
carpe vinum
AG
The Walnut Cafe or Black Walnut (whatever it is) was rumored there then backed off, there have been several rumored places back off the past year. It's not terribly uncommon.
Petsmart was headed to the new Bryan Walmart area then decided Towerpoint was the place to be.
Cyp0111
The A&M hotel feels like a John Sharp special.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.