BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,805 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Phew this town is getting over saturated!
FlyRod
Glad The George is open! Friends of mine will be playing music there.
carpe vinum
AG
The Brazilian Steakhouse is under construction.
They'll have years worth of post oak to bbq with after the 5 acre swath was cleared, but I'm sure it all went to the landfill.
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
eloc62
Tried Charley's Philly Steaks this week. meh. pretty much a fast food place that serves cheesesteaks. Hullabaloos still the best place in town to get a good cheesesteak sando!
PS3D
Good Bull BBQ has signage up, unknown if it is open
Whataburger SWP is still clearing ground at a slow pace
Luther and Wellborn development has a name -- Berkeley House
FlyRod
Quote:

Who knows anymore now that His Highness seems to have retired...
Scruffy
AG
FlyRod said:

Quote:

Retired/in jail
Same thing right?

There's a thread in the GB and I think he got caught violating probation and his interlock.
FILO505
AG
Scruffy said:

FlyRod said:

Quote:

Retired/in jail
Same thing right?

There's a thread in the GB and I think he got caught violating probation and his interlock.

What?!?! Who are y'all talking about?
PS3D
tombdaddy504 said:

Scruffy said:

FlyRod said:

Quote:

Retired/in jail
Same thing right?

What?!?! Who are y'all talking about?
A certain figure at Yelp! that would review everything in town (even including the town itself) with pretentious and often inaccurate reviews. There was some drama with GB and this board. I think the mention of his name would illicit a ban and a mod edit.

AND THAT'S ALL I'M GONNA SAY ABOUT THAT.
FlyRod
New taqueria at corner of Boonville and Briarcrest...La Poblana or something similar.
carpe vinum
AG
Could not have happened to a nicer guy. T&P
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
FILO505
AG
Gotcha. Good Bull BBQ is trying to open this week ahead of football.
Scruffy
AG
I'll add on in that there would be reviews of "the full menu" a good week before they began making anything.

I think the best was when leavy began as the TAMU concessions people and hosted a media testing of a few of their offerings. The review was entertaining but nowhere near accurate.
Another was when a buisiness was reviewed and they were still a week before their soft open and hadn't fired up the kitchen yet.

Then there were the "turf wars" when someone would get a "first to review" ahead of said unnamed unnamed.

There are several persons that it is verboten to mention their names. Even vaguely mentioning them can bring aBoUT bans.
Just be glad this isn't doss.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Stayed at the George over the weekend. They are open, but warning if you or someone you know is planning to stay there in the next few weeks...they have A LOT of kinks to work through. The room we stayed in was still under construction, didn't have hot water, rooms weren't cleaned/beds not made during the day, etc. It will be nice once finished. They need additional staff, as well.
Cyp0111
So I assume you got a comped room?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Did not. We got a box of tiffs treats cookies as an apology.
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Stayed at the George over the weekend. They are open, but warning if you or someone you know is planning to stay there in the next few weeks...they have A LOT of kinks to work through. The room we stayed in was still under construction, didn't have hot water, rooms weren't cleaned/beds not made during the day, etc. It will be nice once finished. They need additional staff, as well.
That is unacceptable IMO I would continue to complain. No hot water or cleaning is basic hotel service you expect at Motel 6 or Super 8 much less a premium hotel.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
They should have moved people over to Calvary Court and delayed opening, IMO. The top floor isn't done at all, so they were building up there and moving things in. Other issues were the air not working in the gym, the water in the gym coming out as black, and no towels in room. They were very apologetic about the issues, but we had two rooms for two nights, so spent a good amount of money. The college student at the front desk didn't really have the ability to help us with a comped room and didn't have a manager working any of the times we asked. Maybe I should email the management company?

Again, I think it will be a nice hotel once it is ready. They just shouldn't have opened until actually ready to provide a good experience.
Cyp0111
Valencia is top notch. Email them and they will make it right. They're going to need word of mouth for this higher end property
Captn_Ag05
AG
Shot them a message. Will let y'all know if they address it.
PS3D
Is the Spec's on University going to replace the one at the old Culpepper Plaza AppleTree? Their website doesn't show the new location where Linens N Things was.
BCSWguru
Bush's on Tex. Ave. has a sign stating they are closed for remodeling. I dont have a lot of hope they'll open again.
nashvilleaggie11
Should've stayed at The Stella!
Captn_Ag05
AG
I've got a stay booked there in December.
ChampsAg
Cilantro moved their opening to Thursday
Captn_Ag05
AG
Golden Corral temporarily shut down due to roaches. Shocking, I know.
barbwire
What's going in on Leonard Rd just to the west of Jordan Lo? It's the area behind the convenience store, Clear Leaf and Jordan Lo. I've searched but the forum but can't find anything.
jrhmc
AG
barbwire said:

What's going in on Leonard Rd just to the west of Jordan Lo? It's the area behind the convenience store, Clear Leaf and Jordan Lo. I've searched but the forum but can't find anything.
One of the elderly gentlemen who I deliver meals to with Meals on Wheels said it's going to be more student housing. He's worried that they're going to take over his neighborhood and he'll be out of a home. I deliver to several people on Jordan Loop and in that area.
Captn_Ag05
AG
More?

How many students (A&M, RELLIS, Blinn) are we expecting in five and ten years?

A big increase is the only way this makes sense.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

More?

How many students (A&M, RELLIS, Blinn) are we expecting in five and ten years?

A big increase is the only way this makes sense.
From what I understand, the plans are to funnel freshmen and sophomores through RELLIS then transfer them to any system campus, so there could be quite a few students going there. Makes sense to add housing nearby, and seems like there's a lot of open space available. Repurpose some cow pastures maybe.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
Cyp0111
So would this not directly compete with Blinn?
Captn_Ag05
AG
I thought that part of the RELLIS plan was to have students that couldn't get into CS campus but wanted to be in CS, go to RELLIS but obtain their 4-year degree from one of the branch campuses. So, you could be "attending" Texas A&M-Commerce, but living in CS and attending the RELLIS campus.
techno-ag
AG
Cyp0111 said:

So would this not directly compete with Blinn?
Blinn is handling a lot of it, from what I understand. One of the first new buildings out there will be Blinn's and they abandoned their new campus on Leonard Rd. for RELLIS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.