BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

679,789 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ethridgem said:

Looks like Hooters got their TABC license issued.

[Edit: For whatever stupid reason, I can't get the imgur image to post here, so screw it. I had a screen grab from the TABC website showing the "active" license. Here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/X97E3]

You have to do "View Image" so you get the full link ending with PNG.

SpartanAg1618
AG
Does Hooter's have a timeline to open set in stone yet?
ethridgem
AG
PS3D said:

ethridgem said:

Looks like Hooters got their TABC license issued.

[Edit: For whatever stupid reason, I can't get the imgur image to post here, so screw it. I had a screen grab from the TABC website showing the "active" license. Here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/X97E3]

You have to do "View Image" so you get the full link ending with PNG.

That helped. I tried adding ".png" to the link, but, alas, it never worked. Got it working now, thanks to you! Need to get Staff to update the tutorial from 2015 to the "new" new way.
95_Aggie
AG
are folks really getting excited for a Hooters?
Geralt of Rivia
S
They should have been here 15 years ago when I was in HS, so yes!!
FlyRod
Hooters. The dream of the 90's is alive in BCS.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Which will be more popular - Hooters or Walk-ons?
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Which will be more popular - Hooters or Walk-ons?
Walk-ons by a significant margin IMO.

Hooters food has always been pretty awful IMO.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Look Out Below
AG
Never underestimate the fervor for high profile chains in this town
FlyRod
Oh there's fervor for low profile chains too.
redd38
AG
The fervor for Hooters is about a different kind of profile.
ChampsAg
New BBQ place going in where Lone Oak was next to Smetana store. Need to check the name next time I go by
PS3D
Earlier this week, I noticed that the Sunset Gardens lot had been cleared (the sign and other abandoned structures from the 1980s have finally been demolished, as well as other vegetation on the property). I wonder if it's going to be used for anything.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Earlier this week, I noticed that the Sunset Gardens lot had been cleared (the sign and other abandoned structures from the 1980s have finally been demolished, as well as other vegetation on the property).
Another CS landmark ... gone
frito bandito
One of those clearance sign guys on Texas with a sign stating that Office Max is closing - 50% off. I wonder what's left? Did they take all the expensive stuff over to Office Depot?
PS3D
AGnCS said:

Quote:

Earlier this week, I noticed that the Sunset Gardens lot had been cleared (the sign and other abandoned structures from the 1980s have finally been demolished, as well as other vegetation on the property).
Another CS landmark ... gone

The sign's actually still there just knocked down. Still, it's the first real activity there in three decades.
TexAg1987
SIAP - Carps sign is gone. Angry Elephant sign up on the strip center Marquee
PS3D
frito bandito said:

One of those clearance sign guys on Texas with a sign stating that Office Max is closing - 50% off. I wonder what's left? Did they take all the expensive stuff over to Office Depot?
Is wishing for Spec's to expand into the space too much to ask?
halibut sinclair
PS3D said:

Earlier this week, I noticed that the Sunset Gardens lot had been cleared (the sign and other abandoned structures from the 1980s have finally been demolished, as well as other vegetation on the property). I wonder if it's going to be used for anything.
Let's wait and see.
MiMi
S
The newest Wayback Burgers location at Caprock Crossing has an estimated opening date of Friday, November 10.
Tailgate88
AG
PS3D said:

Remind me where this is?
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Remind me where this is?
Just south of the intersection of Brothers Blvd and Business 6 (Texas Ave.).
Captn_Ag05
AG
The International charter school held their ceremonial groundbreaking yesterday in South CS. Sounds like they
are pretty ambitious on how many students they are expecting.
Law361
AG
Do you think they will compete with any other local private schools, specifically Allen Academy? Or are they going for a different demographic of students?
jrhmc
AG
Law361 said:

Do you think they will compete with any other local private schools, specifically Allen Academy? Or are they going for a different demographic of students?
I think the demographics will be somewhat different considering this is a charter school so no tuition fees. There is an application process so I guess it will depend on what they are looking for. It looks academically rigorous.
MsC2012
AG
Bush's in south CS closed
EBrazosAg
AG
Bush's South CS and Texas Ave closed permanently. Hwy 21 staying open.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ric Clark
Kitten With A Whip said:

AggiePhil said:

Bush's College Station has closed.
Not surprising. I've been to other Bush's locations in Brenham and Temple and they were really good, but the ones here were awful!!! Really awful chicken.
The food wasn't bad but the service was.........BUSH Management should immediately address these type of issues before it gets to the point of closing the store. That is a failure of management.
Kitten With A Whip
Ric Clark said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

AggiePhil said:

Bush's College Station has closed.
Not surprising. I've been to other Bush's locations in Brenham and Temple and they were really good, but the ones here were awful!!! Really awful chicken.
The food wasn't bad but the service was.........BUSH Management should immediately address these type of issues before it gets to the point of closing the store. That is a failure of management.

I felt just the opposite. The service was fabulous every time I went, but the chicken was horrible and if I don't like fried chicken, that's saying something! There was just too much crust and it was very hard. Also didn't like the taste of the chicken itself. So, to me, there were issues with the breading technique and possibly the marinade/brine at these locations.

As mentioned before, the Brenham and Temple locations were really, really good.
opstx
AG
Sign just went up (Nov 3, 2017) for "Chef Tai's Urban Kitchen" at a strip center development at the NW corner of Barron and Fitch.
eloc62
Sign also up for Angry Elephant on Fitch near caprock where Carp's bar was supposed to open .
ncttc
I have heard that Walk Ons was coming to College Station. Is it true? If so, where is it located?
KidDoc
AG
ncttc said:

I have heard that Walk Ons was coming to College Station. Is it true? If so, where is it located?
They have confirmed for "North College Station".
JayHowdy!
KidDoc said:

ncttc said:

What does that mean? Where is this location in "North College Station"?
techno-ag
AG
JayHowdy! said:

KidDoc said:

ncttc said:

What does that mean? Where is this location in "North College Station"?
Northgate? Restaurant Row?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.