BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,502 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
That would be awesome!
FlyRod
If it's a second location rather than a relocation, yes.
lucid
AG
FlyRod said:

If it's a second location rather than a relocation, yes.

Second location.
KidDoc
AG
Mad taco and Rx pizza near my house. I will need more green ways to burn the calories.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
halibut sinclair said:

It's all too far from the bypass.

What defunct restaurant did this in-joke even come from, and who suggested the "far from the bypass" line?
Scruffy
AG
PS3D said:

halibut sinclair said:

What defunct restaurant did this in-joke even come from, and who suggested the "far from the bypass" line?

It was a recurring post on this board years ago.
nought
AG
PS3D said:

halibut sinclair said:

I believe it is a joke, but in all seriousness, the one downside of Century Square for anyone who isn't already in the area is the University Drive mis-timed traffic light and crazy driver hell you have to go through from the bypass to get there and back. I have hope that their offerings will end up making it worth the hassle.
Cyp0111
The shock of a 1.5 mile stretch of traffic. Snowflakes may not make it.
FlyRod
Quote:

A prominent poster here, the mere mention of whom would often elicit a ban, quite frequently would opine about a score of businesses that failed, or alternately, wouldn't make it, because they were "too far from the bypass.' Not just one defunct restaurant.
halibut sinclair
"He who shall not be named"
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

A prominent poster here, the mere mention of whom would often elicit a ban, quite frequently would opine about a score of businesses that failed, or alternately, wouldn't make it, because they were "too far from the bypass.' Not just one defunct restaurant.
or wouldn't be able to survive the summers.
montegobay
Rx Pizza
ChampsAg
What is going in next to the convenience store/Mexican food restaurant/dry cleaner on the newly poured slab in Wellborn
deh40
AG
ChampsAg said:

What is going in next to the convenience store/Mexican food restaurant/dry cleaner on the newly poured slab in Wellborn
The lady at gas station said they were just expanding parking lot.
rocketscience
AG

Not sure how accurate this is but the ones in blue I know are currently there and the Gateway Newsstands is currently being built so I imagine it is fairly up to date. Glad to see the retail and restaurant in Northpoint finally at least start to get filled!

EDIT: Not sure why its doing that. I'll figure something out.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Having trouble seeing.
nought
AG
What's going in on the south/east side of Harvey/30? They cleared a ton of trees -- almost looks like space for another apartment complex or hotel, neither of which I think this town needs more of at this point.
kraut
AG
nought said:

What's going in on the south/east side of Harvey/30? They cleared a ton of trees -- almost looks like space for another apartment complex or hotel, neither of which I think this town needs more of at this point.
Apartment complex
Captn_Ag05
AG
CJHajda said:

Not sure how accurate this is but the ones in blue I know are currently there and the Gateway Newsstands is currently being built so I imagine it is fairly up to date. Glad to see the retail and restaurant in Northpoint finally at least start to get filled!

EDIT: Not sure why its doing that. I'll figure something out.

What does it show going in?
DBSwooper
kraut said:

nought said:

Apartment complex

Too bad TxDOT is behind compared to the development, that section of Road between Highway 6 and Boonville is already really bad and it's only going to become more dangerous until the road is widened.
rocketscience
AG
https://www.transwestern.com/propertylisting/data/Files/Flyers/806cbe1a-583a-e711-b407-00155d0a270e/Northpoint-Crossing-Marketing-Flyer.pdf

Scroll to the second to last page. It has a map of planned and under lease restaurants.
Cyp0111
Interesting. A bbq place, pizza place, smoothie place, newstand.
Scruffy
AG
Newstand?

Like a 24 "News" business?

Like the ones in Houston?

I thought this city frowned on smut shacks.
Or is that just Ag shacks?
rocketscience
AG
It's more like a full service convenience store, to my understanding.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Halal guys would be pretty legit!

The news stand place doesn't seem like a great location being tucked back there. I don't think people will seek it out.
redd38
AG
I saw a halal food truck today that I've never seen before. Not sure if it's those same guys or not.
FlyRod
Chef Tai is opening a restaurant in S. College Station. A location has been chosen. That's literally all I know at present.
PS3D
Cyp0111 said:

Interesting. A bbq place, pizza place, smoothie place, newstand.

"Holy Cow" does appear to be a restaurant but I'm not sure what it serves. I can't find the logo during searches.

Captn_Ag05 said:

The news stand place doesn't seem like a great location being tucked back there. I don't think people will seek it out.

It's small (much smaller than new build Stripes/Corner Store locations) and not meant to be a destination stop. A good convenience store on that side of Texas Avenue is a welcome addition.

redd38 said:

I saw a halal food truck today that I've never seen before. Not sure if it's those same guys or not.

Halal Guys is a chain out of New York and not related to a local food truck.
FILO505
AG
Only thing I found on a geographically close Holy Cow was a burger place out of Austin. Anybody?
rc_cat
And that one is Wholly Cow, isn't it? Unless they've changed, that's just a burger place inside a convenience-type store -
src94
AG
What's going in at University Dr. east of the bypass across from Remax?
FlyRod
The new shawarma truck (Abu Omar) is now at Boyett and University.
Tariny
You can add La Rivera to the closed list http://www.larivierabcs.com/

No clue why or when they closed, but their website makes it sound like they will be back, but at a different location.
KidDoc
AG
Tariny said:

You can add La Rivera to the closed list http://www.larivierabcs.com/

No clue why or when they closed, but their website makes it sound like they will be back, but at a different location.
A few pages ago someone mentioned this and said they are hoping to move to South CS in the near future. Nothing confirmed AFAIK but man Tower Point/Cap rock is looking pretty good in 2-3 years with Mad Taco, Casa do Brazil, Tad's, Gringo's (?), Angry Elephant, and maybe La Rivera.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nought
AG
Looks like Bea's Alterations (over by TJ Maxx) has closed or is relocating. Anyone have more info?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.