BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,886 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Cyp0111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was my understanding as well.
Cyp0111
I think you're missing the point.

If Rellis acts as a 1-2 year stop within the A&M system it is essentially operating as a Juco. I would imagine it would have to offer an A&M degree from one of the system schools.
techno-ag
AG
My point was, it makes sense to have housing out there.
Cyp0111
I think that is why you're seeing continued development along Northgate...easy access to RELLIS and the "college" experience people are after.
Captn_Ag05
AG
It sounds like we all agree RELLIS will bring additional students, in whatever format it is set up in. I'm just curious what the number is expected to be.
Captn_Ag05
AG
2016 article I just read said 10,000 students expected of the 4-year students attending RELLIS but obtaining their degree from a branch campus. With Blinn growth and other new research and development programs, it could bring 20,000 total. So, if that's the case, the development of apartments makes sense and will be needed.
rocketscience
AG
I actually work on the RELLIS Campus. Blinn is building a new campus there, currently the first building is under construction with conceptual plans for 4 buildings (not including technical or vocational buildings). This is to offer the freshman and sophomore coursework. They are saying Blinn could eventually have 15,000 students there. The A&M System is also building an academic building (only one planned for now) which will have room for 2500 students, though John Sharp has said that A&M system students could eventually number as many as 15,000 as well. The other system schools will offer degrees in this building so, from what I gathered from the plans, RELLIS will more or less act as a multi-institutional university. Then they recently announced discussions to add more vocational and technical profession training there which could mean even more students on top of those aforementioned.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Good info! What is Blinn currently enrolling? These numbers are in addition to other development (TTI, etc) that could presumably bring additional people out there?

Seems like 47 might be poised for some development.
ChampsAg
Can this be moved to another thread?
rocketscience
AG
Blinn initially expects to have 2500 on that campus, in addition to the 14,000 at the Villa Maria campus. The 15,000 students Blinn plans for Rellis will be in addition to the Villa Maria campus as well. And yes, all of these students will be in addition to the multiple research centers, headquarters, and private industry facilities that will be going up in the coming years. It looks like 47 will develop into an urban expressway linking the university, the Biocorridor, the RELLIS campus, Easterwood, and whatever other developments spring up in that area.
Scruffy
AG
Traffic is going to make LA look like a paradise unless the city and county stop thinking like maybury and start thinking ahead.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Exciting stuff. Thanks!
BCSWguru
Cilantro in Bryan opened today. Food was delicious, however I did not see a lunch menu. The green sauce was very good.
double b
AG
What were the prices of the entrees?
Scruffy
AG
double b said:

What were the prices of the entrees?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
mgreen
Blaze Pizza opened today according to KBTX.
mgreen
POV coffee shop opened next to the STELLA HOTEL this week. Pastries look great.
Kate Beckett
AG
Had it in Orlando. Will definitely hit it up when in CS again.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Grooves on the Green from 3-6 today if hitting up Blaze or other Century Square restaurants pre-game.

http://www.century-square.com/events/
theycallmemrtibbs
Really disappointed in the new Specs. I thought, based on the size of the building, it would be more like the Specs in the larger cities with a wider selection gourmet foods and cheeses. In fact, it has maybe less than a quarter of what the existing Specs has in regards to food items. The selection of beer and wine seems broader but even the liquor selection didn't seem to be any different, or possibly less, than the other store.
Scruffy
AG
Did the food truck court fold?

I see a sign from the city about a public hearing for an abandonment and it looks like a realtor sign on the lot as well.

Anyone know anything?
FILO505
AG
Was in there tonight and spoke with the manager. The initial setup was a little jacked up, and the company is holding inventory in Houston due to a net sales donation to Harvey relief. He thinks it might be another couple of weeks before he's set up the way he's supposed to be
Captn_Ag05
AG
I think so and have suspected that for a while. It was supposed to open in June and the social media for the park has been silent since early May.

carpe vinum
AG
Who was the owner/organizer of the project?
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
Captn_Ag05
AG
http://waysidefoodpark.com

The guy trying to get it going has his name on the main page.
theycallmemrtibbs
tombdaddy504 said:

Was in there tonight and spoke with the manager. The initial setup was a little jacked up, and the company is holding inventory in Houston due to a net sales donation to Harvey relief. He thinks it might be another couple of weeks before he's set up the way he's supposed to be
Thanks! I'll give it another shot in a few weeks, if they make it that long. I was in there on Saturday afternoon, which you would think would be pretty busy being game day and all, but the place was a ghost town.
Cyp0111
lol. I think Specs can "make it that long"
theycallmemrtibbs
Cyp0111 said:

lol. I think Specs can "make it that long"
My comment was meant tongue-in-cheek but I readily admit sarcasm does not translate well in written format. I'm sure they will make it. But it was quite odd that it was so empty on game day.
rocketscience
AG
I looked through the CIty's permitting system and the food truck park has resubmitted engineering and planning documents as recently as yesterday. This leads me to believe it is still coming but that it's taking longer than they expected and we hoped because of the city's planning and design standards.
Scruffy
AG
Thanks.

I thought it strange since I saw people working there last week.
Just odd the city would put a sign like that in someone's property.
Scruffy
AG
I will say the kabob truck at the Boyett gas station is just waiting for the city to approve their permits.
They have everything else ready to go.
iisanaggie
AG
Sign up for Aggieland Preschool Academy in the old Jacque's building at Texas Avenue and Rosemary.
jja79
AG
Is Carp's dead before arrival?
techno-ag
AG
iisanaggie said:

Sign up for Aggieland Preschool Academy in the old Jacque's building at Texas Avenue and Rosemary.
That's a great location for one.
KidDoc
AG
jja79 said:

Is Carp's dead before arrival?
The current rumor is that it will be replaced with Angry Elephant out of San Antonio- but that is just from reading blogs & message boards I have no inside information.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.