BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,717 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Prescient
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good Aggie Hunting said:

In-N-Out Burger is finally entering the Houston market this year. Any idea if they would be interested to coming to Aggieland for a chance to expand here as well?
Took the family to California over Christmas. First In-N-Out burger experience. To a person the reaction was "meh". ALL said Whataburger was superior in taste and value. Besides, Whataburger is an Aggie-owned company.
AggiePhil
AG
Did you order your burgers animal style?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I've had several In & Out burgers when I visit my parents in San Antonio, and IMO they blow everyone else out of the water. To each his own. I like Whataburger, but I think they are overrated by us Texans a wee bit.

If an In & Out came to B/CS, I doubt I'd visit Whataburger much (or any other fast food burger place).
BryanPooch
Does anyone have any idea of when the restaurants listed on the Century Square site might be opening? It seems like they've been promised forever.
redd38
AG
BryanPooch said:

Does anyone have any idea of when the restaurants listed on the Century Square site might be opening? It seems like they've been promised forever.

The steakhouse is supposed to open in July, I would guess the others will be around then too.
carpe vinum
AG
Yeah, I think they timed it to get the kinks worked out before foobaw season.
rc_cat
Sorry if mentioned already - did not see on first page - Skechers has a sign up on empty store next to Starbucks in shopping center on University.
Kbeauty63
AG
Yes - I mentioned it several weeks ago in the C&G threads... got ignored.. *shrug*
carpe vinum
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

Yes - I mentioned it several weeks ago in the C&G threads... got ignored.. *shrug*
Don't feel bad, I told my wife about it a week or two ago and got the same response. I'm used to it.
rc_cat
Kbeauty63 said:

Sorry - there's been so much other stuff in here it's hard to catch it all. Maybe people just don't like Skechers!
redd38
AG
Apparently Icon on Northgate shut down already.
australopithecus robustus
Icon already sold. Good luck lol!
carpe vinum
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

Icon already sold. Good luck lol!
The list of defunct buisnesses at or around NorthGate the past 20 years would be loooooooooooooooong.
eloc62
Northgate needs another cow hop and a NY subway like back in the day. cow pie and fries! good stuff!
CharlieBrown17
AG
redd38 said:

Apparently Icon on Northgate shut down already.

Yeah went out a few weeks ago, there was a notice posted on the door that the locks had been changed due to not paying rent.
newsjunkie
Any word on when the Dunkin Donuts will be opening? And where?
AgFan1999
AG
Last I heard was at the front of Embassy Suites site.
TexAg1987
SIAP - saw an add for Carps now hiring. Maybe they are getting off of high center?
ukbb2003
Tailgate88 said:

BrandoC said:

A restaurant with a back patio would have a beautiful view of Kyle Field at that exact spot. Instead there is going to be a shatty oil change place there instead.

I noticed the building to the north of Gold's has a staircase going to the top of the building. Maybe a patio is planned? Is that the rumored Freddy's?
Bahama Bucks
bcstx06

Quote:

Gilbane Development Company, in a joint venture with Stonehenge Holdings, LLC, has been selected to develop a brand new hotel and conference center in College Station, TX.

http://www.gilbaneco.com/development/projects/texas-am-university-hotel-and-conference-center/

Quote:

Alliance Residential Company, Nation's Largest Multifamily Developer, Acquires Nine-Acre Site for a 261-Unit Luxury Apartment Community within the Atlas Master Development of Bryan

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/prnewswire/press_releases/Georgia/2017/03/06/LA28015?ana=prnews

Does anyone know where the City of Bryan Has moved its New Development page? Its harder to find out whats coming to town when the city moves this.

Scotch
AG
New development usually shows up here:

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/SDRC/

and

https://docs.bryantx.gov/engineering/Development_List.pdf
DigDogDoo
Piada Italian Street Food is coming to College Station. According to the Eagle, it's going to open by/end of Summer 2017. Its location (again, according to The Eagle) is 1025 University Drive, close to Easterwood Airport.

But that's un-developed land. Makes no sense imo lol
BQ_90
AG
I know those are artist drawers but where did the RR tracks go, also they show Kyle full but the parking lots empty.
Cyp0111
Piada is going into Century Square.
DigDogDoo
Hm, not according to their website unless 1025 University Dr is the new address for Century Square /or their website has false address info.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

where did the RR tracks go

They are there. You have to look closely.
mason12
AG
You can't always trust Google maps. Chipotle is in the 800 block of university. makes since that this would be in the 1000 block (century square).
DigDogDoo
I am not opposed to a "stop re-using the same address on the same street" ordinance/rules.

I'll take your word for it.
Cyp0111
Go to this page and click on brochure. Piada is listed as a restaurant under the map of property.

http://midwaycompanies.com/projects/century-square

BQ_90
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

where did the RR tracks go

They are there. You have to look closely.
they're downplayed, they are more visual than they are portrayed. they left out the fences, plus there isn't trees alone the RR on the east side. Like I said it's meant to look better than it actually is.
Oogway
Can they make the A&M logo in the pool w/o the bevel? That might be a deal breaker for some folks...

Has anyone heard any more news about the place going in along Wellborn Road where the mission used to be or did I miss what it is?
PS3D
mason12 said:

You can't always trust Google maps. Chipotle is in the 800 block of university. makes since that this would be in the 1000 block (century square).
Century Square is the 1200 block, 1289 is the Neighbors Emergency Center. The 1000-1300 blocks are missing as directly next to the current Neighbors was 1403 (Kettle). It's possible that the other blocks may be used as Century Square develops further, but I wouldn't know.
Cowboy1990
PS3D said:

bcstx06 said:

Also the new Hooters may be one of their new concepts called Hoots since this area is so "conservative."
Hoots Is the Restaurant for the Man Who Loves Wings But Hates Objectifying Women

Stupid idea
DontBeTriggered
BREAKING NEWS VIA KBTX: Hooters applied for a permit in Bryan next to Premier Cinemas...
Eliminatus
AG
Damnit. Hooters straight up sucks. Hate them. We can definitely use another BWWs in Bryan though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.