BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,819 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
LastHamlet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tailgate88 said:

src94 said:

Is R of N in the location where Gina's ultimately moved to and eventually closed?

Yes. RIP Vulcan.
I do miss the Vulcan.
nashvilleaggie11
West End Elixir coming to South College Station
GunRangeGal
AG
Whaaaaat?? Do not to get my hopes up! Where did you hear this?
Scruffy
AG
Their facebook page.
nashvilleaggie11
I'm Facebook friends with the owner and he posted it
src94
AG
The Vulcan was my favorite! SO tasty.
BlueMiles
AG
Is West End relocating, or adding a location? I checked Facebook, but did not see the post.
FlyRod
I can't imagine they are relocating. They put an enormous amount of work into the private upstairs room there (which is really pretty amazing).
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Toyota and Mazda supposedly building a huge factory together somewhere unnamed.

Could this be the mystery big business headed to our area?
jercfa
AG
Chick-fil-A at Aggieland on Texas Ave Opened this week after a short remodel.

We received a nice Kitchen upgrade, Drive Thru upgrade, and some other small upgrades.

We look forward to serving you again.
TexAg1987
TexAg1987 said:

I don't know who it is. This came via one of the other tenants in the strip from their landlord.
Carp has a 5 year lease but ran into money issues, or so I am told.

Latest that I have heard is it is going to be an "Angry Elephant"
http://www.theangryelephant.com

Captn_Ag05
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Toyota and Mazda supposedly building a huge factory together somewhere unnamed.

Could this be the mystery big business headed to our area?

Haha, but in all seriousness, I am anxiously awaiting to hear about the secret deal that has been talked about.
carpe vinum
AG
Indeed.
It could eclipse the Toyota/Mazda deal.
I don't think many realize how close we were to getting another big deal not long ago.
Close don't count, but seriously consider what a big deal would do to our everyday life.
mgreen
Went to Bahama Bucks tonight which opened three days ago and oddly there were less than 10 people there. Of course there were 6 or 7 cars in the drive thru. The original location seems to always be packed.
Captn_Ag05
AG
carpe vinum said:

Indeed.
I don't think many realize how close we were to getting another big deal not long ago.
Close don't count, but seriously consider what a big deal would do to our everyday life.

What's the timing on hearing something, if you had to guess?
CactusThomas
AG
TexAg1987 said:

TexAg1987 said:

I don't know who it is. This came via one of the other tenants in the strip from their landlord.

I hope you're right. That would be a great location for them.
eloc62
TexAg1987 said:

TexAg1987 said:

I can only hope that "Angry Elephant" opens there. that menu looks amazing. I will be there if the dogs are as good as they sound.
Tailgate88
AG
Two rumors I heard tonight. 1) South End Elixers is indeed happening but 2) Gringos is not. They backed out. Hope the first is true but not the second.

And I just saw Mad Taco is now hiring!
Captn_Ag05
AG
That would be disappointing about Gringos.
rocketscience
AG
carpe vinum said:

Indeed.

Could it be one of Elon Musk's new Gigafactories? Texas has long been considered a great contender for a gigafactory due to the Texas Enterprise Fund.
CoachLB
Does anyone have any information on the cigar shop going into the castlegate shopping area? I enjoy a really good cigar at our tailgates on Aggie game days. I usually take a small detour on our way in and get my cigars at Mikes Cigar Room in The Woodlands. A place that carries a good selection of premium cigars would be nice. Thanks.
KidDoc
AG
CJHajda said:

carpe vinum said:

Indeed.

Could it be one of Elon Musk's new Gigafactories? Texas has long been considered a great contender for a gigafactory due to the Texas Enterprise Fund.

That would be pretty funny since it isn't legal for Tesla to sell cars here. Good jobs though would be great.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
carpe vinum said:

Indeed.

if you're talkin about the Mazda/Toyota joint venture..

if we got that it would completely forever change the landscape of the BCS community. not only the venture by itself but then the growth byproduct to come for years after will be almost beyond what some of us can even comprehend.
LOYAL AG
AG
Hideaway Humidor is owned by the same guy that owns Cavalier Cigar on University. He's been in the business for several years now. What are you looking to find out?
biobioprof
Wade Winston Wilson said:

Did Remnant of Nawlins move? I thought they had just opened a second location
Good question. I don't know.
CoachLB
Loyal - I was just wondering if they would have a good supply of cigars like Padron 64s etc. I only smoke a cigar on game day so I do not mind paying the 15 to 25 dollars for those or Opus x etc. 7 times a year. Just wondering if they will have a contract with Padron etc. Thanks.
TXCIGAR
AG
Good Evening,

LoyalAg and I are friends and he mentioned that you inquired about the store via TexAgs. We do have a Padron account and plan to carry Padron 1964 and 1926 at this store. I recently spoke to the Fuente rep and should be receiving a small selection of OpusX. I cannot remember when these will ship, but it should be early fall. We plan to carry a different selection at Hideaway Humidor than we do at Cavalier Cigar Company, in order to give our customers a larger selection to choose from. Over the next two weeks I will be ordering product to stock Hideaway Humidor with. If there is anything particular which you or anyone else would like us to stock, please feel free to shoot me an email and I will do my best to get it on the shelf at Hideaway.

We are currently planning on opening in about two weeks and have a grand opening party planned for Friday, September 8th I would love for you to attend if you are available.

Regards,

Colton Rawls
Owner
Cavalier Cigar Co. & Hideaway Humidor
colton@cavaliercigar.com
CoachLB
Thank you so much for the reply. This sounds like you are really going to have a very nice place! I have bought cigars from Cavalier and the staff has always been very nice and very good about helping with selection and giving great information on cigars I have never smoked before. Looking forward to seeing your new place. Thanks and see you during football season.
Broncos
Where exactly will you be located?
Tailgate88
AG
jja79
AG
When eating there recently they told me it's now their only location.
Tailgate88
AG
I stand corrected.
FILO505
AG
They're going in the strip with Taco Casa. Saw them working in there the other day.
jja79
AG
It was great too by the way.
KidDoc
AG
The Jack in the Box location by Kroger on Rock Prairie had workers nailing plywood over the windows then painting them a stucco/beige color.

Anyone have any info?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.