BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,523 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tru Fit seems to have bad reviews in other cities for pushy salespeople. I wonder what will happen to the Aerofit there on 29th if it's closing. Will it be sold to the nearby apartment complex?
halibut sinclair
Let's wait and see.
Oogway
Time to move Whataburger from the rumor mill to the Coming Soon. Permit granted for SW Parkway & Wellborn. SIAP.
ratfacemcdougal
TX Burger grand opening Wed Oct 4. 1st 20 burgers free. 1/2 price burgers all day. 2$ glass beer. 6$ pitcher beer. 10:30am 14895 Wellborn rd.

Disclaimer....no connection, but was at Church's Chicken and the manager told me about it. (Carter Enterprises is the owner)
AggiePhil
AG
Grand opening??
Tailgate88
AG
Pure speculation but last time I was there a couple weeks ago they did not have their beer permit yet. They may have been waiting for that to do the grand opening.
ratfacemcdougal
grand opening / ribbon cutting is on the attachment he sent me.

motherrunnersBCS
Any one know if TX Burger and Carter Burger get their beef from the same supplier?
taxpreparer
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

TX Burger grand opening Wed Oct 4. 1st 20 burgers free. 1/2 price burgers all day. 2$ glass beer. 6$ pitcher beer. 10:30am 14895 Wellborn rd.

Disclaimer....no connection, but was at Church's Chicken and the manager told me about it. (Carter Enterprises is the owner)

But how much for parking?
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
ratfacemcdougal
Forgot to ask about that....better take a spare 50.00 with you.
PS3D
Oogway said:

Time to move Whataburger from the rumor mill to the Coming Soon. Permit granted for SW Parkway & Wellborn. SIAP.
The rumor appeared here last summer, and I wasn't convinced ("I'll believe when I see it") but then it was on New Development a few months ago. Last I saw they seemed to be clearing ground for the access road between the apartment complex driveway to Wellborn Road but no actual construction.
Oogway
I was going off of this:

but there isn't a timeline so it may be awhile before those burgers and fries are coming off the line...
Tailgate88
AG
taxpreparer said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

But how much for parking?

/ib4toofarfromthebypass
eloc62
Went to Zaxby's for the first time tonight. enjoyed it. The inside space is nice. glad they had TV's showing sports. Think they might find a niche here as a little different than a Chick-fil-a, Chicken Express, Bush's, but not quite a Wings n more/ Buffalo Wild Wings type place. The food was good. loved their coleslaw. chicken was tasty. fried mushrooms were good, and i also like the Texas toast more than a biscuit or a roll, the only negative i have are the crinkle cut fries. does anybody even eat those things anymore? It's not 1979. there are so many better options today as far as fries go.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

the only negative i have are the crinkle cut fries. does anybody even eat those things anymore?
It must be a "thing" with those matching chicken places. Layne's and Cane's serve those too.
fourth deck
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

the only negative i have are the crinkle cut fries. does anybody even eat those things anymore?
It must be a "thing" with those matching chicken places. Layne's and Cane's serve those too.

Braum's says hi
CactusThomas
AG
I'm about to be hot if we got a Braum's and y'all didn't let me know
Oogway
Ate at Braum's last week. Sorry not sorry. Fries were delish. Crinkle cut may not be some folks 'thing' but they do fine by me....

EditCactus, not in BCS, I don't think they will go this far south.
Anyone heard anything more about the steak place going in by Lowe's? Waiting on permits?
DBSwooper
Oogway said:

Ate at Braum's last week. Sorry not sorry. Fries were delish. Crinkle cut may not be some folks 'thing' but they do fine by me....

EditCactus, not in BCS, I don't think they will go this far south.
Anyone heard anything more about the steak place going in by Lowe's? Waiting on permits?

I mailed Braums a letter when I moved here in 1998 asking about locations this far south. Basically they won't open a store more than a DOT day from the dairy in Tuttle, Ok. So we will never have a Braums. Which is too bad.
halibut sinclair
Lots of remodeling going on at Premiere Cinema in Bryan. I saw old seats, concrete and sheetrock piled up outside in the back of the theater.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
eloc62 said:

Here.

Love me some crinkle cut fries.
The Anchor
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Lots of remodeling going on at Premiere Cinema in Bryan. I saw old seats, concrete and sheetrock piled up outside in the back of the theater.
They are putting in new seating. The new chairs will be similar to Cinemark's.
Rex Racer
AG
The Anchor said:

halibut sinclair said:

They are putting in new seating. The new chairs will be similar to Cinemark's.
I figured this was coming soon. They pretty much have to do it. Competition is good for all.
techno-ag
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Did you take a seat?
halibut sinclair
rocketscience
AG
https://www.stellabcs.com/blog/2017/10/5/and-so-it-begins
KidDoc
AG
CJHajda said:

https://www.stellabcs.com/blog/2017/10/5/and-so-it-begins
Would be great to have a sit down breakfast/brunch spot in South College Station- not that I could go most days but still!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
carpe vinum
AG
At the Governor's Business conference today Chef Tai was a speaker and said they broke ground on a new restaurant today.
Southwest corner of 40 and Barron.
2 story, bar on top with view of campus, and restaurant similar in layout to Veritas on ground floor.
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
Captn_Ag05
AG
Has there been any further news of the "major retailer or grocer" going in at Fitch and 6? I believe the Target rumor was debunked, but haven't heard anything further.
Captn_Ag05
AG
carpe vinum said:

At the Governor's Business conference today Chef Tai was a speaker and said they broke ground on a new restaurant today.
Southwest corner of 40 and Barron.
2 story, bar on top with view of campus, and restaurant similar in layout to Veritas on ground floor.

Which restaurant? Or will it be a new concept?
carpe vinum
AG
I don't recall him mentioning anything about concepts, just that it would be designed similar to Veritas.
carpe vinum
AG
Hey Flash, you owe me 25 cents for
plagiarism..

Quote:

Chef Tai Lee announced that construction has commenced on a what will be his newest restaurant at the southwest corner of 40 and Barron Rd. The 2 story building will feature a bar on top with views all the way to campus. The restaurant on the first floor will be similar to Tai's Veritas Wine and Bistro concept, which serves wine and fine food on University Drive near Texas A&M. Tai's big news was revealed during his talk at the Governor's Business conference held at the Stella Hotel earlier this week.
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Has there been any further news of the "major retailer or grocer" going in at Fitch and 6? I believe the Target rumor was debunked, but haven't heard anything further.
Suppose it's Walmart? The one there at 2818 and Texas Avenue is always crowded and there's probably room for a fourth. Mileage-wise it's as far away from the 2818/Texas Avenue one as the Villa Maria/2818 one is from Briarcrest.
jrhmc
AG
PS3D said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Suppose it's Walmart? The one there at 2818 and Texas Avenue is always crowded and there's probably room for a fourth. Mileage-wise it's as far away from the 2818/Texas Avenue one as the Villa Maria/2818 one is from Briarcrest.
Isn't it Kroger? I thought I remembered reading that earlier.
PS3D
jrhmc said:

PS3D said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Isn't it Kroger? I thought I remembered reading that earlier.
I heard Kroger Marketplace rumors a few years ago from someone who worked at the Bryan one, and talking to other employees at the RP store indicated they heard it too.

But since Southwest Parkway's store closed without replacement or without one in the pipeline (if my sources are correct, the Kroger in Bryan closed some months before its replacement on the freeway) I'm inclined to not believe any rumors until they file some sort of plan with P&D. Their market share has locally plummeted now to third place; the company has really cut back on new builds and doesn't tend to invest in areas with low market share.

Could it happen? It's not outside the realm of possibility, but I don't believe it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.