BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

679,737 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't recall if it's been mentioned, but what is the foundation work going in at the Boonville Kroger center, next to Chase and across from McCoys? Look like they are pouring concrete today.

I think the Oceans Buffett location would be great for Fargos, they're in need of more seating space. It will need some fresh updates and most of all, an awesome pest control program!!
redd38
AG
agrab86 said:

Actually, the Bryan Ocean Buffet address is 1701 S Texas Ave. The College Station Kohl's Center address is 1701 Texas Ave S. Very similar but not the same.
Well google does them both "S Texas Ave".
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
toolshed said:

I can't recall if it's been mentioned, but what is the foundation work going in at the Boonville Kroger center, next to Chase and across from McCoys? Look like they are pouring concrete today.

I think the Oceans Buffett location would be great for Fargos, they're in need of more seating space. It will need some fresh updates and most of all, an awesome pest control program!!
I was told by the landlord rep that that is supposed to be a Taco Bell
KidDoc
AG
New location announcement from eatBCS:

https://eatbcs.com/2017/05/26/fargos-bbq-announces-new-location-coming-august-1/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
isitjustme
AG
if you google them and put the incorrect city in, regardless of where the S is, the results will move the S to the correct place for the city requested.
Rexter
Rumor is this is the last weekend for Dickies BBQ.
redd38
AG
agrab86 said:

if you google them and put the incorrect city in, regardless of where the S is, the results will move the S to the correct place for the city requested.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Here's the google business listing for both of them
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Rumor is this is the last weekend for Dickies BBQ
I don't understand how they made it this long.
redd38
AG
Rexter said:

I ate there for the first time last week, I guess it was the kiss of death.
isitjustme
AG
When I just did that search for cs kohls, the S was to the right of Ave above the map, which is correct, but to the left of Texas in the description of the place below the photos and as shown in ur screen capture, and that is incorrect. I guess even the mighty google makes mistakes sometimes. Btw, further below on the kohls cs search results, the S was to the right of Ave as it should be.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Kid to Kid is now open at Booneville Road and Hwy 6 (next to Kroger)
halibut sinclair
pwalnuts said:

Kid to Kid is now open at Booneville Road and Hwy 6 (next to Kroger)
*Boonville*
frito bandito
Rexter said:

They seemed to busier than Kreuz Market...

And that isn't saying much.
toolshed
AG
Kreuz seems busier latey, which is a good thing in my book. I think they have a good product, slightly higher priced but maybe because of the quality of the meat provided. I don't know if they use prime, select or what. But I think they suffer from a bad startup period and are struggling to get people back in the doors.
FlyRod
Jin's Asian Cafe appears to have closed.

Oops, not yet verified. NM.
techno-ag
AG
toolshed said:

Kreuz seems busier latey, which is a good thing in my book. I think they have a good product, slightly higher priced but maybe because of the quality of the meat provided. I don't know if they iluae prime, select or what. But I think they suffer from a bad startup period and are struggling to get people back in the doors.
Went in for lunch the other day and it was packed. The brisket was outstanding.
Sleepnumber
AG
toolshed said:

Kreuz seems busier latey, which is a good thing in my book. I think they have a good product, slightly higher priced but maybe because of the quality of the meat provided. I don't know if they iluae prime, select or what. But I think they suffer from a bad startup period and are struggling to get people back in the doors.
The couple of times I've gone recently, they were not full----but pretty busy.
Olsen
AG
What's going on with Jin's? I went there for lunch today and it was closed! No note or anything left on the door.
BryanPooch
SouthTexas Avenue does NOT exist in College Station. It is only Texas Ave. S. starting right at the northern boundary of the city. It has long been a way to differentiate an address in CS and in Bryan, where both N. Texas Ave. and S. Texas Ave. are valid. At least the U.S. Postal Service understands. Google and Yelp are perpetuators of this mistake, especially Yelp which for a long time listed First Watch as being in College Station. Wrong!
BryanPooch
SouthTexas Avenue does NOT exist in College Station. It is only Texas Ave. S. starting right at the northern boundary of the city. It has long been a way to differentiate an address in CS and in Bryan, where both N. Texas Ave. and S. Texas Ave. are valid. At least the U.S. Postal Service understands. Google and Yelp are perpetuators of this mistake, especially Yelp which for a long time listed First Watch as being in College Station. Wrong!
KidDoc
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

What's going on with Jin's? I went there for lunch today and it was closed! No note or anything left on the door.

My wife mentioned that T Jin by Kroger was on the health report a few weeks ago maybe it has something to do with that?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
BryanPooch said:

This is correct. Bryan has both North and South Texas Avenue. CS has only Texas Avenue South.
PBR
Texas Ave is actually Hwy 6 ...before the bypass
PS3D
KidDoc said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

My wife mentioned that T Jin by Kroger was on the health report a few weeks ago maybe it has something to do with that?
Different restaurant. T Jin is not associated with Jin's on Northgate. If Jin's is gone then I suspect that building will be slated for redevelopment (Lippman had specifically cited rent issues as part of his closure)

PBR said:

Texas Ave is actually Hwy 6 ...before the bypass

"Highway 6 South" is actually also part of the Texas Avenue South numbering system, it continues. 100 starts at the Bryan city limit (Econo Lodge, 104) to Deacon (Wings N More, 3230). D&D Movers is at 3700 but still uses a Texas Avenue address, Saltgrass is 4330, and it keeps going up until Grimes County (Santa's Wonderland is 18898, Maldonado Auto Storage is 27090).
AggiePhil
AG
Looks like the Tower Point Dominos is open.
PS3D
The New Development List confirms the Southwest Parkway/Wellborn Whataburger restaurant rumor that appeared last summer!

https://maps.cstx.gov/pdspublic/NDL%20Drawings/SP2017-000033.tif?sortby=
mAgnoliAg
AG
PS3D said:

The New Development List confirms the Southwest Parkway/Wellborn Whataburger restaurant rumor that appeared last summer!

https://maps.cstx.gov/pdspublic/NDL%20Drawings/SP2017-000033.tif?sortby=

That's gonna ****ing tear up. Probably going to be open to the campus village/woodlands entrance and on the way home from northgate and class for 1/3 of all students pretty much these days.

Edit: if it is open to campus village/woodlands then the thousands of people that live there won't even have to get on the road when they are drunk at their apartments late at night.
phatpat21
Freaking brilliant
That place is going to dominate
eloc62
No-brainer killer location for a Whataburger. No way they fail there!
Average Joe
AG
Maybe that will take pressure of the rock prarie location.
95_Aggie
AG
I'm surprised they didn't wait for a pad site at the new HEB
PS3D
Just got off the phone with Dickey's BBQ, they say today will be the last day open but they think another franchisee will take it over in a few weeks.
toolshed
AG
Urban Air posted on their Facebook page that they've finally received their building permits from the city and are proceeding with construction. Just slow to get started I guess.
PS3D
toolshed said:

Urban Air posted on their Facebook page that they've finally received their building permits from the city and are proceeding with construction. Just slow to get started I guess.
Ironic that Altitude in College Station got its permits far quicker and is well along in the construction process with new paint on ceilings and walls, among other things...
MsC2012
AG
Rockies is moving into the old Prospector's location! HOpefully by July 1!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.