BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,671 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting business model to open a non walkup customer focused business in one of the highest cost/ft2 in the area.
Then again, it's the closest auto body place to Greens Prairie/Arrington Castle Gaters intersection.
They may do very well.
bcstx06
Thanks for all of the support on here guys. I came up with the Coming & Going thread many years ago because it was what I was most interested in here locally.

With that said, great news West Bryan, a new Chick-Fil-a is planned across from Wings N' More on Villa Maria. There is also a Dominos planned for that area as well. I'm still looking threw the development list for the week so there could be more to announce!
Captn_Ag05
AG
A new Chick Fil A is big news. People love their CFA!
PS3D
carpe vinum said:

Interesting business model to open a non walkup customer focused business in one of the highest cost/ft2 in the area.

Isn't the highest cost per square foot area in College Station Northgate? I have a hard time believing that Tower Point is more expensive than Northgate.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I'd think it would be the Century Square development.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Century Square, they have updated their map, so you can see where the yet to open places will be located.

http://www.century-square.com/uploads/img/content/Century_Square_Retail_Brochure.pdf

Also, there is a new restaurant on the map: French Fry Heaven. They have locations in Tempe and Cincinnati and opening soon in DC, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, in addition to CS. Their website: http://www.frenchfryheaven.com/locations/
ChampsAg
Actually two new Chick Fil A stores. One by the new HEB and the previously mentioned in Bryan. About a year to 18 months out though
Captn_Ag05
AG
By new HEB, you mean the one to be built on Wellborn/2818?

When I left Napa Flats this weekend, the line at Chick Fil A was nuts...three lanes and people backed out on to Texas to turn in. Additional locations are welcomed!
AgsWin2011
AG
Tried Blake's Steaks for lunch. Pretty good cheese steak. Had the O.G. My only complaint is that it is a little expensive, but what isn't these days. A sandwhich and drink (no fries) was $12.XX. Granted they do have a lunch special which is half a sandwhich, fries, and a drink for $8.
The Original AG 76
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

When I left Napa Flats this weekend, the line at Chick Fil A was nuts...three lanes and people backed out on to Texas to turn in. Additional locations are welcomed!
I'm not sure that anything will reduce the madhouse around CFA at lunch. It is almost a cult with wimmenz. I admit that the food is great, the service is always excellent BUT..its just a chicken thing..There is NO ZERO NADA so-called fast food on the planet that rates that line and madhouse. I will stop by at off hours and always enjoy the food but can not fathom on Gods green earth why anyone waits in an insane line for food.
PS3D
The Original AG 76 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I'm not sure that anything will reduce the madhouse around CFA at lunch. It is almost a cult with wimmenz.
Remember the sorority houses are basically behind the shopping centers.
carpe vinum
AG
No sororities around Briarcrest and that place is insane.
If you just park at the Walmart and walk you'll be in and out before 5 cars go through.
Shhh, dont tell anyone.
Cyp0111
Poppy's in century square opens tomorrow. Looks amazing g
ChampsAg
I use the app and go in or have it brought out
eloc62
Couple of questions real quick. siap. how is Blaze Pizza? want to try it. Is that Irish pub place called Mo's still slated to open? I really love a good fish n chips. has anybody heard anything about that Tad's seafood place that is supposed to open next to Lowe's? the sign has been up for a couple of month's but nothing seems to be happening there. Also,anybody know when the Angry Elephant will open?
Tailgate88
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I'm not sure that anything will reduce the madhouse around CFA at lunch. It is almost a cult with wimmenz. I admit that the food is great, the service is always excellent BUT..its just a chicken thing..There is NO ZERO NADA so-called fast food on the planet that rates that line and madhouse. I will stop by at off hours and always enjoy the food but can not fathom on Gods green earth why anyone waits in an insane line for food.

If you eat at CFA and you're not using the app and curbside pickup you are doing it wrong.
FlyRod
Sign up for a Vietnamese restaurant called "Nam Cafe" over by The Rise. Have not heard or read anything about it.
Scruffy
AG
That signs been up for a while.
Every time I walk by no more work has been done in that center.
Looks like a restaurant on the south end and a "separate" bobble tea place on the north.

Like with the "restaurant" supposed to go in the ground floor of the domain, looks like everything has stopped.
FlyRod
That's too bad. I was really hoping for some decent Vietnamese food in town, which is sorely absent.
DBA
All the Kings Men has a soft opening today - Main. St. in Downtown Bryan. Great food and decor!
ranh1
They cleared a piece of land at Harvey and Copperfield. Anybody know what might be going in there? Gas Station?
carpe vinum
AG
They moved a metric crapton of dirt just North and West of the TP HEB parking lot. Just across that little connector road from the old Little Caesars.

I do not recall reading about that spot's future inhabitant(s).
phatpat21
Drew's Carwash
PS3D
They also opened a real jewelry store (not one of these "gold and silver" places) inside the H-E-B Tower Point location. I forgot the exact brand of it (Samuels?) but it replaced the "Aggie gear" shop, which was moved to outside of the store.
DontBeTriggered
eloc62 said:

Couple of questions real quick. siap. how is Blaze Pizza? want to try it. Is that Irish pub place called Mo's still slated to open? I really love a good fish n chips. has anybody heard anything about that Tad's seafood place that is supposed to open next to Lowe's? the sign has been up for a couple of month's but nothing seems to be happening there. Also,anybody know when the Angry Elephant will open?

Blaze Pizza is amazing. I've eaten there 6 times since its opening. The ingredients are fantastic. The pizza delicious. They offer fresh mozzarella balls that they will break apart and put on top of the fluffy mozzarella already used as the base. It's interesting to know that LeBron James is one of the owners!
jac4
AG
PS3D said:

They also opened a real jewelry store (not one of these "gold and silver" places) inside the H-E-B Tower Point location. I forgot the exact brand of it (Samuels?) but it replaced the "Aggie gear" shop, which was moved to outside of the store.

I know the last time I ran in to HEB to get milk/eggs etc, I was in the express check out line and thought, "Man, I should go buy a tennis bracelet for the wife."
Tailgate88
AG
I sure wish someone would open a restaurant with on top of the hill at Tower Point with a back porch overlooking CS. Preferably with a good margarita.
The Original AG 76
AG
jac4 said:

PS3D said:

I know the last time I ran in to HEB to get milk/eggs etc, I was in the express check out line and thought, "Man, I should go buy a tennis bracelet for the wife."
you aren't the target. I was talking to the a HEB manager about this a while back and he said it was amazing how many lower to middle income types buy stuff at those shops. Most high end jewelry buyers go to an indy local stand alone jeweler like IW Marks. But a ton of first timers looking for that first engagement ring or even a wedding ring or even nice watch for someone special buys at the mall chain jeweler like Zales. HEB is capturing a lot of these buyers. He also mentioned that , quietly, the biggest volume jewelry retailer is Sams and Cosco. And yes...jewelry markup is actually greater than furniture. Nothing even comes close
atm86
AG
carpe vinum said:

They moved a metric crapton of dirt just North and West of the TP HEB parking lot. Just across that little connector road from the old Little Caesars.

I do not recall reading about that spot's future inhabitant(s).
Possibly the new Drew's Express.
mazag08
AG
Tailgate88 said:

I sure wish someone would open a restaurant with on top of the hill at Tower Point with a back porch overlooking CS. Preferably with a good margarita.

Sounds like you have an intricate knowledge of what would be successful there. I'll pitch in $100 if you do the rest.
lockett93
AG
Tailgate88 said:

I agree it sounds like a no brainer until you take into account the setting sun direction...
techno-ag
AG
Tailgate88 said:

To be fair, Top of the Hill benefits from extremely low rent.
Tailgate88
AG
mazag08 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Sounds like you have an intricate knowledge of what would be successful there. I'll pitch in $100 if you do the rest.
I aspire to be a restaurant customer, not a restaurant owner.

On another note, looks like they are doing dirt work on the other side of Bahama Bucks - anyone know what is going there?
Tailgate88
AG
Answering my own question as I stopped and looked at their construction permit... Starbucks Tower Point!
Broncos
Has anyone tried Poppy yet? The restaurant in The George... Can't find a menu or anything about it online.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.