BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,467 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The placement of the new Mad Taco is very odd.
mAgnoliAg
AG
RafterAg223 said:

The demographics exist in this town to support higher end restaurants and mid to upper end soft goods. We have very few of both. It is true that many people do drive to Houston or The Woodlands regularly to enjoy these types of establishments. You can only eat Outback, Saltgrass, Olive Garden or Cheddars so many times before you get sick of them. And none of those are really considered higher end.

Cheddars? Cheddars is cheap AF
RafterAg223
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

RafterAg223 said:

The demographics exist in this town to support higher end restaurants and mid to upper end soft goods. We have very few of both. It is true that many people do drive to Houston or The Woodlands regularly to enjoy these types of establishments. You can only eat Outback, Saltgrass, Olive Garden or Cheddars so many times before you get sick of them. And none of those are really considered higher end.

And where did I say cheddars was high end? Did you read the last sentence of my post?
RafterAg223
AG
BrandoC said:

The placement of the new Mad Taco is very odd.
Like their existing location with zero visibility isn't?
mAgnoliAg
AG
RafterAg223 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

RafterAg223 said:

And where did I say cheddars was high end? Did you read the last sentence of my post?

Well I just was laughing at grouping it with those other 3
RafterAg223
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

RafterAg223 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

RafterAg223 said:

Well I just was laughing at grouping it with those other 3

Oh ok, my bad. The others are clearly meccas for foodies and gourmands.
FlyRod
Peter Madden knows what he's doing...trust me.

That location is growing by leaps and bounds and will get plenty of traffic.
GunRangeGal
AG
Mad Taco is in an easily accessible location near an incredibly busy intersection. I'm pretty sure they'll do just fine.
Tailgate88
AG
The new Mad Taco is going to absolutely kill it. Thousands of us in South CS are counting the hours until they open. When you have a quality product, your customers will seek you out.
scs2001
AG
I must've missed it... where will the new Mad Taco and Brazilian steak house be?
Captn_Ag05
AG
scs2001 said:

I must've missed it... where will the new Mad Taco and Brazilian steak house be?

Greens Prairie and Arrington, I believe.
carpe vinum
AG
both in cap rock.
Broncos
FlyRod said:

Peter Madden knows what he's doing...trust me.

I have inside information about the business that will open next door to Mad Taco, but am sworn to secrecy at the moment. All I'll say is it's food and/or beverage focused.

Don't come in here with this BS. Either give up the info or don't say anything.
FlyRod
That seems like reasonable advice.
TXAGBQ76
AG
He's saying honor your agreement in private- i.e. don't play the "I know something you don't" card.
FlyRod
Broncos
What was the edit?!
Cyp0111
wow. awesome
LOYAL AG
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Anyone heard when All the Kings Men will be opening in downtown Bryan?

Targeting mid-August.
LOYAL AG
AG
If you're a cigar smoker there's a cigar shop going in next to Carp's TBD at Castlegate. Couple of doors down from Taco Casa. Expecting to open around Aug 20.
Broncos
That will probably do well there.
TexAg1987
LOYAL AG said:

If you're a cigar smoker there's a cigar shop going in next to Carp's TBD at Castlegate. Couple of doors down from Taco Casa. Expecting to open around Aug 20.

SIAP - heard today that Carps has a new owner and will continue to open it as a sports bar. Hopefully sooner than later.
FlyRod
Papa Murphy's Pizza in the Tejas Center has closed.
Max06
AG
TexAg1987 said:

LOYAL AG said:

SIAP - heard today that Carps has a new owner and will continue to open it as a sports bar. Hopefully sooner than later.
Could Peter Madden be opening a sports bar?!?
TexAg1987
I don't know who it is. This came via one of the other tenants in the strip from their landlord.
Carp has a 5 year lease but ran into money issues, or so I am told.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Carp has a 5 year lease but ran into money issues, or so I am told.
That's what happens when you have expenses coming in and no revenue to pay for it.
Cyp0111
When the name was "Carps" you knew this was destined for failure.
frito bandito
La Riviera on S. Texas Ave. in Bryan is closing. Today is the last day, per our server. Possible re-opening sometime in the future, in a College Station location.
armymom
Sorry to here that La Riviera is closing but that wasn't really a suitable location. Looking forward to seeing if and where it reopens!
rocketscience
AG
Anyone know what happened to plans to put something in the old building at the corner of University and College Main, across from the Corner Bar? Seems like prime location on Northgate for a restaurant, bar, or club and I remember hearing about plans for it at one point.
PS3D
CJHajda said:

Anyone know what happened to plans to put something in the old building at the corner of University and College Main, across from the Corner Bar? Seems like prime location on Northgate for a restaurant, bar, or club and I remember hearing about plans for it at one point.

It was supposed to be "Z Bar & Bistro" with a rooftop patio, and while several permits (and a liquor license) were issued from what I heard it had money issues.

https://www.buildzoom.com/property-info/335-university-dr-college-station-tx

frito bandito said:

La Riviera on S. Texas Ave. in Bryan is closing. Today is the last day, per our server. Possible re-opening sometime in the future, in a College Station location.

That sucks, but that strip center has had a lot of businesses leave. It suffers from being "too far north from College Station" and "too far south from Bryan" simultaneously.
OnlyANobody
Chef Tai tweeted "Something exciting is coming to @KyleField_12th for this upcoming Football Season." He didn't elaborate.
Scruffy
AG
$50 chicken wraps?
FILO505
AG
Introduction of food trucks on game day around Kyle?
UglyScientist
Got dinner from the new Fusion Peru restaurant tonight. Great menu with lots of choices and the food was really tasty. I never got a chance to make it to the food truck, so I was really looking forward to trying this. Glad we have some more diverse Latin American food options in town!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.