BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

685,038 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I just talked to one of the managers of the new Spec's on University, and it sounds like they opened last Friday (we had a bad cell connection, but I think that's what he said)
PS3D
Cyp0111 said:

The A&M hotel feels like a John Sharp special.
Gosh, you think so?

carpe vinum said:

The Walnut Cafe or Black Walnut (whatever it is) was rumored there then backed off, there have been several rumored places back off the past year. It's not terribly uncommon.
Petsmart was headed to the new Bryan Walmart area then decided Towerpoint was the place to be.
Black Walnut was Chimney Hill, not Northpoint Crossing. I remember seeing some sort of lease plan with a lot of wishful thinking on it (it included Minuti Coffee IIRC but also a bunch of others, including Ann Taylor Loft, another location of T. Jin...I may have the document on my old computer). I might be able to find the potential original tenant...but it would be surprising if ANY of them actually signed a lease.
carpe vinum
AG
Maybe so, I thought their first location was in Northpoint, then moved to Chimney Hill.
They'll be back, too much inertia now.
Even if over-saturated, no one wants to be left out.
Lowe's and HEB took a "huge risk" a few years ago..., or was it?
Hell, that Towerpoint Petsmart may be the only one in America not in the shadow of a Home Depot.
They don't waste much time or money on market analysis, they just follow Home Depots like CVS follows Walgreens.
Smart money could well be CVS and Home Depot to Towerpoint shortly.
PS3D
carpe vinum said:

Maybe so, I thought their first location was in Northpoint, then moved to Chimney Hill.
They'll be back, too much inertia now.
Even if over-saturated, no one wants to be left out.
Lowe's and HEB took a "huge risk" a few years ago..., or was it?

I can't believe that was considered a "huge risk" (quoting who?), considering nearly every "far south" retailer has generally met with success except when things went sour went with the parent company. I mean, Kroger opened in Rock Prairie in 2000, when there weren't a whole lot of subdivisions south of Graham Road...
Captn_Ag05
AG
Tiffs Treats is open.

https://eatbcs.com/2017/08/21/tiffs-treats-college-station-open-for-business/
Average Joe
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Tiffs Treats is open.

https://eatbcs.com/2017/08/21/tiffs-treats-college-station-open-for-business/

Stopped by there after Zoes Kitchen last night. They were good, but nothing special over most other bakeries.
Captn_Ag05
AG
So, Zoe's is open? Any other spots in Century Square (other than Hopdoddy) open yet?

Tiffs is a great delivery/gift, but if just going in to the store, I could see being underwhelmed.
Average Joe
AG
I believe today is their first day open. Last night was some event thing my wife got tickets to.

I don't usually do reviews, but I'll say that I went in thinking it was not my type of food and left very happy. Had steak kabobs that were excellent. Good cut, tender, and a great sauce. Potato salad and slaw were different (feta in the slaw, oil and vinegar instead of mayo/mustard in potatoes and slaw, so Mediterranean), but both were really good. Wife had spinach rolls with grilled chicken. Also really good. Prices and atmosphere on Jason's Deli and McAlister's level.
AggiePhil
AG
Learned today that Taco Crave had a fire and is now closed.
ChampsAg
Closed for good?
aggiemom89
Is there ample parking at Century Square for Zoe's and hopdoddy??
Captn_Ag05
AG
One would hope since there are 10-15 other restaurants and shops opening there soon, plus a movie theater. I believe there is a parking garage as well.
ChampsAg
Taco Crave will be open tomorrow per their Facebook page. Grill issue
soso33
TSO is moving from the former kroger shopping center at the corner of SW pkway and Texas Ave. to next door to C&J's bbq on Wellborn.
armymom
Had lunch at the Stella Hotel today and was impressed. Good service, good food and atmosphere and not crowded. Not at all loud and easy to have a conversation. Limited menu and expensive and the rolls were especially good!
phatpat21
Haven't seen it, but it looks like a new Wing Stop is going in off Boonville between spoons and the cleaners place.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Century Square green going in:

https://instagr.am/p/BYMB9_GgDoH
ratfacemcdougal
Green side up!!
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Century Square green going in:

https://instagr.am/p/BYMB9_GgDoH
Just in time for hurricane rains!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
summergal
Zoes was so good.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is there more to the story here?

http://www.theeagle.com/townnews/politics/college-station-city-council-votes-against-commercial-rezoning/article_cbf7f22f-3857-5b2b-b63d-ebd90c09f752.html
DBSwooper
Captn_Ag05 said:

Is there more to the story here?

http://www.theeagle.com/townnews/politics/college-station-city-council-votes-against-commercial-rezoning/article_cbf7f22f-3857-5b2b-b63d-ebd90c09f752.html
Does someone on the council live or own rental property in that neighborhood?

Captn_Ag05
AG
That was my exact thought.
techno-ag
AG
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
Sign up for Gabriella's Coffeeshop and Pastries where My Daily Bread used to be off Texas Ave.
UglyScientist
FlyRod said:

Sign up for Gabriella's Coffeeshop and Pastries where My Daily Bread used to be off Texas Ave.

It's still the same place, they just changed their name.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Frios Popsicles is coming to BCS. A truck at first and then opening a store front.
OnlyANobody
Wing Stop in the Bryan Kroger center is open.
eloc62
I happened to be stopped at the light at Harvey and hwy 6 next to the mall, and saw on the mall sign that Charley's Philly Steaks is open in the mall. I know they have 1 in Austin. any info?
AgFan1999
AG
one in the Woodlands too. part of a larger chain.

decent cheesesteaks - I remember the price being comparable to other places - fries and a drink would make it a once every once in a while meal cost wise.
AgsWin2011
AG
Wish Texadelphia would return....
taxpreparer
AG
I knew the family that owned the sandwich shop the City of CS stole through eminent domain and resold to Texadelphia. I will never eat in one of their shops because they were a party to theft.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Captn_Ag05
AG
The George is open.
ChampsAg
Cilantro will open next Thursday if all goes as planned

Mad Taco #2 scheduled to open next Wednesday as well. ***update*** Mad Taco opening pushed back. Equipment got caught in Houston. May be a couple more weeks

All the King's Men shooting for next few weeks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.