BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,250 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tombdaddy504 said:

Went to Urban Bricks the other day. Nothing special. They forgot my daughter's pizza, so that was nice. Wasn't busy. Just didn't make it. Or gave it to a drive thru customer. I had the margherita pizza. Hers was the classic. Portion is nice, but the pizza itself is meh. Speed from order to serve is good.

Isn't the appeal to that place to build your own pizza? Or am I thinking of another place?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Isn't the appeal to that place to build your own pizza? Or am I thinking of another place?
Yes, you can build your own pizza but they also have a few specialty combos that you can order as well - same price either way.
Rex Racer
AG
redd38 said:

tombdaddy504 said:

Went to Urban Bricks the other day. Nothing special. They forgot my daughter's pizza, so that was nice. Wasn't busy. Just didn't make it. Or gave it to a drive thru customer. I had the margherita pizza. Hers was the classic. Portion is nice, but the pizza itself is meh. Speed from order to serve is good.

That's Kramer's idea!
Scotch
AG
It's a pizza the moment you put your fists in the dough!
Darth Football
Looks like Executive Suites coming in across from Fed Ex in CS on Longmire.
OnlyANobody
Remnant of Nawlins' new central location
TheAlarmGuy
Rex Racer said:

redd38 said:

tombdaddy504 said:

That's Kramer's idea
Cup O Pizza

Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
KidDoc
AG
Is that the location of the soul food place that closed? Sure looks like the same building. Butlers?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shebe008
Does anyone know when the 2 Dunkin Donuts are supposed to open? There should be one in South CS and one on University drive.
double b
AG
Darth Football said:

Any contact info for this?
rocketscience
AG
New sports bar from Louisiana coming to BCS
Love Gun
Anyone know what is going up next to the Lutheran church next to Lowe's and St. Joes at Tower Point?
kyledr04
AG
Heard TX Burger is supposed to open in Wellborn on 7/5.
Tailgate88
AG
KidDoc said:

Is that the location of the soul food place that closed? Sure looks like the same building. Butlers?

I believe so, and before that it was Gina's Mexican restaurant (after they moved from the current location of Casa Rod).
Tailgate88
AG
Demon 8 said:

Anyone know what is going up next to the Lutheran church next to Lowe's and St. Joes at Tower Point?
If you are talking about Christ United Methodist Church, which is north of Lowes and St. Joes on the west side of Highway 6, that is a Senior Living Facility.
scs2001
AG
I've been wondering if Casa Rod was in Gina's old space! When did that happen? Where was Casa Rod before?
taxpreparer
AG
scs2001 said:

I've been wondering if Casa Rod was in Gina's old space! When did that happen? Where was Casa Rod before?
A block further south, next to what use to be a "dime" store. (I forgot the name.)
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Love Gun
Tailgate88 said:

Demon 8 said:

If you are talking about Christ United Methodist Church, which is north of Lowes and St. Joes on the west side of Highway 6, that is a Senior Living Facility.

That's the one. Another senior facility? They are building another one behind BSW on Rock Prairie east.
txyaloo
AG
shebe008 said:

Does anyone know when the 2 Dunkin Donuts are supposed to open? There should be one in South CS and one on University drive.
Don't expect it anytime soon. They aren't even in the permitting stage yet.
armymom
The one on Rock Prairie is for skilled nursing whereas the one by the church is more independent and assisted living. There is a huge need for these facilities since more retirees are moving to this area. Some retirees don't want to buy a house and prefer something small. The apartments in College Station are student heavy and not conducive to elderly living. Having tried to find these type of living facilities for my mother I am happy to see more options! Waiting lists can be long!
dave99ag
AG
About 10 yrs ago a developer (think it was Stylecraft) tried to put in a 55+ neighborhood at the corner of Victoria and Eagle. It wasn't long before that sign was removed and open to everyone. The market is getting better for retirees, but it's hard to turn down that parent money buying houses for their kids.
AggiePhil
AG
kyledr04 said:

Heard TX Burger is supposed to open in Wellborn on 7/5.

With or without a drive-through?
The Original AG 76
AG
Doubt it has a drive in. The overlords in CS wouldn't let the Cajun place do anything outside so I don't think they will be allowed to touch the sacred parking lot for a drive thru
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
double b said:

Darth Football said:

Any contact info for this?

Legacy on Longmire Executive Suites

happyinBCS
They are proud of those senior living apartments, the buy in (entrance fee) is 400k for a 2 bedroom and 4,900 per month on top. 90% of the entrance fee is returned to the person or estate when you move and it is "resold"
Captn_Ag05
AG
The George hotel (Century Square) posted on Facebook today that they will be opening in August and are starting to take reservations for their opening weeks.
BlueMiles
AG
Galleria Day Spa will be opening a second location in Century Square "Fall 2017," per an email I received.
BrandoC
AG
Best hamburger joint in Texas. Man this is good news.
PS3D
BrandoC said:

I think that they actually had a location in Bryan-College Station many years ago (with the old "Texas Burger" logo), in Westgate Center. Did this actually happen or was the directory wrong?
carpe vinum
AG
PS3D said:

BrandoC said:

I think that they actually had a location in Bryan-College Station many years ago (with the old "Texas Burger" logo), in Westgate Center. Did this actually happen or was the directory wrong?
Yep, I don't know how connected it was to the chain though. Tad was essentially a one man operation. I miss the aggie special" hamburger, egg roll, and a drink.
Love Gun
I thought Texas Burger was rebranded as Carter's Burger
AggiePhil
AG
Today is La Botana's last day. BBQ place supposedly coming in behind it.
UmustBKidding
Which LA botana?
UmustBKidding
Texas burger in Westgate center was not part of the chain. Actually when TX burger rented the old El Chico location in Bryan they we're nice enough to name it carter burger to not be confusing. They had the corporate entity that would have forced egg roll guy to change his name but did not.
theycallmemrtibbs
Some kind of ramen place has coming soon signs up in the Kohl's shopping center, next to the new bubble tea place. I didn't catch the name something Ramen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.