BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,821 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tvoiles said:

Gander Mountain building is up for sale ($8MM), guess that means it is not re-opening?
Interesting. They were asking $12.2 million in 2013.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2333252
FlyRod
happyinBCS
They are clearing the land on the feeder road and sebesta rd. Is that where the new Mercedes dealership is going to be?
75AG
AG
happyinBCS said:

They are clearing the land on the feeder road and sebesta rd. Is that where the new Mercedes dealership is going to be?

I've heard both Mercedes and BMW will be located there.
EBrazosAg
AG
You are correct. It is supposed to be both BMW and Mercedes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EBrazosAg
AG
There is a lot more dust collecting big box retail space around now than there was then.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrandoC
AG
To be completely honest, I am a huge fan of Texas Burger. Nothing against the owner of the College Station Texas Burger,if happen to be on TexAgs, but their food is not TRUE Texas Burger quality. The buns, toppings, etc. taste nothing like Texas Burgers of the past in Madisonville, Centerville, and Crockett. Burgers from the 3 towns just named will change your mind, I promise.
Scruffy
AG
BrandoC said:

To be completely honest, I am a huge fan of Texas Burger. Nothing against the owner of the College Station Texas Burger,if happen to be on TexAgs, but their food is not TRUE Texas Burger quality. The buns, toppings, etc. taste nothing like Texas Burgers of the past in Madisonville, Centerville, and Crockett. Burgers from the 3 towns just named will change your mind, I promise.

I haven't had the local one, but I will agree that Texas Burger (the ines I've eaten at) is great food.
LOYAL AG
AG
Broncos said:

Where exactly will you be located?
I just noticed you didn't get an answer so allow me. Hideaway Humidor will be located next to Taco Casa at Fitch and Arrington. Same area as Shipley's, Layne's Rattlers, etc.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Embassy Suites is set to open the week of September 18. Looking nice. Sadly, no Dunkin.
Broncos
Thanks!
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Embassy Suites is set to open the week of September 18. Looking nice. Sadly, no Dunkin.
From what I heard earlier, they had pulled out. So Lovan went away for nothing.

In other news, it looks like they're starting to break ground for the new Whataburger at Southwest Parkway and Wellborn.
AggiePhil
AG
WHats going in next to Disckunt Tore south?
Beau Bevers
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Beau Bevers said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right? Someone owns the rights to Dunkin in Brazos Co., according to their franchising website, so I hope they find a new location for one.
KidDoc
AG
I saw that they were marking for a foundation next to the Taco Bell on Tower Point, any idea?
FILO505
AG
AggiePhil said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

That is one truly gorgeous lookin in hotel. Very aesthetically pleasing to look at. Great work by that developer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Was sad to see pizza hut on University Dr out a business . My family has been going there for 35+ years. It's now a Fuego parking lot.

Anyone know if they will open another sit down location?
curry97
AG
AggiePhil said:

Inspire Physical Therapy from what I was told.
carpe vinum
AG
AggiePhil said:

Pretty sure one is a new Ground Shuttle Park n Ride, not sure about the other.
deh40
AG
KidDoc said:

I saw that they were marking for a foundation next to the Taco Bell on Tower Point, any idea?
Jiffy Lube
EBrazosAg
AG
Dunkin Doughnuts franchisee is on hook for 2-3 in Brazos. Problem is finding good lots than meet demographic and financial model they use. TP area too high to make it work I suspect. And CoCS can add $100-300k to your development cost in a heart beat. The corporate is pretty strict about staying in a corridor of expense when building a property. They know what works and what doesn't.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Any idea what the issue was at the Embassy Suite site?
Scruffy
AG
AggiePhil said:

I thought I was Good at day drinking.
PS3D

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

It's now a Fuego parking lot.

Really? Nice! I mean, would be cool to see another business there, but...extra Fuego parking.

EBrazosAg said:

TP area too high to make it work I suspect.

I can't imagine that University Drive East, right near the campus, right next to Embassy Suites is lower than Tower Point, which, let's face it, is little more than an H-E-B and a bunch of fast food places, nearly all of which have at least one other location in town.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is the food truck park going to be opening any time soon?
petey88
Scruffy said:

BrandoC said:

I haven't had the local one, but I will agree that Texas Burger (the ines I've eaten at) is great food.

haven't tried Wellborn, my buddy says it is very bland and dry. I've only eaten in Cameron when going to CS
AggiePhil
AG
LOL wow. I obviously need to proofread before posting!
Dennis Reynolds
deh40 said:

KidDoc said:

Jiffy Lube
Wow
FlyRod
Not sure this qualifies as a "coming or going," but saw where Ground Shuttle is now making trips to Austin Bergstrom Airport from BCS.
nought
AG
Dennis Reynolds said:

deh40 said:

KidDoc said:

Jiffy Lube
Wow
Ditto that reaction, if it is negative like I think it is. Tower Point could have been a showcase of what could be done in this town when surrounded by some of the wealthiest communities. Instead we have haphazard placement of drive-through banks, pizza places, fast food joints, nail salons, cell phone stores, and the like.

Century Square is doing it right, and even little ol' Caprock Crossing right across the street seems to be doing a better job of attracting quality, higher-end tenants.
DBSwooper
nought said:

Dennis Reynolds said:

deh40 said:

KidDoc said:

Jiffy Lube
Wow
Ditto that reaction, if it is negative like I think it is. Tower Point could have been a showcase of what could be done in this town when surrounded by some of the wealthiest communities. Instead we have haphazard placement of drive-through banks, pizza places, fast food joints, nail salons, cell phone stores, and the like.

Century Square is doing it right, and even little ol' Caprock Crossing right across the street seems to be doing a better job of attracting quality, higher-end tenants.

Some would argue that you get what the market supports.
Cyp0111
The market also gets what is easy for a developer. Fighting for some tenant use that is not easily sourced isnt their charge.
rocketscience
AG

Here is the progress on Wayside Food Park

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.