BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,544 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that Whataburger location is going to rake in $$$. (as mentioned already).

i think that whole area is prime for a new fast food row. Whataburger, Sonic, Taco Bell, and especially Chic Filet.

the Sonic and TB may not do as well as a Whataburger or Chic Filet, but they'd still do very very well imho.
Max06
AG
What's the source of this info?
toolshed
AG
I've heard the same. Source was this thread on page 24.
patrick.redmill
Today is Aggieland Fitness Dome's last day.
BlueMiles
AG
patrick.redmill said:

Today is Aggieland Fitness Dome's last day.

What's going to happen with storms now?
meezermom
What's going to happen to the Fitness Dome now? I hope it doesn't become an eyesore like just across the highway Silk Stocking has. I'd love to see it turned into something useful rather than sit vacant and rot away.
FlyRod
Perhaps it will reopen as the Silk Strip Dome?
patrick.redmill
meezermom said:

What's going to happen to the Fitness Dome now? I hope it doesn't become an eyesore like just across the highway Silk Stocking has. I'd love to see it turned into something useful rather than sit vacant and rot away.

My guess would be 1) nothing or 2) a megachurch. I've heard that the agreement with Gold's eliminated it ever being a gym again.

Shame. For a long time it was the best gym in town.
Max06
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Not sure if it has been discussed. Rockies is moving to the location where prospectors used to be. In July.

I also saw this, but still does not cite a reputable source.
AggiePhil
AG
patrick.redmill said:

meezermom said:

My guess would be 1) nothing or 2) a megachurch. I've heard that the agreement with Gold's eliminated it ever being a gym again.

What agreement with Gold's?
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

What's going to happen to the Fitness Dome now?
More than likely it will become another church and be taken off the tax rolls.
PS3D
patrick.redmill said:

meezermom said:

Megachurch for ants, maybe--it's smaller than even, say, Peace Lutheran Church, which is not large. How large do you think that building really is?

Looking at Google Earth, it looks like it would make more sense to demolish it and connect the parking lot with that road near the hotels/Marco's Pizza/office building at the southwest corner of Graham Road, and then build something like a fast food establishment on the remaining space.
BrandoC
AG
Just stupid of Golds to buy FD and do nothing with it. How ****ty of them to want to buy it and not sell to someone else if they do not want. I can promise you it being open will not effect Golds business and they know that. It has an empecible basketball gym that was just built a few years ago as well as large fitness rooms.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Just stupid of Golds to buy FD and do nothing with it. How ****ty of them to want to buy it and not sell to someone else if they do not want.
It's the HEB method.
UmustBKidding
Golds bought the business from Lumpee but not the real estate . He was a partner in the original local golds when corporate bought it. When the non compete expired he started the dome. This buyout agreement it is my understanding has a lifetime non compete. The dome portion is monolithic and pretty immune to storm damage (they survive tornado's well). There are lots that have been built for emergency operations centers and the like. So there are other ways to remove it from the tax roll's other than a church.

BrandoC
AG
Just an absolute waste of millions of dollars.
kraut
AG
BrandoC said:

Just an absolute waste of millions of dollars.
I doubt the former owner of the dome feels that way.
dave99ag
AG
Just watch, 20 years from now we'll be debating what to do with the dome just like Houston is with the Astrodome.
patrick.redmill
PS3D said:

patrick.redmill said:

meezermom said:

Megachurch for ants, maybe--it's smaller than even, say, Peace Lutheran Church, which is not large. How large do you think that building really is?

Looking at Google Earth, it looks like it would make more sense to demolish it and connect the parking lot with that road near the hotels/Marco's Pizza/office building at the southwest corner of Graham Road, and then build something like a fast food establishment on the remaining space.
I've been in a couple of the area's nondenominational churches, and the fitness dome rivals their space. The large, open main area, with balcony, would be a good fit for services. Few establishments, other than a gym or a church, could utilize the basketball court.

The main problem with using the space as a church is parking. I'd wager their parking lot has (w/ Christian Bros) has ... 100 spaces? Not enough, and not much in the way of street parking, either.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

Just stupid of Golds to buy FD and do nothing with it. How ****ty of them to want to buy it and not sell to someone else if they do not want.
It's the HEB method.

Hello Randall's on University......
australopithecus robustus
Except HEB doesn't own the property where Randall's/Albertson's was. They are in a lease that they are paying and it was part of a larger trade they did with Albertsons. Ali with A+ tutoring actually now owns the property and I'm sure he doesn't want any more tenants so he can have all of the parking.

That's business. More power to Gold's for crafting a deal that allowed them to proceed with their south cs location.
FlyRod
Earth Galley Farms is shutting down. Too bad...enjoyed buying their produce at the farmers' market.
BrandoC
AG
Most of the people who go to Fitness Dome are either the elderly or 30s/middle age crowd. Most of them joined FD to get away or not wanting to be part of the Golds gym muscletards environment. Most to none of them are going to transfer to Golds hence Golds made a deal that doesn't help them in anyway.
FlyRod
The environment at the Bryan Gold's is very age-diverse, and as far from "muscle tard" as you can get. Can't speak for the other one.
BrandoC
AG
Im speaking of what the new CS Golds will be. The marketing for Golds is for the bodybuilding types. That is why FD was a great gym for people who did not want to be apart of that. Now we have nothing.
Scruffy
AG
I like my work out:

12-20oz curls for the arms
Sit-ups to get out of bed
For my back I pull my wife in for kisses
Legs are walking up stairs to the toilet

Have your tried something like that? I don't even need a gym.
kraut
AG
BrandoC said:

Im speaking of what the new CS Golds will be. The marketing for Golds is for the bodybuilding types. That is why FD was a great gym for people who did not want to be apart of that. Now we have nothing.
Sounds like there is demand for an Average Joe's franchise!
FlyRod
Again, the Bryan Gold's is as far from a body building meat head type place as you can get.

But given past threads, I get that it's too far to far to drive to for folks in CS.
ChampsAg
Smokewagon BBQ open today next to Galleria Village on Briarcrest
motherrunnersBCS
Sorry to hear about Earth Gallery, their produce was beautiful.
Broncos
So, is Tower Point Golds open yet? I thought I was told June 1 but haven't been in town.
MiMi
S
Yes. TP Golds is now open. The parking lot was full when I drove by yesterday afternoon.
MsC2012
AG
As far as Rockie's, a manager comes in where I work, and they've already started working on the building. They hope to move July 1.
ChampsAg
Dickies was dark and empty last night
redd38
AG
Like my soul

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.