BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

685,275 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So when do they plan on tearing down the government housing on Luther or was that just a rumor? That place has been bad news for years.
Cyp0111
Porters Chop House is up on the Century Square Website
nought
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Porters Chop House is up on the Century Square Website
Yep, and they are doing reasonably well in their partial-funding offering over on Nextseed: https://www.nextseed.com/offerings/porters/ There are some nice pictures there of the concept, a sample menu, and a lot of comments.
MrsGDub04
AG
There is a sign up in the lot next to the SCS Lowe's that says " Tad's Steak and Seafood."
dave99ag
AG
Looks like they're in Tomball, Katy and Richmond. Sounds good to me.

http://www.tadsoftomball.com/
TheAlarmGuy
dave99ag said:

Looks like they're in Tomball, Katy and Richmond. Sounds good to me.

http://www.tadsoftomball.com/
flair of Cajun , hmmmmm
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
australopithecus robustus
Wow. Their website is pretty lame and their menu looks like it's from the mid eighties. I guess there's a market for this stuff.
FlyRod
Yes. In BCS.
australopithecus robustus
Clearly also in Katy and Tomball since that's where they've built their success
jja79
AG
I haven't eaten at Tad's but friends in Tomball recommend it highly.
eloc62
good cajun place needed here. hope it's good. I'm sure we'll hear all about it when it opens!
mAgnoliAg
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

Wow. Their website is pretty lame and their menu looks like it's from the mid eighties. I guess there's a market for this stuff.

I went there quite a few times and it is really good. The gator is tremendous

Edit: I never tried any of the other Cajun dishes because Cajun restaurants this far west always scare me, especially after I tried razoos.
texasaggie2015
AG
I saw a couple job listings posted by them hiring staff. Looks like it's getting close.
Wicked Good Ag
Tipsy Bean had grand opening today. Wife went by and checked it out. No wifi after 4pm according to sign so as a orevious poster mentioned not going after college student as customers
FlyRod
The opening was today? The Yelp King posted an FTR for it dated last night.

ANYWAY, lots of good things coming to BCS soon!

https://eatbcs.com/2017/04/01/27-new-restaurants-coming-to-bryan-college-station/
AggiePhil
AG
I believe the new Allen Honda grand opening is today.
BaitShack
AG
Why is the planet fitness / prospectors parking lot always full? I know some of it is because of 4.0 and go, but there aren't that many business in that center.
Look Out Below
AG
It's 4.0 and Go. Been that way for a long, long time whenever tests roll around.
carpe vinum
AG
Ground Shuttle is building a park and ride facility in Caprock.
Cyp0111
Park and ride to where?
KidDoc
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Park and ride to where?
I believe to the Houston airports.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wicked Good Ag
BaitShack said:

Why is the planet fitness / prospectors parking lot always full? I know some of it is because of 4.0 and go, but there aren't that many business in that center.

The coffee shop has done quite well. Add in the Korean and Asian fusion places as well as planet fitness the parking lot will be really crowded even on days 4.0 isn't doing any/a lot of classes
DBSwooper
Wicked Good Ag said:

BaitShack said:

The coffee shop has done quite well. Add in the Korean and Asian fusion places as well as planet fitness the parking lot will be really crowded even on days 4.0 isn't doing any/a lot of classes
And A+ Foot Massage, which is popular.

Don't forget Gun Corps and Prospectors...oh.
mgreen
And weight watchers.
AggiePhil
AG
carpe vinum said:

Won't catch me on one of those things ever again!
carpe vinum
AG
AggiePhil said:

carpe vinum said:

Won't catch me on one of those things ever again!
Interesting. What happened?
I've heard of a couple folks that ordered home pick up and they never showed.
We've considered using them, but usually just fly out of Easterwood.
That park n ride sounds pretty good.
patrick.redmill
BaitShack said:

Ohana, 555 Grill, and A+ Foot massage are all great businesses. I assume Planet Fitness brings in a lot of folks, too.

That shopping center has really turned it around, Prospectors be damned.
AggiePhil
AG
I'll refer you to their 1.5 star Yelp rating and associated reviews.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Tipsy Bean had grand opening today. Wife went by and checked it out. No wifi after 4pm according to sign so as a previous poster mentioned not going after college student as customers
Yep, because us old folks are confused and frightened by that world wide internets and still use flip phones. Seriously, that's just stupid.
Stewade
Staff
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Tipsy Bean had grand opening today. Wife went by and checked it out. No wifi after 4pm according to sign so as a previous poster mentioned not going after college student as customers
Yep, because us old folks are confused and frightened by that world wide internets and still use flip phones. Seriously, that's just stupid.
What? They probably just don't want it to be a study hall with laptops on every table when they transition to a wine bar in the evening.
CactusThomas
AG
That place will fail miserably
CharlieBrown17
AG
Stewade said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

What? They probably just don't want it to be a study hall with laptops on every table when they transition to a wine bar in the evening.
I do my best work tipsy dammit
PS3D
GiveEmHellBill said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Your phone doesn't have 4G?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Stewade said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

This will never work. This arrangement, I mean. Not necessarily the business.

Are they a coffee place during the day and wine bar at night? Meaning, no coffee on the menu after 4pm? If not, then they are going to be a coffee place SLASH wine bar....so there will be the usual evening coffee place patrons who order one coffee and a scone and take up a booth for four hours. You will never stop that practice unless you switch your business model in the evening to a strictly wine bar establishment.

You can't have it both ways, and "switching off the wifi" after 4pm will not eliminate the students and only irritate the wine drinkers.
Stewade
Staff
AG
Yeah, not sure if they stop serving coffee at a certain time or not, but if they want a wine bar atmosphere in the evening, it certainly won't work if there are students in every booth in front of a laptop. Not sure if that strategy will work well or just annoy people like you're assuming.

Why would the wine drinkers be annoyed, though? Seems like most of them would be there for happy hour or later in the evening with friends if they're drinking wine, and not needing wifi at the same time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.