BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

679,798 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
beer.morebeer.mostbeer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe already posted somewhere but I saw the Pappa Johns on 21 and Texas has re-opened. In with the HEB shopping center.
phatpat21
Marcos, though often crazy busy, has good pizza
Its our go to place
JM04
AG
The artist renderings and blueprints all say Porter Steakhouse not sure if that will be its final name. The interior and bar area will be head and shoulders above any other restaurant in town. It doesn't look like any chain Steakhouse I've been in, more like Steak 48 or B&B butcher in Houston.
Cyp0111
Thanks for the reply. What else is coming into Century Square ?
rrtodds
AG
Don't know what some of you people are talking about. We've been eating at Gringos for years ... mainly at the original one in Pearland ... but more recently stopping at the new one on 290 for dine in and carry out. Gringos is the best!

Chicken enchiladas with Amazon sauce ... southwest eggrolls with Amazon sauce ...anything with Amazon sauce. Fajitas. Tortilla soup. Grill fajita chicken salad. Great salsa ... and their own special creamy green salsa/sauce. Haven't had anything that's not good.

1st choice ... bring on Gringos! ... but if Jimmy Changa is related to Gringos ... bring it on, too.

Berryhill is my second favorite from Houston/The Woodlands Market ... chicken enchiladas with their creamy green sauce is a close second to Gringos. Berryhill's chips and salsas and garnish bar is the unique.

Chueys is my current local favorite but it's too loud.

Sam75
PS3D
What's the hotel being built next to the north Bryan Denny's and Chevron?
texasaggie04
AG
Sure hope urban air does some sort of adult night. Even if it's only once a month or something. That would be amazing.
Rexter
PS3D said:

What's the hotel being built next to the north Bryan Denny's and Chevron?

Uhhhh.....doncha know that would be a La Quinta?

That's what La Quinta means in English.....Denny's next door.
newsjunkie
Quote:

However they don't have it on their website, nor do they honor promotions from the other Gumby's. Therefore, we buy our pizza at Marcos.
They seem to have all the specials the other one has-they even have Tuesday roll night What sort of promotions does the other one offer?
FlyRod
Taco Crave in Bryan opens January 10th. Can't wait, menu looks awesome.

https://www.tacocrave.net/
ChampsAg
We ate there and it was not good.
Tailgate88
AG
ChampsAg said:

We ate there and it was not good.

Yup I decided to try them for a kid's birthday party a couple weeks back. It was some of the greasiest pizza ever and no thin crust option?
jja79
AG
For its size BCS has many locally owned, very good Tex Mex options. Gringo's (notice the name) isn't going to appeal to the clientele of those authentic places.
PS3D
jja79 said:

For its size BCS has many locally owned, very good Tex Mex options. Gringo's (notice the name) isn't going to appeal to the clientele of those authentic places.
You realize that Gringo's was able to grow in a metropolitan area more Hispanic than B-CS, right?
BCSWguru
what does being hispanic have to do with it?
jja79
AG
All I know is they won't be serving anything authentic.

Not everyone likes the same thing. On the Border survives, Berryhill's survives (though the Champions store in Houston failed), Chuy's survives and Gringo's will survive.

Anyone who patronizes Mi Pueblita, Jessie's or calls in their order to Maria's Tamale Factory isn't going any of those places.

Like I said not everyone likes the same thing and apparently they think there's a market for whatever it is they're serving.
95_Aggie
AG
Why are you so butthurt about this place?
techno-ag
AG
jja79 said:

All I know is they won't be serving anything authentic.

Not everyone likes the same thing. On the Border survives, Berryhill's survives (though the Champions store in Houston failed), Chuy's survives and Gringo's will survive.

Anyone who patronizes Mi Pueblita, Jessie's or calls in their order to Maria's Tamale Factory isn't going any of those places.

Like I said not everyone likes the same thing and apparently they think there's a market for whatever it is they're serving.
Taco Bell does just fine too.
Cyp0111
You would bring up taco bell.
momlaw
AG
Earlier this week Wall Street Journal front page story,
Americans Eat 554 Million Jack in the Box Tacos a Year, and No One Knows Why

Quote:

Mike Primavera believes when it comes to Jack in the Box tacos, there are two kinds of people: those who think they're disgusting and those who agree they're disgusting but are powerless to resist them.
FlyRod
El Pollo Tote in Bryan appears to have closed. Locked up, and for sale/lease sign in front.
The Anchor
AG
jja79 said:

Anyone who patronizes Mi Pueblita, Jessie's or calls in their order to Maria's Tamale Factory isn't going any of those places..

Incorrect. I patronize those places and I enjoy Chuys, OTB, and pretty much any other "Mexican" food places, including Taco Bell.
jja79
AG
Having an opinion isn't butt hurt. I said I'm sure they'll do well.
eloc62
FlyRod said:

Taco Crave in Bryan opens January 10th. Can't wait, menu looks awesome.

https://www.tacocrave.net/
can't wait to try it. can't get enough of good taco places. if you don't want to drive to Bryan, hit up Taco Bar in CS for good, authentic food. owner is there everyday cooking the food. really great dude, very friendly. has become my go to taco place in CS.
FlyRod
Yep it's nice to see an authentic Mexican place finally come to downtown Bryan.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I'm with you; why was this ever anything to excited about. Their food is horrible.

Bobaloo
Great post about Jack tacos. I've had probably 1k over the years. They are cheaper now than 30 years ago!
LOYAL AG
AG
Quote:

Bourbon & BBQ will be opening in Downtown Bryan over next to the Queen
This place will be called All the Kings Men.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Having an opinion isn't butt hurt. I said I'm sure they'll do well.
But you post about this place A LOT
AggiePhil
AG
Panda Express rumored to be coming to Tower Point.
phatpat21
Nice
sawemoff94
AG
AggiePhil said:

That would be a very smart business decision, especially with a drive thru!
NellCote71
AggiePhil said:

Ugh. I guess we still can't have nice things.
PS3D
NellCote71 said:

AggiePhil said:

Ugh. I guess we still can't have nice things.
Sometimes I wonder about these types of posters, whether they're being sarcastic or just love to complain, because every time some thread comes up about what you'd really like to see, you'll see unrealistic requests like Whole Foods, Top Golf, and Texas de Brazil.
RNAggie
AG
I haven't seen it discussed yet but what are they building between 6 and University Dr overpass?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.