BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,791 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
wendyb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where is an updated plan of tower point? Where is the Starbucks going?
wendyb
Never mind
Corner of Arrington n William d fitch.
With drive thru
2200 square foot
BQ_90
AG
Was at RP Kroger tonight, Jack in the Box is closed
GiveEmHellBill
AG
CS Mayor says In-N-Out Burger "already looking to be in College Station"

Until the sign goes up and lot cleared, I'm withholding my enthusiasm.

If it does happen, this will be me:

duffelpud
AG
Well if Mayor Moonbeam suggests it might be happening then you can take it to the bank.

Cyp0111
In-N-Out burger just isnt all that good. Average product and a few tiers below Grub and/or Hopdoddy.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Cyp0111 said:

In-N-Out burger just isnt all that good. Average product and a few tiers below Grub and/or Hopdoddy.
I now live in the DFW area. Heard a lot about them previously so I gave them a try,

They're OK but not up to the hype. They are certainly no Whataburger.

Since half of California is moving here ie Toyota and lower taxes they will sell some burgers but in a market the size of College Station they would face some battles.

FlyRod
Have many burger places gone out of business in BCS? It seems as far back as I can recall, when one opens, chain or not, it stays.
nought
AG
FlyRod said:

Have many burger places gone out of business in BCS? It seems as far back as I can recall, when one opens, chain or not, it stays.
Charlie Mac's burger place in the mall didn't make it.

In-n-out would make a killing here though, despite the fact Whataburger is indeed better.
Stewade
Staff
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Grub and Hopdoddy aren't really their main competition. Whataburger, McDonalds, etc. are.

And I respectfully disagree about it being an average product, especially compared to their real competition. In-n-out will do really well here.
BrandoC
AG
Yea its trash compared to Texas style burgers.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
In-N-Out will kill it here.

The one in San Antonio near my parent's house regularly has a dozen cars in the drive-thru. And sorry, I don't succumb to the stupid "if you're from Texas, you have to love Whataburger" crap. If In-N-Out came here, I doubt I'd eat at Whataburger again. They're good, but this blind worship of their mediocre burgers has got to stop.
CDub06
AG
All of the big chains are trash. Yes, that includes Whataburger and In-N-Out. It's like we're arguing chicken fingers over here.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Charlie Mac's burger place in Westgate didn't make it either. His burger place in Village Foods made it until it was sold / taken over / or whatever happened there.
techno-ag
AG
CDub06 said:

All of the big chains are trash. Yes, that includes Whataburger and In-N-Out. It's like we're arguing chicken fingers over here.
Everything is trash unless you pay a lot for it, amiright? How will others know you have refined tastes if you enjoy inexpensive meals? (shudder)

/resident food snobs
95_Aggie
AG
The best burgers are the ones made at home.
PS3D
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

Charlie Mac's burger place in Westgate didn't make it either. His burger place in Village Foods made it until it was sold / taken over / or whatever happened there.
Westgate is a bad location. Maybe the new residential construction will reverse that but Westgate has a high rate of failure (revolving bars and restaurants in end location, most recently Swamp Tails, Burger Boy, and a number of others).
Olsen
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

CS Mayor says In-N-Out Burger "already looking to be in College Station"
Rex Racer
AG
AGnCS said:

The best burgers are the ones made at home.
Or at Top of the Hill. Tough to beat that one.
m3prsive
I heard In-N-Out has a pad site under contract at the old Chimney Hill spot on university.
Rexter
I've heard 2 things recently....

Dollar General bought land just north of RV Country (or whatever it is) halfway to Hearne

CHI is possibly selling St Joseph back the the previous owners.
techno-ag
AG
Rexter said:

I've heard 2 things recently....

Dollar General bought land just north of RV Country (or whatever it is) halfway to Hearne

CHI is possibly selling St Joseph back the the previous owners.
It's RV Source.

Interesting rumor about Chi St. Joseph
MiMi
S
Urban Bricks Pizza Co opens on Monday.
texasaggie04
AG
Not sure if it has been discussed. Rockies is moving to the location where prospectors used to be. In July.
Anonymous Source
S

Both of which were more a symptom of Charlie Mac rather than his product
Gig 'Em
Scruffy
AG
I disagree.
Westgate is out of the way and doesn't see the traffic other shopping centers do.

Maybe with the gentrification of northgate it will see increased patronage, but for now (and the past) it is out of the line of sight.
Similar to the general store in (I forget the town between franklin and easterly) that has the best burgers I have ever had.
biobioprof
CollegeStationAgFan said:

Both of which were more a symptom of Charlie Mac rather than his product
My impression was that he was doing fine in Westgate despite the location, and that success at the Westgate location is what allowed him to get in too deep and spread too thin by buying Square One.

I didn't go to the Village Foods location that often but I would be very surprised if it was doing as much business as the Westgate site.
EBrazosAg
AG
The "former owners " of St Joseph are the Sisters of St Francis of Sylvania OH, who are now the 13th congregation in CHI. So it would be really unusual to "sell" it back to someone who is a current owner. Would likely require some sort of special Vatican action. That's not going to happen. There may be dissatisfaction and difficulties with becoming part of a larger system, but the clock is not turning back.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rexter
EBrazosAg said:

The "former owners " of St Joseph are the Sisters of St Francis of Sylvania OH, who are now the 13th congregation in CHI. So it would be really unusual to "sell" it back to someone who is a current owner. Would likely require some sort of special Vatican action. That's not going to happen. There may be dissatisfaction and difficulties with becoming part of a larger system, but the clock is not turning back.

Beats me....just passing along some info from a "somewhat of an insider".

That said...your post sure reads like a deep insider that is trying to head off everything at the pass before it gets loose.
Prescient
In-N-Out Burger is THE most tasteless burger I've ever eaten. And I had it in California! I'd take Whataburger every day of the week and twice on Sunday. My entire family felt the same way. Now if Shake Shack would come........
Oogway
5 guys.... I like their burgers.
Cyp0111
Orangetheory
Piada Italian Street Food
Sugar/Candy Store out of Waco
Merge
Subzero-Nitrogen Ice Cream

All added to Century Square website.
nought
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Orangetheory
Piada Italian Street Food
Sugar/Candy Store out of Waco
Merge
Subzero-Nitrogen Ice Cream

All added to Century Square website.
Good grief -- how big is Century Square actually going to be? There's going to have to be a ton of traffic there to support all the various eateries, shops, etc.
biobioprof
BrandoC said:

Yea its trash compared to Texas style burgers.
Texas has a style of burger?
EBrazosAg
AG
Yeah, I know a lot, but am not a deep insider. Could really care less..... I'm pretty sure there are news releases from CHI about the merger that cover 90% of what I said.

But keep telling yourself that when you get real news instead of fake news...

Or just keep the blinds shut from the "black copters" and wear your aluminum foil helmet. Matters not.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.