BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,493 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Cyp0111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes. For a quick lunch. Food was excellent as way the setup. Unlike any other place in the region. Price point was $1-3 higher on most items but food quality was excellent.
ukbb2003
Supposedly, there are talks of a Kroger on the corner of Arrington and Greens Prairie.
halibut sinclair
mleroyl said:

Anyone been into the restaurant Canteen in the Calvary Court development?
*Cavalry
lockett93
AG
Wife and I had dinner last Thursday. I thought it was a nice atmosphere. We sat outside by the pool and fire. Everything we tried was excellent.

mAgnoliAg
AG
Woah damn that place looks good we will try it this week.
halibut sinclair
Wayback burgers is opening up a second location - in Bryan, by Target.
Dennis Reynolds
ukbb2003 said:

Supposedly, there are talks of a Kroger on the corner of Arrington and Greens Prairie.
Great. More traffic at that intersection.
Jetty
AG
Went to Cavalry a few weeks ago. Got 1 draft beer and 1 well vodka and tonic. Bill was $16.50 plus tip.

Place is decorated fantastic and folks are friendly. Really neat place but we'll happy hour else where.
ukbb2003
Dennis Reynolds said:

ukbb2003 said:

Great. More traffic at that intersection.

Yep, Greens Prarie is supposed to be widened this year or early part of next year. Aldridge's brilliant plan was to put a roundabout at that intersection. It was going to happen until somebody nixed it.
FlyRod
Quote:

Went to Cavalry a few weeks ago. Got 1 draft beer and 1 well vodka and tonic. Bill was $16.50 plus tip.

Whoa. That is kinda expensive for this town!
jja79
AG
That's what I think too, but every time someone brings up a Brazilian steakhouse people swear it will work even though it's $60/person if everyone has a drink.

Looks like a club sandwich is $12 at the Canteen. No thanks.
phatpat21
Greens Prarie and Arrington needs a Light ASAP
Ive almost seen several accidents and it's getting worse
KidDoc
AG
jja79 said:

That's what I think too, but every time someone brings up a Brazilian steakhouse people swear it will work even though it's $60/person if everyone has a drink.

Looks like a club sandwich is $12 at the Canteen. No thanks.
We went last night and I liked it a'right and will go again to try more options. The portions are HUGE. That Club sandwich + their homemade chips lasted my 17 year old son 2.5 meals.

I finished the burger but just barely. It was a pretty good burger a bit on the greasy side and I prefer Grubb still but still enjoyed it. My wife got the pork sliders which she liked but she did slice out some of the layers of fat in the pork.

Overall it was good but yeah pricey. Ended up at $65 with tip which included 1 pint of beer and 1 sprite.

The setup is really nice and I'll likely come by in the spring to eat out on the porch. It was cold & raining last night and the fireplace was a good touch. Next time I want to try the venison chili I think. If you are getting an entree they can easily be shared they are so large. Maybe get 1 entree and 1 appetizer to split between two people.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
Somehow a left over club sandwich doesn't sound good. I don't mind paying high prices for what I want, but a premium priced club sandwich isn't something I'd order.

Is Moe's Irish Pub still going in Century Square?
Cyp0111
Yes-Moes is still going in.

I had the club sandwich at Canteen. I would definitely recommend splitting it. I also had the chili on a separate occasion when passing through college station and it was excellent.

I would say they are 10-15% high relative to food cost. However, the price point for the entire center is going to be elevated compared to the rest of the town. The neighboring hotel [The George] is going to be even nicer/more expensive...
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Where exactly? 3 corners are already occupied. I don't see any other grocery store competing within spitting distance of HEB.
jja79
AG
Moe's will kill it over there.
UmustBKidding
I heard not on corner but down greens prairie basically across from forest ridge
ukbb2003
AGnCS said:

Quote:

Where exactly? 3 corners are already occupied. I don't see any other grocery store competing within spitting distance of HEB.

They will be tearing down the houses on the left across from Rattlers.
PS3D
In addition to cannibalizing the Kroger at Rock Prairie Road, that's a pretty bad spot for a Kroger, as it wouldn't be very visible or accessible from Highway 6 or Highway 40, something the H-E-B, the Rock Prairie Kroger, and most new Krogers have. Not that ALL Kroger stores need highway access, but I don't think the traffic count at Greens Prairie there has enough to justify a (presumably huge) supermarket.

Besides, with the SW Parkway Kroger closing instead of the 2818 Kroger opening, my money isn't on Kroger's expansion in the Brazos Valley.
eloc62
jja79 said:

Moe's will kill it over there.
Cant wait for Moe's to open and try their fish n chips. hope it's authentic and they have some good malt vinegar!
jja79
AG
Never had it in England so I can't vouch for its authenticity, but it's good.
armymom
I would like to see a Kroger at Wellborn and 2818! It would serve the student population in that growing area well!
kyledr04
AG
armymom said:

I would like to see a Kroger at Wellborn and 2818! It would serve the student population in that growing area well!

I think Heb is going there beside Koppe Bridge
TXAG 05
AG
armymom said:

Why settle for Kroger when HEBs exist?
eloc62
Cstrickland05 said:

armymom said:

Why settle for Kroger when HEBs exist?
HEB does sound like they are taking this town over, and I'm OK with that since I shop at HEB, but i am wondering how much the Wal-Mart grocery in CS has cut into the profits of the 2, now 1, Kroger stores basically located within a 1/2 mile of Wal-Mart. do you shop there for your groceries?
FlyRod
The only one I've heard complain about HEB is the Yelp King, for "destroying" the Kroger on University, and for "failing" to bring a high end Central Market to town.

Other than that I've heard nothing but love for the store(s).
D_Wag97
AG
Who would change the zoning from residential to commercial on that corner? I guess they don't live in the area or have to use that intersection. Greens Prairie, even when improved, will be a nightware due to poor planning. What a cluster****...
armymom
I prefer Kroger over HEB for their rewards! I usually have enough to get an extra 25 cents off per gallon of gas along with any accrued points!. I do like their Kroger brand products and since I'm a senior citizen I get 10% of their products. I almost always purchase my meat selections in the manager's markdown special and Nolan Ryan products are my favorite. I'm familiar with most of the employees as they have been there a long time. I don't like a young HEB cashier making idle conversation wanting to know what I will be doing the rest of the day. I know they are trying to be friendly but really feel they are insincere in their questioning. I also disliked HEB as it was always crowded but with the Texas Ave. Kroger now closed I'm beginning to have that same feeling with Kroger on Longmire. I've never understood what is so special with HEB...I'll continue to be a loyal Kroger customer until they close!
mAgnoliAg
AG
Max06 said:

I think it depends a lot on what you buy. I find HEB to be the cheapest, but I buy almost exclusively fresh produce, fresh meats, dairy, and VERY little processed/dry goods. I'm also a single person so I rarely if ever spend enough to get the fuel rewards from Kroger.

Kroger & Walmart both carry my favorite brand of corn tortillas, and HEB does not. Oh well. It's not like I need to consume a lot of those anyway.

Yeah I'm just saying on average of everything
Clo004
I have never been impressed with the meat quantity at HEB. I always seem to find better meat at Kroger. I do use their fuel rewards all the time from Kroger. Someone said it but the idle conversation about what I'm buying or cooking when I go to HEB is a tad bit annoying. Maybe it is what I buy but I seem to spend less when at Kroger than HEB.
Cyp0111
Generally wt like kroger/wal-mart. Inferior produce, meats/fish and deli. Processed foods can be cheaper than HEB which plays into lower economic levels.
95_Aggie
AG
The only issue I have with Tower Point HEB is that it is getting Wal-Mart level crowded. Maybe a new HEB at 2154/2818 would take some pressure off.
KidDoc
AG
I much prefer Longmire Kroger over Tower Point HEB largely due to the business and crowding at the HEB. I do like the Kroger meats better as well. The primary thing I have to go to HEB for is to get wing sauce options.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
ALL the HEBs are getting horribly crowded, I've noticed. I think we could easily sustain at least two more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.