BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

685,221 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CJHajda said:

There's some activity going on in the old Potato Shack on Northgate. Anyone have any info?
Potato Shack at 311 Church Avenue closed? When was this?

I see that they closed due to roaches last April, but it was supposed to be temporary.
rocketscience
AG
They never reopened.
eloc62
Noticed today as i was driving on Fitch Pkwy at the Caprock place there was a sign up for a Wayback Burgers there. I think that makes 3 in B/CS. Are they doing that good here? Will they challenge Mooyah in south CS? not worried about Whataburger, 'cause everybody in Texas loves Whataburger.
carpe vinum
AG
I'm surprised mooyah stays open as it is.
DisneyFan5
BryanPooch said:

Does anyone know if the Aggieland VIP Card program is still operational? It provides discounts to lcal restaurants and services.

I paid for my new card about seven weeks ago, but it has not arrived. Emails haven't been answered and I tried calling today to no avail.

It's been a great service for several years. But has it gone kaput?

I think it has gone kaput.

My son's Boy Scout Troop sold them last year. We tried this summer to contact the guy to see about selling them this year and we never heard back from him. Sorry to see it go as it was a great fund raiser.
bcstx06
eloc62 said:

Noticed today as i was driving on Fitch Pkwy at the Caprock place there was a sign up for a Wayback Burgers there. I think that makes 3 in B/CS. Are they doing that good here? Will they challenge Mooyah in south CS? not worried about Whataburger, 'cause everybody in Texas loves Whataburger.
Wayback has much better prices then Mooyah. The 2 locations that are here already seem to be doing pretty well. I like Wayback, I like also Mooyah, but its too expensive.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Mooyah seems to do decent business at lunch during the week, which is surprising considering it's competition. Whataburger and Chick-fil-A do insane lunch business right next door.

I do think Wayback will kill them though. Both are very similar (and good), but Wayback is slightly cheaper.
MiMi
S
I noticed Honolulu Poke House is now open in the Kohl's shopping center.

Honolulu Poke House
KidDoc
AG
MiMi said:

I noticed Honolulu Poke House is now open in the Kohl's shopping center.

Honolulu Poke House
Thanks for the update that looks pretty interesting!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
Menu looks great. Glad to have a new healthy option in town.
AgsWin2011
AG
carpe vinum said:

I'm surprised mooyah stays open as it is.

Mooyah is awesome. Just a bad location being connected to the Exxon in my opinion. I think if it were somewhere like where Taco Bell or Bahama Bucks was, it would get a lot more business.
Oddity
I agree, Mooyahs have really good burgers. However, they are a tad bit expensive. But, despite their price, definitely in my top 3 burgers joints in town.
KidDoc
AG
Oddity said:

I agree, Mooyahs have really good burgers. However, they are a tad bit expensive. But, despite their price, definitely in my top 3 burgers joints in town.
Wow top 3. What are your top 2? (sorry not trying to derail the thread!)

Among fast foods I would toss Mooyah at a solid #3 behind Whataburger & Wayback. Among real burger joints I would rate it way behind our many excellent burger joints in no particular order: Grub, Chicken Oil, Proudest Monkey, Quarry, Blackwater Draw, Harvey Washbangers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChampsAg
Derailed. Lol

How do you not put Top of the Hill in top burgers??
MAN-SZD
AG
I looked through a couple pages and didn't see any info (may have missed)... Anyone know if Poppy in The George is open? Menu? Pricing? etc.
Rex Racer
AG
ChampsAg said:

Derailed. Lol

Agreed!
KidDoc
AG
ChampsAg said:

Derailed. Lol

Just because I haven't made it out there yet.
Captn_Ag05
AG
BleedingMaroon03 said:

I looked through a couple pages and didn't see any info (may have missed)... Anyone know if Poppy in The George is open? Menu? Pricing? etc.
A few weeks back, I actually talked to the guy that is in charge of dining for The George, Calvary Court, The Canteen, and Poppy. I believe the goal was to be open mid-November. The menu for Poppy at that time was going to be a lot of small plates, "farm to table", and a focus on seafood dishes. The restaurant was going to incorporate socks as a theme throughout as a nod to President George HW Bush's love of socks.
halibut sinclair
*Cavalry
AggiePhil
AG
Tried Honolulu Poke House today and thought it was great!
PS3D
BleedingMaroon03 said:

The restaurant was going to incorporate socks as a theme throughout as a nod to President George HW Bush's love of socks.

Former President George H.W. Bush a prolific TexAgs poster? Who knew?
ChampsAg
You must remedy that immediately. And get the habanero sauce ON the burger
KidDoc
AG
AggiePhil said:

Is it poke or poke-ee I have no idea how to pronounce that.
FlyRod
Rhymes with "ok."
KidDoc
AG
FlyRod said:

Rhymes with "ok."
So it is poe-kay? Like Pokemon?
FlyRod
Yep.
jac4
AG
Dirt work going on at Holleman and Rock Prairie S. Anyone know what's going in there?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Is that the location of the new school?
PS3D
A new school but also a new subdivision.
texasaggie04
AG
Anybody know what's happening at 2818 and Beck? It looks like a car mechanic or something odd. Seems to have multiple garage doors.
JayHowdy!
AggiePhil said:

I tried it as well. Very good, and healthier option for lunch.
MiMi
S
Looks like Hooters is getting closer to building in Bryan

Hooters building
Counterpoint
AG
JayHowdy! said:

AggiePhil said:

I tried it as well. Very good, and healthier option for lunch.
Extremely good! I recommend telling them to put less sauce on the rice if you get the classic sauce though!
texasaggie04
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Anybody know what's happening at 2818 and Beck? It looks like a car mechanic or something odd. Seems to have multiple garage doors.

Answering my own question. It's a warehouse for Prostar, which seems to make janitorial stuff.
Captn_Ag05
AG
King Ranch appeared to have a soft opening today. I know it's at Century Square, but from the outside, it's a great looking shop and I'll be checking it out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.