BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,491 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wow, that's disappointing that it's just an observation deck. I was hoping it would be something cool like a rock wall or something.
rocketscience
AG
Not retail, restaurant, or business but St. Mary's Catholic Center is building a new church and possibly a student housing development on its campus in Northgate.

https://community.aggiecatholic.org/campaign

bonfiresmoke
I heard Cavalier Cigar Company is going to open between Taco Casa and Carps. I can't wait.
FlyRod
Saw a recent FTR on Yelp (not by you-know-who) for a new BBQ truck in Bryan...Norm's Smokewagon? I believe they are parked at the Galeria Center. Curious if anyone has tried them...
armymom
I guess we are suppose to know where Galeria Center is?
halibut sinclair
armymom said:

The Galleria Village is on Briarcrest in Bryan across from The Eagle. The main buidling houses the HQ of The Bank & Trust. Now you know.

FlyRod
Thanks for the correction. Here is the actual review.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/norms-smokewagon-pit-bbq-bryan
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

The University/Pres. Young realize how important it is to develop some version of a cohesive community.
I have no beef with Young but this was in motion long before his arrival.
InMyOpinion
armymom said:

Must be from south college station
Scotch
AG
Also it's supposed to.
CDub06
AG
FlyRod said:

Thanks for the correction. Here is the actual review.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/norms-smokewagon-pit-bbq-bryan
"The meats are clearly cooked low and slow because they fell apart with a spoon."

That's...not a good thing...
Oogway
That observation tower reminds me of the experiment in high school where you drop the egg....
It looks like it belongs on an obstacle course or adjacent to Blocker, guess I have no design aesthetic....
The Original AG 76
AG
Oogway said:

That observation tower reminds me of the experiment in high school where you drop the egg....
It looks like it belongs on an obstacle course or adjacent to Blocker, guess I have no design aesthetic....
looks like an old East Texas fire tower. Must be there to look at the scenic overlook to view the lazy river going up to Kyle Field.
Oogway
What's the spread on how long before a strategic water ballon is launched?
redd38
AG
Alls I know is that one day I'm going to pee off the top of that thing.
Fleen
What is going in to the place next to the current location of wayback burger?
Rex Racer
AG
Fleen said:

What is going in to the place next to the current location of wayback burger?

V Star

It's a Chinese buffet that has a few locations in Houston. My wife and I have been to the one at 45 and Woodridge many times. We love it.
rc_cat
Probably old news, but the Radio Shack across from HEB on Briarcrest has "store closing" signs in the windows.
halibut sinclair
rc_cat said:

Probably old news, but the Radio Shack across from HEB on Briarcrest has "store closing" signs in the windows.

Villa Maria
rc_cat
halibut sinclair said:

rc_cat said:

Villa Maria
Sorry - can't keep those two straight. I even looked a map and still got it wrong!
bcstx06
I don't know if its a rumor or not, but I hear that Trader Joe's Was looking into the Lake Walk Development in Bryan sometime in the not too distant future.

We have also heard that HEB was looking into West Villa Maria and HWY 47 (now known as Riverside Parkway) but nothing yet on that. Has to be a future plan for when the housing developments start to come in.
GSS
bcstx06 said:

I don't know if its a rumor or not, but I hear that Trader Joe's Was looking into the Lake Walk Development in Bryan sometime in the not too distant future.

We have also heard that HEB was looking into West Villa Maria and HWY 47 (now known as Riverside Parkway) but nothing yet on that. Has to be a future plan for when the housing developments start to come in.
When I first saw the "Riverside Parkway" signs, I had a good laugh. Sharp will have the Bryan Council change it to "RELLIS Parkway"

IMO, any HEB that far out is a decade away. Not nearly enough rooftops, or traffic count. Previous rumor had it Hwy 47 and Leonard Rd/FM1688.....
CDub06
AG
BryanPooch said:

Houston, for example, has only a fraction of the legitimate theaters and that other similar sized cities do because it takes time to establish and growth cultural roots deeper than the chains offer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Theater_District

"The district, with 12,948 seats for live performances and 1,580 movie seats, ranks second in the United States for the number of theater seats in a concentrated downtown area, and is one of only five cities with permanent professional resident companies in all of the major performing arts disciplines: the Houston Grand Opera, the Houston Symphony Orchestra, the Houston Ballet, and The Alley Theatre."
PS3D
New development list shows that Brazilian steakhouse, "Casa Do Brazil Steakhouse" at Greens Prairie Road across from Wright Dentistry.
95_Aggie
AG
I hope CoCS is moving quickly on a traffic mgmt plan for Arrington Rd/Greens Prairie.
Tailgate88
AG
I think this has been mentioned on here previously, but there is now a "Coming Soon: Tad's Steaks & Seafood" sign up in the grassy area south of Lowes (on Greens Prairie). Logo matches the one on this site:

http://www.tadsofkaty.com/

and there is also

http://www.tadsofrichmond.com

Reviews are mixed but it looks like a new niceish sit down place is coming to South CS. They have steaks, seafood & cajun/creole.
The Brazos Kid
Sounds like a good place to grab a bowl of gumbo!
eloc62
and 5 minutes from my house. if it is good, I'll be a regular. if not, I'll continue to go to Fish Daddy's for my local seafood.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
PS3D said:

New development list shows that Brazilian steakhouse, "Casa Do Brazil Steakhouse" at Greens Prairie Road across from Wright Dentistry.
are we talking a Fogo de Chao type establishment? that would be epic. i know we've discussed on the boards before whether this area can support that type $60-70/head type place.
FlyRod
Prices seem to be $40-$50 per entree...so yeah, that aint cheap at all, and the question of whether we can support such a place is a good one.
CDub06
AG
No way BCS can support that place. I guarantee you no one around here is walking around with Euros in their pockets.
FlyRod
Why would customers need to pay in Euros?
CDub06
AG
Say what you will about your magical "exchange rates". I'm certain the Hebrew menus are going to trip most of the BCS population up as well. It's never going to work.
Scruffy
AG
I have some (edited for a second time since forum code won't take the symble for pound sterling) British Pounds laying around. Will they accept those?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
maybe it'll be one of those spots only open for dinner.

i'm guessing if its:

-only open for dinner
-keeps its price point at no more than $45/head (w out alcohol)
-doesn't have a space that's too big (limits overhead)
-and is good

it can do well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.