BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,546 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas has a style of everything. And it's always better! And bigger! That's why my Ford F-150 Texas Edition is the best vehicle ever made! Yeehaw!
runnrboy
AG
And yet, another apartment complex - The Eagle
FlyRod
Quote:

Quote:

CDub06 said:
All of the big chains are trash. Yes, that includes Whataburger and In-N-Out. It's like we're arguing chicken fingers over here.
Everything is trash unless you pay a lot for it, amiright? How will others know you have refined tastes if you enjoy inexpensive meals? (shudder)

/resident food snobs

I don't see where prices were mentioned...
redd38
AG
runnrboy said:

I'm unclear about where that's going to go... are they squeezing that between the Field of Honor and 2818? Or is it going to be between Field of Honor and Turkey Creek?
FlyRod
Anonymous Source
S
redd38 said:

runnrboy said:

I'm unclear about where that's going to go... are they squeezing that between the Field of Honor and 2818? Or is it going to be between Field of Honor and Turkey Creek?
I'm unclear why we need another apartment complex
Gig 'Em
GiveEmHellBill
AG
biobioprof said:

BrandoC said:

Yea its trash compared to Texas style burgers.
Texas has a style of burger?
I remember Burger King back in the 90's had a "Texas Whopper."

It had mustard on it.
halibut sinclair
McDonald's had a Texas Homestyle Burger years ago.
runnrboy
AG
redd38 said:

runnrboy said:

That's a good question. I'm guessing it will go here https://goo.gl/maps/t5wbq7ndDE72
The issue in this area is the protection zone for easterwood runway 16-34.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Agree that In N Out is overrated. Its not terrible or anything, but its certainly not the best as far as fast food goes.

I do think it'll do well here though.

I can see myself hitting that spot maybe 5-6 times per year only (and I love burgers).
BrandoC
AG
Whataburger.
Rexter
EBrazosAg said:

Yeah, I know a lot, but am not a deep insider. Could really care less..... I'm pretty sure there are news releases from CHI about the merger that cover 90% of what I said.

But keep telling yourself that when you get real news instead of fake news...

Or just keep the blinds shut from the "black copters" and wear your aluminum foil helmet. Matters not.

Bless your heart, precious.
DisneyFan5
We tried Urban Brick Pizza today. It was pretty good. Basically it's build your own pizza for one price....of $8.49 for an 11 inch pizza. Lots of toppings to choose from.

It is very similar to Mod Pizza, but Mod has a thinner crust.
Expert Analysis
AG
Sounds like blaze pizza, which will be in century square.
FlyRod
Looking forward to trying them. That's a good price.

Limiting the pizza to that size might hurt them with a lot of customers in this area.
deh40
AG
Anyone know what's going on at the old Cajun (along with many others) place on Wellborn? There have been construction guys there for over a week.
brhuggs
A Texas Burger is coming
eloc62
Expert Analysis said:

Looking forward to trying this place. Have heard good things about it, but never been there. I know Lebron James got in early as an investor and sometimes shows up at a random restaurants from time to time, but i still wonder whether people in this town will drive there enough to support it, or just be lazy and order Pizza Hut from their couch?
cajunken
deh40 said:

Anyone know what's going on at the old Cajun (along with many others) place on Wellborn? There have been construction guys there for over a week.
Which Cajun place is having work done? The one on South Wellborn by the Wellborn Post Office or the one on North Wellborn in the strip mall?
K2T2
eloc62 said:

Expert Analysis said:

Looking forward to trying this place. Have heard good things about it, but never been there. I know Lebron James got in early as an investor and sometimes shows up at a random restaurants from time to time, but i still wonder whether people in this town will drive there enough to support it, or just be lazy and order Pizza Hut from their couch?
They have dairy free cheese as an option, so it will probably be a go-to for lots of lactose/dairy intolerant people instead of the old no cheese please. Plus they deliver.
ChampsAg
The old location of Junek's BBQ and Cajuns Bayou Grill next to the old Junek's grocery
BrandoC
AG
Holy crap I hope so. Since we all are on the burger topic, Texas Burger beats Whataburger out as best burger in Texas in the fast food variety.
Expert Analysis
AG
Blaze Pizza doesn't deliver, Urban Bricks does.
K2T2
Expert Analysis said:

Blaze Pizza doesn't deliver, Urban Bricks does.
Oops, I guess there was a shift in talking about Urban Bricks to Blaze if you take it out of context.
AgsWin2011
AG
I love In N Out and Whataburger. Someone mentioned 5 Guys. Mooyah is way better in my opinion. I hope they last being attached to that gas station.
Scruffy
AG
I was going to try mooya last summer, but the prices were too high for me.
DigDogDoo
Scruffy said:

I was going to try mooya last summer, but the prices were too high for me.
How high are they? You could save me a 25 minute trip.
KidDoc
AG
I work right by Mooya and tried them once so far. Decent burger but over $10 For the meal. There are many places better for that price range for lunch imo.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
eloc62
has anyone heard about a new bbq place called Norm's smoke wagon pit bbq? seems to be a bbq trailer with smoker that has set up somewhere here in town.
halibut sinclair
eloc62 said:

has anyone heard about a new bbq place called Norm's smoke wagon pit bbq? seems to be a bbq trailer with smoker that has set up somewhere here in town.
Galleria Village parking lot on Briarcrest.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Mooyah has a decent burger too. But def a bit over priced.

Their fries are great when fresh also.
nought
AG
Mooyah has some of the best fries and burgers in town and has great options for the burger.

Here's one of my favorites:

Burger on white bun, blue cheese, lettuce, fried onion strings, spicy ranch dressing.

Their hotdogs are excellent as well -- served cut in half lengthwise on a very tasty bun. Their chili cheese dog with fried onion strings on top is the best I've had.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
nought said:

Mooyah has some of the best fries and burgers in town and has great options for the burger.

Burger on white bun, blue cheese, lettuce, fried onion strings, spicy ranch dressing.

Their hotdogs are excellent as well -- served cut in half lengthwise on a very tasty bun. Their chili cheese dog with fried onion strings on top is the best I've had.
ok, now i know where i'm eating lunch. been craving a good hot dog/chili dog for a couple of weeks now.
KidDoc
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

nought said:

ok, now i know where i'm eating lunch. been craving a good hot dog/chili dog for a couple of weeks now.
I have a lunch & learn lecture with med students at lunch maybe I can sneak over there and grab a dog before that. Thanks for the tip!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgsWin2011
AG
I agree Mooyah is overpriced, but it's about the same pricing as 5 guys. I love dipping their fries in the Mooyah sauce.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.