BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,722 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ribbon cutting is odd, they had a big sale last march because they changed/were changing management.

A lot more real gear now and less apparel/look at me I'm outdoorsy stuff

Also the only place around with quality kayaks, they stock wildness systems and Jackson
BryanPooch
Cenare and the Mr. G's Pizza on University have been sold by the Cerrone family. Mr. G's apparently will operate as a franchise of the original in downtown Bryan. Some physical upgrades may be in the works, but staff and menu are the same right now.
BryanPooch
DBSwooper
BryanPooch said:

Cenare and the Mr. G's Pizza on University have been sold by the Cerrone family. Mr. G's apparently will operate as a franchise of the original in downtown Bryan. Some physical upgrades may be in the works, but staff and menu are the same right now.

So can we park there now?
ChampsAg
Again...
LastHamlet
AG
tombdaddy504 said:

Yep. He had a food truck Big Daddy Z's, and then spent 3 months in Philly rebranding his truck to do cheesesteaks. He's keeping the truck, but moving into brick and mortar. Will have beer once TABC clears. Not sure when that will be, but supposed to be some local craft stuff
Where is it going to be located?
ChampsAg
Old Mickey's Sliders next to Ghengis Grill and Golden Corrall
LastHamlet
AG
ChampsAg said:

Thanks for the info.
TheAlarmGuy
#BOOM

Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Geralt of Rivia
S
Tried Blake's Steaks for lunch today, and really liked it
ratfacemcdougal
In the past, no matter how old your business is, if you join the chamber of commerce, they do a ribbon cutting and have an open house type party for chamber members to come and make a splash.
barbara314tx
Sign going up today for new Anco Insurance Benefit Services in the old Coldwell Banker location next to Anco's main building. I understand that the life/health insurance department will be located there.
MiMi
S
Wayback Burger is now open in Caprock Crossing.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
ChampsAg said:

Tried to go tonight around 5:00 and there was a sign on the door saying they had run out of food
momlaw
AG
I hope they had a bang up day.
Always pulling for folks willing to invest themselves in the gritty world of personally owned businesses.
momlaw
eloc62
so, I live in Castlegate and it appears vey soon we will have 4 burger places within a mile or so with Wayback now open and Fredy's opening soon. let the burger wars begin. I know i didn't include McDonalds, and that's because i don't eat there, but i love their coffee.
ABME
Jiffy Lube opening in Tower Point HEB shopping center in mid-January. It's a flagship multi-care store so, brakes, alignments, tires, in addition to oil changes.
atm86
AG
MiMi said:

Wayback Burger is now open in Caprock Crossing.
And no lines as of yet.
nought
AG
[We cleaned up a lot of posts that had begun to derail this thread. Sometimes posts that don't have anything to do with a derail get accidentally removed. It's not personal, it just happens on long threads like this one. -Staff]
bcstx06
I have been one the ones that have criticized the Towerpoint area development. My criticism has been in the planning/design of the area, not necessarily the businesses that have located there.

I think the people living in West Bryan would agree that they would take 1/10th of the business development that South College Station has seen. West Bryan has seen so much growth pretty much all areas, but when it comes to retail and restaurants its lacking tremendously.

It seems like the City of Bryan could do something to attract more retail and restaurants to the area.
Oddity
It's definitely been a slow process, but the growth is coming along. I was recently at the Stella Hotel in West Bryan and decided to drive around and it's coming along nicely.

I just wished they demolished every building on Texas Avenue between Villa Maria and Coulter and started over from scratch.
PS3D
Scruffy said:

I don't like the super holyrollers fighting against hooters/tilted kilt.

Unhappy citizens aside, that has nothing to do as to why we never got them. The first location for Hooters was proposed was on Texas Avenue, and never ended up being built because it was right around the recession, Hooters lost a restaurant in Galveston (gone gone), and then it turned out the location was pretty bad anyway, given the constant turnover of restaurants (Pyro Mongolian, Habanero Mexican, Lenny's Subs, Bush's Chicken, La Riviera, Lanna Thai, Teriyaki Park). Yeah, some of them had different reasons for going under, but the fact is that all the rapid turnover happened, and I believe the reasoning for this was it was too far south of Bryan and too far north of College Station to really be a big draw.

The Hooters in the Target center was axed because of a complaint from the shopping center itself. It had nothing to do with any citizen complaints, otherwise it wouldn't be building one exit down.
wineveryday
Any idea when the food truck park on Northgate will open? I saw a few trucks in there today.
carpe vinum
AG
I think it opens tomorrow officially.
Scruffy
AG
From Facebook and what I've read elsewhere, it "opens" tomorrow Wednesday dec 6.
PS3D
Barracks Market at 3201 Holleman Drive South is being built and from this document that details a disagreement with the city over building materials adding fuel pumps IS part of the plan, or at least WAS part of the plan last summer.
B2BCS15
AG
We can officially move Jersey Mike's Subs from the Rumor Mill to COMING SOON! I have confirmation that the area franchise has been purchased. No set timeframe right now but would hope to see something open by mid/late summer '18.
Geralt of Rivia
S
When was the last time that the list in the OP was updated? Seems like it's been a while
B2BCS15
AG
Good question........close enough to start a fresh 2018 list?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Wayside is definitely open. Some pictures on their Facebook if you want to check that out.

From the surroundings, it is hard to believe that is BCS. Growing up...literally
toolshed
AG
I have not see it personally, but Living Earth, a landscape supply company, has opened or will soon open South of town, just across from the speedway, along the southbound feeder. I am thinking it may be at or near the old brick sales location there. They carry a lot of things recommended by Randy Lemmon, the lawn and garden radio talk show host on KTRH in Houston.

Living Earth
bcstx06
Wade Winston Wilson said:

When was the last time that the list in the OP was updated? Seems like it's been a while

I plan on updating or starting a new one this weekend. I really neglected this one, but hope to keep the new one updated regularly.
Kitten With A Whip
A new one sounds like a good idea!
CDub06
AG
It's not even halfway through December yet. Y'all are probably the types to put up your Christmas tree the day after halloween.
The Original AG 76
AG
toolshed said:

I have not see it personally, but Living Earth, a landscape supply company, has opened or will soon open South of town, just across from the speedway, along the southbound feeder. I am thinking it may be at or near the old brick sales location there. They carry a lot of things recommended by Randy Lemmon, the lawn and garden radio talk show host on KTRH in Houston.

Living Earth
Best news all year on this thread.... GREAT place and is sorely needed in this nursery/landscaping wasteland.
EBrazosAg
AG
Would be awesome if they sold plants. We are definitely in a wasteland for good nursery. Also would be nice for those in the blackland soils if they carried TXI Expanded Shale product. Its a must in the Metroplex, and would be very useful for the majority of soils in this area. I'm lucky that I live in one of the few areas with a very sandy soil.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.