BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,294 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lippman Music announced on their Facebook page that they are closing after 32 years. Everything is on sale: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=lippman%20music
Max06
AG
Sad. They're good people.
ChampsAg
Gander Mountain supposedly being bought by a west coast company called Outdoor World (I think that was the name)
PS3D
Lippman closing after three decades is a pretty good run, I hope Brian has a great retirement. However, I can't shake the feeling that it was finally succumbing to a losing battle against Guitar Center. Then again, they co-existed for over four and a half years...
BrandoC
AG
A little research and seeing that they are from the West Coast, they do not sale guns. This will not go well for them.
PS3D
ChampsAg said:

Gander Mountain supposedly being bought by a west coast company called Outdoor World (I think that was the name)
Camping World (you're confusing it with Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World). RV retailer. They plan to operate 17 stores (down from 162 pre-bankruptcy). Likely, they will end up converting many of the still-open stores acquired to Camping World RV stores.
EvenPar
AG
Isn't Camping World owned by Marcus Limonis, from the tv show "The Profit" ?
Justin2010
AG
Yep. Love that show.
ChampsAg
Thanks! Friend told me the name Thursday and I forgot.
DBSwooper
Quote:

This expansion will feed to Oakmont Blvd which will intersect Canterbury and not Copperfield. This should allow Copperfield residents easier access to University without going by the elementary school.

It will be interesting to see if property crime for Copperfield increases like it did in Austin's Colony once the tucked away neighborhood has through streets.
Broncos
South CS Golds scheduled to open in June.
Cancelled
AG
I checked out Camping World. They have very little to do with camping.
patrick.redmill
Broncos said:

South CS Golds scheduled to open in June.
Unless things have changed, I assume that means Aggieland Fitness Dome is closing in June.
aggies_2001
AG
I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in this post but what is being built on Welborn where 2nd Chance Resale was?
montegobay
I noticed the Jack in the Box in Kroger shopping center in CS seems to be closed.
rc_cat
montegobay said:

I noticed the Jack in the Box in Kroger shopping center in CS seems to be closed.
And, our buddy Greg D was the FTR the closure...
mason12
AG
aggies_2001 said:

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in this post but what is being built on Welborn where 2nd Chance Resale was?

Multi-story apartment unit with retail built in and a parking garage.
PS3D
montegobay said:

I sure hope that was verified by you and not because Greg said so.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
montegobay said:

Remodeling, I believe.

Good thing, too. While I am not ashamed to say I enjoy their food on occasion, both the interior and the drive thru of that location were just nasty.
OnlyANobody
The Jack at Boonville/Hwy 6 has a POD container outside. I didn't check whether or not it was open, but it looked dark. Perhaps a remodel? The franchisee appears to be the same at all locations in our area.
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Noticed Hometown Cafe for the first time today on Texas Ave between Zand's and Carter's Burger.

They have large ads up in the windows probably advertising whatever it is they sell there, but they were too small to see from the road, so I can't say what type of restaurant it is.
Scotch
AG
Chef Cao is no longer there? I missed that.

or am I off on my locations?

Edit: Maybe just a name change? Menu is still Cao's but they may just need to update/replace it.
Rapier108
ChampsAg said:

And according to WTAW, all of the GM stores will be closing.

http://wtaw.com/2017/05/05/gander-mountain-closing-stores/
PS3D
rc_cat said:

montegobay said:

And, our buddy Greg D was the FTR the closure...

Sign says that it will reopen under new management. Greg D BTFO once again.
Aggies76
AG
Found out today that our Gander Mountain is not going away. It has been acquired by Camping World but will be re-opening as Gander Mountain after the current inventory has been sold.
FILO505
AG
Odd. I was informed by a current manager that it's closing. Initially, they were only closing select locations. However, word came down the pipe that they're all closing. Wondering which it is, now. Anybody?
Aggies76
AG
That is odd. We were told by one of the gun salesmen that they were reopening.
BQ_90
AG
Outdoor board posted article that ours is staying open
EBrazosAg
AG
Can't imagine our Gander Mountain would stay open, but who knows. Marcus Lemonis is tweeting frequently about which ones are staying open and which are closing. Have not seen ours mentioned there. He had a really good video he tweeted this weekend about Gander. Basically keeping 70-75 stores open, depending on the leases he is able to negotiate. A liquidator bought all the inventory, so the company is liquidating everything from all stores - both those staying open and those closing. Liquidation has nothing to do at all with which are staying open long term and which close.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UmustBKidding
Saw an article while looking at Google news this morning. It has a picture of a white board that explicitly shows college station gander location.
http://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/index.ssf/2017/05/some_gander_mountain_stores_in.html#incart_river_mobile_index
Looks like part of one of his tweets and the article suggests that this is part of a list of stores that will remain open.
bcstx06
According to Press Community News KIE on Harvey Road has closed. They are also in process of relocating the retail shop.
https://presscn.com/2017/05/06/kie-closes-store-on-harvey-new-location-and-website-planned-for-summer/

Also a new car dealership is opening in College Station Called Brazos Valley Auto Complex. I hope this doesn't mean Brazos Valley Imports could be potentially moving to South College Station. Hopefully its just the Mercedes Dealership and a name coincidence. https://presscn.com/2017/05/07/new-brazos-valley-auto-complex-coming-soon/

Jason86
AG
Brazos valley imports won't be entirely moving. They will be moving the BMW lot to be with Mercedes. I believe Volkswagen and Mazda are staying put at the old place.
duffelpud
AG
Corporate has taken over multiple JitB's in the Central Texas area - 11 that I'm aware of.
LocalAg96
AG
Looks like site plan is on the books for a new Starbucks in the Towerpoint area.
OnlyANobody
This article proves what you said:

Company Takeover of Area Jack in the Boxes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.