BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,996 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Fleen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On Texas in the old Oriental Market building just pay the intersection of Texas & North Ave.

It's good, we stopped by this morning...
ChampsAg
The old Oriental market on Texas I think.
phatpat21
Great thanks
halibut sinclair
That's Sam's Drive-in!
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Tried Tune Up Manly Salon for a haircut today. Great place. They have a few beers on tap for while you're waiting. Stephanie behind the bar greeted me when I walked in and we had a nice conversation about their business while I waited for my stylist. Lexi gave me one of the best haircuts I have ever had. Very thorough, which I appreciated when compared to the Sport Clips get you in and out as fast as possible approach. And the cost wasn't any more than an MVP at SportClips. I will definitely be back.
bushytailed
AG
The owner of Harvey Washbangers is opening Stella in September. It's supposed to be a southern style cafe and will have breakfast/brunch options. His blog says it will be on Hwy 6 near Momentum Bank.

http://www.washbangers.com/the-washblog
eloc62
bushytailed said:

The owner of Harvey Washbangers is opening Stella in September. It's supposed to be a southern style cafe and will have breakfast/brunch options. His blog says it will be on Hwy 6 near Momentum Bank.

Quote "Get ready to put some South in your mouth." yeah, not so sure how much chicken fried tofu is served in the south, but i will definitely try this place.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
patrick.redmill said:

Fleen said:

FYI Time for Thai has 50% second entree order for a little longer...

Also 10% off Aggie students/employees

I went last night. It met my (pretty low) expectations. It's cafeteria-style, which was a popular format for Thai food when I lived in Nashville 10-15 years ago. Upshot being, you can try two dishes at one outing, and it's pretty cheap. Think Panda Express for Thai food.
Mrs. Rocket Surgeon and I went on Saturday; they are running the 2 for 1 special through the end of February. I had the cafeteria style offerings and she ordered the Pad Thai from the kitchen (which we both agreed was better).

For those who are unfamiliar with this place, it's a new concept and is owned by the same folks who own the Thai Cottage restaurants in the Houston area. IMHO, Thai Cottage has some of the best Thai food in the city, so we were excited they took a first step into our market. I asked one of the kids behind the counter and he said that while they don't have any immediate expansion plans, the family that owns both may open a full fledged Thai Cottage in our area in the next several years if Time for Thai does well. For that reason alone we'll go there when we're looking for a cheap Asian cuisine fix.
happyinBCS
What are they building next to the Valero by S&W hospital ?
K2T2
eloc62 said:

bushytailed said:

Quote "Get ready to put some South in your mouth." yeah, not so sure how much chicken fried tofu is served in the south, but i will definitely try this place.
Oh, I'm sure of how much is served, and it's very very very very VERY little. Huzzah for chicken fried tofu, I'm sick and tired of there only ever being animal-based protein options at 99% of the restaurants here. I'm super suuuuper hoping they have tofu scramble, too!
FlyRod
There are vegan hipsters even in southern cities now...I bet you can find that sort of thing in Atlanta, Raleigh, Charleston...
meezermom
Stella sounds great, but they better hurry. There is absolutely no building near that Momentum Bank building and nothing has even been started yet. A September opening might be a little optimistic. That said, I'm really looking forward to it -- hope they have kid-friendly options!
K2T2
FlyRod said:

There are vegan hipsters even in southern cities now...I bet you can find that sort of thing in Atlanta, Raleigh, Charleston...
Oops! I starred when I meant to reply. I once went to a Mediterranean place in Birmingham, AL with eleven flavors of hummus. ELEVEN!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Watchlisting. We just moved to town about a month ago.
texasaggie04
AG
Whisper sisters needs to be on the list. That's the space next to mad hatters that used to be 315. Prohibition style shot bar.
redd38
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Whisper sisters needs to be on the list. That's the space next to mad hatters that used to be 315. Prohibition style shot bar.

That's a terrible name
gigem13ags
AG
Just changed from Black Sheep Pizza Company to GranDandy's about 2 years ago. Name change was due to another Black Sheep Pizza Company existed. GranDandy's changed to Gumby's due to a falling out between business owners, so Gumby's bought it out.
gigem13ags
AG
Yes! We will be opening Howdy's Pizza in South CS in Tower Point hopefully by April. We have NO affiliation with Gumby's Pizza. We were the last owners of GranDandy's prior to the change. The owners of Gumby's has helped us and been great support during this transition.

We will offer great craft pizzas, wings, pastas, salads, and more! More details to come! Thanks for the loyal support and see you soon!

https://www.facebook.com/HowdysPizza/

Cyp0111
Original name.
aggiepaintrain
AG
What is going next to Aggieland cycling on valley view??

Brown and blue building across from the old Chinese food place that's now a beauty school...

edit: A little internetting and it appears that it's a Domino's Pizza....

PS3D
Don't know how long it's been up (probably months?) or if anyone cares, but Pollo Tote has officially closed, lights out, For Sale/Lease sign out.
Tailgate88
AG
gigem13ags said:

Yes! We will be opening Howdy's Pizza in South CS in Tower Point hopefully by April. We have NO affiliation with Gumby's Pizza. We were the last owners of GranDandy's prior to the change. The owners of Gumby's has helped us and been great support during this transition.

We will offer great craft pizzas, wings, pastas, salads, and more! More details to come! Thanks for the loyal support and see you soon!

https://www.facebook.com/HowdysPizza/

Dining room? Adult beverages? If so this could be on our regular Friday rotation!
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

edit: A little internetting and it appears that it's a Domino's Pizza....
Don't feel bad. This question gets asked at least once a week on this thread.
FILO505
AG
Not necessarily new news, but the Good Bull BBQ trailer at the Shell on George Bush is picking up steam. CS ordinance doesn't allow for outdoor seating, but the Twittersphere following is starting to build. $10 BBQ plates never hurts.
ChampsAg
Roy May does a great job with his bbq! Pulled pork tacos are superb!
eloc62
I have seen this "Good Bull BBQ" trailer lately on the road while driving but never knew where they were going. now that I know where they are, I will go there. always looking for a place to eat good BBQ!
ChampsAg
Molly's in Bryan under new ownership. Same menu but not same quality IMO.
phatpat21
Good Bull BBQ is dang good
gigem13ags
AG
Dining room...yes! No beverages though. Pick up, delivery, and dine in. Will release new menu soon!
patrick.redmill
jja79 said:

That's what I think too, but every time someone brings up a Brazilian steakhouse people swear it will work even though it's $60/person if everyone has a drink.

Looks like a club sandwich is $12 at the Canteen. No thanks.

I went to this place last night. What a disaster. The building looks *great*, but that's about it. It's in the middle of a maze of student apartments. Terrible service. The vegetarian option (singular) literally made us laugh. My duck was OK, but not nearly enough of it. The (I'm guessing theme appropriate) knife in the silverware couldn't cut a steamed carrot. Some cornball "oldies" band blared at a trillion decibels while we tried to justify the ridiculous experience with good conversation. It has the bill of Veritas, but the ambiance of Applebee's.

I share you skepticism re: a traditional Brazilian Steakhouse in B/CS. However, people will pay for a quality meal here. Calvary Court just isn't a suitable test balloon for this subject.
mAgnoliAg
AG
patrick.redmill said:

jja79 said:

That's what I think too, but every time someone brings up a Brazilian steakhouse people swear it will work even though it's $60/person if everyone has a drink.

Looks like a club sandwich is $12 at the Canteen. No thanks.

I went to this place last night. What a disaster. The building looks *great*, but that's about it. It's in the middle of a maze of student apartments. Terrible service. The vegetarian option (singular) literally made us laugh. My duck was OK, but not nearly enough of it. The (I'm guessing theme appropriate) knife in the silverware couldn't cut a steamed carrot. Some cornball "oldies" band blared at a trillion decibels while we tried to justify the ridiculous experience with good conversation. It has the bill of Veritas, but the ambiance of Applebee's.

I share you skepticism re: a traditional Brazilian Steakhouse in B/CS. However, people will pay for a quality meal here. Calvary Court just isn't a suitable test balloon for this subject.
halibut sinclair
Quote:

*Cavalry
spike427
AG
Cloud 9 Baby is closing at the end of this month.

What's going in just south of SW Pkwy on the east side of the bypass?

I'm not thrilled about the apartments coming at Arrington and Decatur but whatcha gonna do.

I've tried the HEB pickup and liked it but it's too long of a wait (2 days) to make it something I'll use regularly.
PS3D
spike427 said:

Cloud 9 Baby is closing at the end of this month.

What's going in just south of SW Pkwy on the east side of the bypass?

Academy
bcstx06
I just updated the front page please let me know if I missed anything. I tried to highlight new items in bold.

Does anyone know whats going in between Atkinson Toyota and the hotel?

Also added that a new Taco Bell will be going up on Boonville Road.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.