BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,438 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KBTX feature on Cilantro.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Cilantro-Mexican-Grill-opens-in-Downtown-Bryan-444202823.html
legalbird
Rudy's was closed today. Are they out of business?
AggiePhil
AG
Is Mad Taco open yet??
Max06
AG
Health Dept. shut them down due to roaches.
ChampsAg
Go to Good Bull BBQ
rc_cat
AggiePhil said:

Is Mad Taco open yet??
I asked the other day at the current location and was told some time in the 20's - can't remember if he said 22nd or 27th. Was supposed to already be open, but I guess the weather held them up a bit.
Love Gun
There is land being cleared on Longmire across from Bridle Gate Estates. Anyone know what is going in there?
KidDoc
AG
This was in answer to my question on Monday.

Kiddoc, we are really close. Health department is coming today to give a preliminary look. We should be cooking food by the end of the week. Definitely opening next week some time. Stay tuned.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
95_Aggie
AG
Does anyone else think this thread gets less attention since its been pinned at the top?

I often forget it is there.
Tailgate88
AG
KidDoc said:

Kiddoc, we are really close. Health department is coming today to give a preliminary look. We should be cooking food by the end of the week. Definitely opening next week some time. Stay tuned.

Is this Carp's or Mad Taco?
KidDoc
AG
Tailgate88 said:

KidDoc said:

Is this Carp's or Mad Taco?
Mad Taco
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jetty
AG
Looked in the window of Carps late last week - they are A LONG way from opening. Still have concrete floors and bare studs. Think maybe they were putting in air ducts? When I was there about 10:30 on a weekday there wasn't anyone there working. Wish they'd get it open!
southerner
AG
Carp's will not be opening. As mentioned above, The Angry Elephant will be coming to the spot formerly almost know as Carp's.
snaglepuss
AGnCS said:

Does anyone else think this thread gets less attention since its been pinned at the top?

Because it has become a discussion thread instead of coming and going.
mgreen
Heard from Gringo's today. They are still coming. Construction will start early next year and open before football season.
KidDoc
AG
snaglepuss said:

AGnCS said:

Because it has become a discussion thread instead of coming and going.
Just buy stars and use watchlist.
Tailgate88
AG
mgreen said:

Heard from Gringo's today. They are still coming. Construction will start early next year and open before football season.
95_Aggie
AG
Looks like site preparation has begun for the new HEB
meezermom
Anybody know what the construction is on Longmire near Bridle Trails? I know someone asked previously, but there were no answers, so I thought I'd ask a second time.
FlyRod
"Out of Business" sign on door of Mickey's Sliders.
Love Gun
FlyRod said:

"Out of Business" sign on door of Mickey's Sliders.

Wow
Cyp0111
I thought they ran a good business
OnlyANobody
Running a good business =/= making a profit.

Also, putting your own money into something trying to make it float gets old as well and you either get sick of it or run out of money to put into it.

Not saying either of these things is what happened, but if it is, I wholly understand and sympathize. I hate seeing us lose businesses.
95_Aggie
AG
couldn't survive the brutal B/CS summer
Scruffy
AG
Got word the Abu Omar halal truck should be opening tonight and will be open tomorrow.

The guys said the were opening tonight... but we'll see.
Did say definitely tomorrow.

I hope it's good.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Anybody know what the construction is on Longmire near Bridle Trails? I know someone asked previously, but there were no answers, so I thought I'd ask a second time.
Charter school
rocketscience
AG
Today I saw siding going up on the small building at the food truck park and a news article that said Donut Darlin' has plans to move there so they are definitely still coming and are getting closer!
Scruffy
AG
I'll give my review of Omar halal truck tomorrow.
Some was good
Some was meh

Crowd was big. Probably because it's the only fast(ish) halal food place in town and on northgate.

I will say we will be back.
Scruffy
AG
Report:

We got the lamb kabob sandwich, beef shawarma sandwich, and an order of grape leafs.

The beef was great. They lightly grilled the wrap and the filling was delicious. both me and my wife liked it that best.
The lamb was ok. The meat was a bit tough. probably won't get that again.
Having never had grape leafs before I wasn't a fan, but my wife loved them.

Many in the crowd were getting the beef or chicken on rice plates. It all looked good and everyone seemed to like what they got.

Funny aside... when ordering I said I had to get the grape leafs because my wife wanted them. Someone in the crowd heard me say that and that she is from London, and I suppose thought she was of middle eastern heritage because he asked what racial make-up she was. He seemed a bit shocked when I said half caribbean black and half anglo/german white. I doubt he has ever left Dallas (where he said he was from) and didn't realize that in the U.K. late night food is either fish and chips or kababs, Hilala food isn't just something muslims eat.

Back to the truck...
Everything looked good. Portions were ok for the price. We will probably eat there again (we don't eat out much). Will try the chicken next time. I would recommend this place. Same as recommending the former truck there Peru Fusion. Seems like good food comes from that corner.
PS3D
OnlyANobody said:

Running a good business =/= making a profit.

Also, putting your own money into something trying to make it float gets old as well and you either get sick of it or run out of money to put into it.

Not saying either of these things is what happened, but if it is, I wholly understand and sympathize. I hate seeing us lose businesses.
I can give two reasons.

1. "Gourmet sliders" were a fad that has since faded (at the peak of MS, there was also the whole Stover Cafe instead of Village Foods)
2. A major over-saturation of burger-type places in town (Hopdoddy, Wayback, Mooyah, possibly others opened since)
FlyRod
Sorry to disappoint, but no. Their FB page says they just got tired of the grind of running a restaurant, and decided to do something else. Same thing with Butler's. Possibly with CMac as well. It's a grueling business, and easy to get burnt out in. I have many, many friends who followed this path.
Scruffy
AG
Just learned Fusion Peru is back at the Boyett gas station corner. The taco truck that was there is out.
australopithecus robustus
Cooking for friends and family is easy. Making money at it whilst serving the public is an art.
RDH80
AG
Where is Gringos being built ?
MiMi
S
Gringos will be built next to Salt Grass Steakhouse

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.