BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

685,093 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw that as well...off Wellborn. I hope it's related to the Bryan place.
lockett93
AG
New tenants announced for Century Square:
http://www.theeagle.com/townnews/commerce/four-new-tenants-announced-for-century-square-development-on-the/article_76786042-72ea-11e7-bc8e-f375a7be406f.html

Quote:

Midway developers told the media and invited guests this morning that the national brands - Runway Seven, a women's clothing boutique, and Sweet Paris Crperie, a restaurant that specializes in crepes of all kinds will fit in well with the tenants committed so far, including Berryhill Baja Grill, Blaze Pizza, Hey Sugar, Hopdoddy, Merge, Mo's Irish Pub, Neighbors Emergency Center, Orangetheory Fitness, Piada Italian Street Food, Star Cinema Grill, Sub Zero, Tiff's Treats and Zos Kitchen.
bcstx06
lockett93 said:

http://www.theeagle.com/townnews/commerce/four-new-tenants-announced-for-century-square-development-on-the/article_76786042-72ea-11e7-bc8e-f375a7be406f.html

Quote:

Midway developers told the media and invited guests this morning that the national brands - Runway Seven, a women's clothing boutique, and Sweet Paris Crperie, a restaurant that specializes in crepes of all kinds will fit in well with the tenants committed so far, including Berryhill Baja Grill, Blaze Pizza, Hey Sugar, Hopdoddy, Merge, Mo's Irish Pub, Neighbors Emergency Center, Orangetheory Fitness, Piada Italian Street Food, Star Cinema Grill, Sub Zero, Tiff's Treats and Zos Kitchen.

So I see with this announcement Bryan will lose the Galleria Day Spa to College Station. College Station went from no Galleria Day Spas to two in a matter of a month. Wow!

In other news, a large apartment complex is planned at the Northwest corner of 2818 and Leonard Road. It will be know as the Forest Pines Apartments. It will include 10 apartment buildings and a community building with a pool.

PS3D
bcstx06 said:

lockett93 said:

Quote:

So I see with this announcement Bryan will lose the Galleria Day Spa to College Station. College Station went from no Galleria Day Spas to two in a matter of a month. Wow!

In other news, a large apartment complex is planned at the Northwest corner of 2818 and Leonard Road. It will be know as the Forest Pines Apartments. It will include 10 apartment buildings and a community building with a pool.

Was the Galleria Day Spa in Bryan originally something else? Seems like it could be a great place to redevelop seeing the successful transformation of Shapers Hair back into a restaurant. Between Galleria Day Spa and Amico Nave, there's a house that seems to have a parking lot instead of a yard and driveway, maybe with GSD's closure that whole area between Amico Nave and Cavitt could redevelop into something interesting.
carpe vinum
AG
Not going to pretend to extrapolate why a business would move from a comparatively low income demographic to possibly an area with a potentially higher income demographic, but there's one lady over there that made me feel like I'd been in a dang good bar fight the next day. If you like deep tissue damage she is the tops.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
What's going in on the south side of Harvey/30 between veteran's park and Copperfield?

I'm guessing commercial due to the location and depth of trees cut.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
Cyp0111
Bryan is a lower economic town. Century Square will suck up anything looking to elevate
taxpreparer
AG
Yes, it was a restaurant in the late 70s. I don't remember the name.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
BlueMiles
AG
Per an email they sent, Century Square will be a second location for Galleria Day Spa.
australopithecus robustus
I still maintain that the occupancy cost for all of the tenants in Century Square will sting. The fact that many of the tenants have many locations certainly skews the formula. But, this is College Station. It's going to be difficult for things to be bankable.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Plenty of pictures from Century Square:

http://www.theeagle.com/gallery/news/century-square-gives-walk-through-tour/collection_fdeb36e4-7330-11e7-b96c-b3c80d4495bd.html
PS3D
australopithecus robustus said:

I still maintain that the occupancy cost for all of the tenants in Century Square will sting. The fact that many of the tenants have many locations certainly skews the formula. But, this is College Station. It's going to be difficult for things to be bankable.
I maintain that it isn't going to be problematic at all. Retailers and restaurants tend to avoid BCS because on paper the spending is low, but generally everything that has moved here has been successful. Sure, you can point out specific chain restaurants closing, but how many of those weren't franchise or corporate related, and didn't specifically single out College Station?
BryanPooch
I think that house on Villa Maria was the Copper Hearth and also was Samuel's. Samuel's was excellent, run by a neighbor of mine then. It was higher end and really needed the patronage of University types showing out-of-towners and prospective hires our amenities. But, the owners did NOT serve alcohol for religious reasons even though the food cried out to be paired with wine. So, hosts avoided taking prospective new employees there. It was doomed and died a very premature death.
australopithecus robustus
I respectfully disagree. They will feel that rent when summer sales drop 30%
Look Out Below
AG
Yet another apt complex (eventually).
aggiemom89
Anyone know what is going in on the Hwy 30 area across from Veterans Park? The land is being cleared.
Swarely
Went to the soft opening of Hopdoddy's tonight. Full disclosure I live in Austin, so I have eaten there before. Delicious as always. That area looks to be a fun place in the future.
Cyp0111
The george looks fantastic. The pool area is fantastic
K2T2
Swarely said:

Went to the soft opening of Hopdoddy's tonight. Full disclosure I live in Austin, so I have eaten there before. Delicious as always. That area looks to be a fun place in the future.
Were they offering the Impossible burger?
eloc62
Swarely said:

looking forward to eating there! I love me a good burger. Don't care if it's a road side diner, or an upscale place. I eat at both. a good burger is a good burger!
bushytailed
AG
K2T2 said:

Swarely said:

Yes they were.
I took a pic of the menu at the soft opening and it's listed.
Tailgate88
AG
K2T2 said:

Swarely said:

Quote:

Austin-based Hopdoddy rolled out the Impossible Burger, made with water, textured wheat Protein, coconut oil, potato protein, natural flavors, 2 percent or less of: leghemoglobin (soy), yeast extract, salt, soy protein isolate, konjac gum, xanthan gum, thiamin (Vitamin B1), zinc, niacin, vitamin B6, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and vitamin B12...
carpe vinum
AG
I googled that the other day. I do not understand the appeal, but to each their own. More beef for me.
CactusThomas
AG
It's appropriately named. It will be impossible to get us to try that in college station.
carpe vinum
AG
Don't kid yourself, there may well be enough gluten free, vegan yobs around to keep hopdoddy's hoppin.
CactusThomas
AG
carpe vinum said:

Don't kid yourself, there may well be enough gluten free, vegan yobs around to keep hopdoddy's hoppin.

I thought it was in college station, is it in Bryan?
carpe vinum
AG
You must not be familiar with the University-centric wine and cheese crowd priding themselves on outprogressively thinking each other.
It's a competitive sport.
If it's odd as crap and originated elsewhere it is rapidly embraced by a substantial cadre of souls hellbent on educating us uncultured swine.
CactusThomas
AG
I'm not familiar but I'm happy not knowing them.
K2T2
carpe vinum said:

You must not be familiar with the University-centric wine and cheese crowd priding themselves on outprogressively thinking each other.
It's a competitive sport.
If it's odd as crap and originated elsewhere it is rapidly embraced by a substantial cadre of souls hellbent on educating us uncultured swine.
You're so confused.
Cyp0111
nothing like townies.
Tailgate88
AG
carpe vinum said:

In fairness, that is the only hipsterburger on the menu. There are plenty of red blooded 'Merica options for us to avail ourselves of.
FlyRod
Grub's veggie burger sells well, according to their GM. Hopdoddy will do just fine...the old and unhealthy crowd are no longer the only ones dictating tastes around here.

More frou-frou burgers the better as far as I'm concerned. Haters still have Koppe and Sonic.
carpe vinum
AG
patrick.redmill
K2T2 said:

My wife (a lifelong vegetarian who has never had beef) had one at the soft opening on Friday. She wasn't blown away, but she said it was very interesting and had a texture unlike anything she's had before.
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BXJf7cfhg-S

1791 Whiskey Bar (at the George) opening in August.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.