BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

684,533 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gunan01 said:

Saw the sign for Cloud 9 Baby was taken down- was located next to Shannon Morton Photography off the highway in south CS. Not sure if moving or went out of business.
It liquidated at the end of February, including fixtures like mannequins. [https://www.facebook.com/cloud9babystore/]
MiMi
S
Ye Star Chinese Buffet is now open.
carpe vinum
AG
MiMi said:

Ye Star Chinese Buffet is now open.
where?
MiMi
S
College Station, on Texas Ave (near Harvey Rd) in the same retail strip as Wayback Burger and Urban Bricks Pizza
tvoiles
Fastenal College Station vacant tonight
carpe vinum
AG
tvoiles said:

Fastenal College Station vacant tonight
That's surprising with construction booming.
Where is everyone going now?
ChampsAg
Moved everything to the Hwy 21 location
BrandoC
AG
That whole strip shopping center should be bulldozed. Not in a really great part if town. The area from Texas all the way to Consol HS has became a big ghetto where no one wants to live.
Oogway
^^my reply is way off topic, but no. Bee Creek neighborhood is pretty cool w/large lots. They are building townhomes over there too. Some of the apts/businesses could use a facelift, sure, but I have seen bad, and that aint it.
PS3D
BrandoC said:

That whole strip shopping center should be bulldozed. Not in a really great part if town. The area from Texas all the way to Consol HS has became a big ghetto where no one wants to live.
It was never really meant for retail establishments, even back to the late 1990s it was mostly service or other businesses (Acrofit, Jacob's Well, pet grooming, etc.), the name is College Station BUSINESS Center for crying out loud. (What's the Buzz Coffee is located in the back)

Most of that area does pretty good retail-wise. Walmart has done well, there's the trampoline park in what remains of the Albertsons well underway, and even beyond Consol we've got that new H-E-B coming.
m3prsive
Heard a rumor Target is planned for the corner on Greens Prarie and Hwy 6 across the Mooyah Exxon.
dave99ag
AG
Doesn't the city own that lot?
AggiePhil
AG
m3prsive said:

Heard a rumor Target is planned for the corner on Greens Prarie and Hwy 6 across the Mooyah Exxon.

My wife would LOVE that.
carpe vinum
AG
dave99ag said:

Doesn't the city own that lot?
I heard a while back the Pappas Bros owned it, but I have no idea if that was or is true.
CrazyAgE
AggiePhil said:

m3prsive said:

My wife would LOVE that.

I don't think a 3rd Target would make it at all, right now. I would think that is still several years out
techno-ag
AG
CrazyAgE said:

AggiePhil said:

m3prsive said:

My wife would LOVE that.

I don't think a 3rd Target would make it at all, right now. I would think that is still several years out
They're one of the retailers who've suffered pretty bad lately. Wouldn't be surprised if expansion plans were pulled back everywhere for Target.
meezermom
Another piece of property that Pappas owns?! I thought these were restaurant people, not property people.

When is Pappadeaux going to start building? Any updates?
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
meezermom said:

Another piece of property that Pappas owns?! I thought these were restaurant people, not property people.

They are one in the same.. These guys build their balance sheets through properties. I saw something the other day that was a surprise to me that you might find interesting. The Mcdonalds corporation is one of the largest real-estate holding companies in the world and have used the fast food biz to develop their real estate portfolio.
australopithecus robustus
They don't own the property, the young family does.

Pappas do quite a bit of real estate. You don't do that many restaurants and not do real estate.

Their real estate branch is PRI.

They never get in a rush to do projects. The Pappadeaux on research blvd took around 10 years from the time they bought the property.
montegobay
I think it might be time to move Carp's to Rumor Mill subheading on the front page. I venture that it's never gonna happen.
AggiePhil
AG
Charleys Philly Steaks coming to POM.
petey88
techno-ag said:

CrazyAgE said:

AggiePhil said:

m3prsive said:

My wife would LOVE that.

They're one of the retailers who've suffered pretty bad lately. Wouldn't be surprised if expansion plans were pulled back everywhere for Target.
very rare for them to build new stores, has been for a few years. Recently they have been doing remodels and planned to open some 20-30 small stores that are 20K-25K sq.ft. close to college campuses. There was one scheduled to be open on Austin's Guadalupe St. before the Fall semester, but that date has been pushed back.
oklaunion
montegobay said:

I think it might be time to move Carp's to Rumor Mill subheading on the front page. I venture that it's never gonna happen.
I was getting in line to get a Super Burrito at Taco Casa ( they add onions for free) and saw some electricians working at Carp's on Wednesday.
Anonymous Source
S
Drove past Dickey's BBQ yesterday while out on errands and they were closed. Are they out of business?
Gig 'Em
AggiePlaya
AG
AggiePhil said:

Charleys Philly Steaks coming to POM.
I love those phillys
shebe008
Yes, it looks like they are out of business. In fact, it looks like Dickey's is going through a rough period as they are closing restaurants everywhere.

http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/dickeys-barbecue-pit-closed/
carpe vinum
AG
I thought there was speculation about another franchisee taking over and reopening Dickie's
GSS
Visited AutoZone on Texas Ave today, and noticed roof work being done on the finally closed China Buffet (or whatever it was called) across the street.
Then I read (or heard) where Fargo's BBQ is moving to 1701 South Texas Ave...the closed Chinese food place, expecting a Aug 1 opening. Has to be a nasty place to cleanup, and hope it's not jinxed in location.

Fargo's BBQ move
AggiePhil
AG
You had me confused there for a minute thinking you were referring to the other AutoZone on Texas...with a former Chinese place nearby...in College Station.
bcstx06
Murphy Oil Gas Station is going in at the corner of Harvey Mitchell Parkway and West Villa Maria. From the renderings it also looks like it is surrounded by pad sites for future restaurants and shops. Just on the other side of that intersection near the Wings N More, a Domino's is going in.

Was in the Tradition's/Bio Corridor the other day and I must say WOW! All of the nice new homes and other construction is astonishing. There is even apartments going up all the way out at Highway 47 and West Villa Maria. Way to go City of Bryan! With roof tops comes retail, restaurants and other businesses.

Almost forgot to add that there is also construction going on at the TAMU Health Science Center off of Hwy 47.
CWIsom
Slow & Steady but we need restaurants ASAP!
Tailgate88
AG
Signage is up for Spider Smart Learning center next to Anytime Fitness at Tower Point.

https://www.spidersmart.com/college-station

Also there is lots of activity at the former Junek's BBQ location. I believe someone posted above it would be a Texas Burger.
DBSwooper
The power for Harvest Coffee was shut off by BTU this morning, hopefully they pull through I really like that place.
FlyRod
That would suck horribly. Hopefully its just a temporary thing.
Prescient
thesleepstation said:

meezermom said:

They are one in the same.. These guys build their balance sheets through properties. I saw something the other day that was a surprise to me that you might find interesting. The Mcdonalds corporation is one of the largest real-estate holding companies in the world and have used the fast food biz to develop their real estate portfolio.
Whataburger has the same strategy. Those companies are as much real estate companies as they are fast food companies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.