BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

685,343 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
DBSwooper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

referencing a few posts earlier in the thread..

did get over to Mooyah today for their chili cheese dog. it was pretty good. idk if its the best in town as i'm not even entirely sure who else has em but its solid. unfortunately like the rest of Mooyah's menu though its kinda overpriced. i got a chili cheese dog, small fries, and drink for $11. i feel like a more appropriate value for that meal should be like $8 or $9 at the very most.
Hot Dogs, Etc. is still my local choice for a good hotdog, drink and a reasonable price.
duffelpud
AG
CJHajda said:

http://trahanarchitects.com/work/college-station-boutique-hotel/

Not sure if this is happening or just a proposal...

Well, they did win an award - the "AIA New Orleans Honorable Mention for Unbuilt Architecture", so that might be a clue.
jimmyb
Eh repost - saw it one page back -

El Loco Taco - Across from Bryan Tejas HEB
https://eatbcs.com/2017/05/19/el-loco-taco-under-construction-across-from-bryan-h-e-b-on-villa-maria/
BQ_90
AG
Is fuegos closed or just closed today. Might have missed it being discussed in the three pages of in and out burger debate
marrocco
They're now closed on Mondays.
redd38
AG
BQ_90 said:

Is fuegos closed or just closed today. Might have missed it being discussed in the three pages of in and out burger debate

They close on Mondays
australopithecus robustus
Fuego has been closed on Mondays for quite a while now, maybe even more than a year.

I'm not sure what fuegos is, but I will look into it.
AggiePhil
AG
CJHajda said:

I have no knowledge of what is happening within CHI but I would find it hard to believe it would go back to the sisters as their community is aging and dying out rather quickly. I would like to see the HSC take it over as it would be a great revenue source to spur expansion of the HSC.

Would be pretty cool to finally have a Texas A&M University Hospital!
The Original AG 76
AG
AggiePhil said:

CJHajda said:

I have no knowledge of what is happening within CHI but I would find it hard to believe it would go back to the sisters as their community is aging and dying out rather quickly. I would like to see the HSC take it over as it would be a great revenue source to spur expansion of the HSC.

Would be pretty cool to finally have a Texas A&M University Hospital!
we did in the 70's ( or maybe still do) . It was called the Quack Shack and had a very simple solution for all ills....
Mouthwash and darvon for everything !!!
KidDoc
AG
Rexter said:

Well.... another person connected to St Joseph told me that CHI should be gone by October and the campus will go back to the Sisters......or TAMU will take over and run it as part of HSC.
I'm part of CHI-St Jo leadership and I have heard absolutely nothing close to this plan.

I'm not saying it isn't truth but in official meetings something like this hasn't even been discussed in a theoritical sense much less in the next six months.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePhil
AG
Perhaps y'all should start at least discussing it. How cool would it be for A&M to have a teaching hospital here in town? I know they already put a lot (all?) of their med students through there. As Sharp would say, let's put the Texas A&M name on it!

I also know a lot of people have become disillusioned with what CHI ("Can't Have It!") has done to the place.
KidDoc
AG
AggiePhil said:

Perhaps y'all should start at least discussing it. How cool would it be for A&M to have a teaching hospital here in town? I know they already put a lot (all?) of their med students through there. As Sharp would say, let's put the Texas A&M name on it!

I also know a lot of people have become disillusioned with what CHI ("Can't Have It!") has done to the place.
"Can't Have It" that is pretty funny!

Yeah I have med students in clinic a few days a week. I would have no issues with A&M getting closer ties but I'm not sure A&M is a non-profit like St Jo's has been since it was founded.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
AggiePhil said:

I don't want Sharp running hospitals, and I hope I don't need to explain why.

If things at CHI St. Joseph were that bad, I'd imagine they'd just sell the former St. Joseph properties to another owner, like Memorial Hermann. How cool would it be to have a Memorial Hermann hospital in Bryan, just like in Houston?
AggiePhil
AG
Yeah, that would be cool too. I realize there is a LOT that goes into running a hoslital and that an ownership change would be a big deal, especially for TAMU. Just thought it'd at least be worth the higher ups discussing.
kyledr04
AG
The A&M health science center campus master plan includes a hospital. I think it was planned for 2030. But that was drafted before S&W built a hospital and maybe Obamacare. I'm not sure the demand for another hospital will be there by then. Plus it takes millions to fund a hospital. Look how long it took tu to get their own in Austin.
biobioprof
kyledr04 said:

The A&M health science center campus master plan includes a hospital. I think it was planned for 2030. But that was drafted before S&W built a hospital and maybe Obamacare. I'm not sure the demand for another hospital will be there by then. Plus it takes millions to fund a hospital. Look how long it took tu to get their own in Austin.
I was under the impression that the how long it took tu was much more about politics than fundability or demand.
cslifer
It wouldn't be close to like anything like their facilities in Houston. Same docs and nurses and staff as has been there, just in different colored scrubs.
AggiePhil
AG
cslifer said:

It wouldn't be close to like anything like their facilities in Houston. Same docs and nurses and staff as has been there, just in different colored scrubs.

That's all I look for anyway. If the doctor shows up wearing black scrubs, I get a second opinion.
rocketscience
AG
I would love to see the HSC add a hospital or hospital system to it in order to add a revenue stream to fuel the expansion of the HSC as most of its campuses are still in the first phase of development as well as to fund research. In addition, a hospital/hospital system would provide a cushion for the next time the state legislature thinks its okay to pull a stunt similar to this year where they initially pulled $1 billion from the higher education budget. Now if Sharp got his hands on it he would build multiple brand new hospitals while outsourcing everything and squeezing as many people into the hospitals as possible. So theres a pro but mostly cons there.
cslifer
How would a hospital be a cushion if funding is lost? Teaching hospitals are not known to be profitable at all.
CWIsom
Looks like Fast Eddies will be closing
newsjunkie
Quote:

Looks like Fast Eddies will be closing
Their facebook page said they closed their doors yesterday.
AggiePhil
AG
SJ already is a teaching hospital.
The Anchor
AG
Dangit. I rarely have time to read this thread and now it's all talk about St Joes having a teaching hospital and nothing much about the coming and goings.
PS3D
The Anchor said:

Dangit. I rarely have time to read this thread and now it's all talk about St Joes having a teaching hospital and nothing much about the coming and goings.
which is all complete rumors and hearsay. Fast Eddie's closing is the only real news as of late.
FlyRod
Victor's Shoe Repair in Bryan is also closing.
Expert Analysis
AG
Is fargos opening a second location or are they just moving again?
CDub06
AG
2nd Location from what I understand - Kohl's shopping center
spudag
AG
Do you know where the 2nd location will be?
Expert Analysis
AG
where did you hear Kohl's shopping center? The address i saw was the old oceans buffet.
war hymn aggie
AG
This month's Texas Monthly has Fargo's relocating to the old Barnhill/Oceans Buffet location in August.
CWIsom
That place is cursed. Why?????
CDub06
AG
Y'all are right. The 2nd location information was a DM I received. The Kohl's shopping center was just my typing the address into Google - It maps it to the wrong location.

Ocean's Buffet makes a lot more sense.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

Y'all are right. The 2nd location information was a DM I received. The Kohl's shopping center was just my typing the address into Google - It maps it to the wrong location.

Ocean's Buffet makes a lot more sense.
To be fair, they are both 1701 S Texas Ave. Just in 2 different cities.
isitjustme
AG
Actually, the Bryan Ocean Buffet address is 1701 S Texas Ave. The College Station Kohl's Center address is 1701 Texas Ave S. Very similar but not the same.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.