BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2017)

686,711 Views | 2328 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TLIAC
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
- That rumored "food truck park" looks like it's coming to Northgate at the former home of La Bodega and the apartment building next to it, called "Wayside Food Park"
- The Aerofit Express at Southwest Parkway and Wellborn has closed.
OnlyANobody
Don't forget that the hotly debated (in Copperfield, anyway) Big's Wine and Spirits is open at the Texaco on Boonville and Copperfield.
bcstx06
Also the new Hooters may be one of their new concepts called Hoots since this area is so "conservative."
Hoots Is the Restaurant for the Man Who Loves Wings But Hates Objectifying Women
PS3D
bcstx06 said:

Also the new Hooters may be one of their new concepts called Hoots since this area is so "conservative."
Hoots Is the Restaurant for the Man Who Loves Wings But Hates Objectifying Women
Since when is Cicero, Illinois "conservative"?
FlyRod
PS3D
A Jiffy Lube is planned for Tower Point to the right of Taco Bell.

More exciting news is coming out of FM 2818 and Holleman, where a site plan reveals a 12000 square foot retail center, a third of that to be a restaurant of some sort. The site plan mentions outdoor seating as opposed to a drive-through.
mason12
AG
Neighbors Emergency Center - Century Square is open

Studio movie grill isn't going in according to Century Squares website it is a Star Cinema Grill
http://www.century-square.com/directory/star-cinema-grill/

http://www.century-square.com/directory/#lifestyle
Hopdoddy
Tiff's Treats
Zoes Kitchen
Mo's Irish Pub
Berryhill Baja Grill and Cantina
Blaze Pizza

KidDoc
AG
That star cinema menu looks great! Really looking forward to that one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cyp0111
Per the updated presentation they have the following places will also be in Century Square.

Porters Steakhouse
PIADA Italian Street Food
Orange Theory Fitness
Merge Boutique
Poppys Wine+Food
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I just looked at the Star Cinema Grill site and am very disappointed. This is not at all what I was hoping for.

I wanted a place similar to Alamo Drafthouse that would have special screenings of classic movies, theme nights, sing-a-longs, etc. From everything I see from Star Cinema Grill website, it's simply a first-run movie place with food. Kind of a bummer.
CDub06
AG
There's one in Conroe. It's fine for what it is, but certainly not a destination place.
hot dog
AG
Cyp0111
Black walnut was in chimney hill which is on hold.
Tailgate88
AG
It's going to be very interesting to see if this town can support all these high end restaurant type places coming in. I hope the answer is yes...
PBR
I remember when Pelicans Wharf was the high end place
BrandoC
AG
A restaurant with a back patio would have a beautiful view of Kyle Field at that exact spot. Instead there is going to be a shatty oil change place there instead.
australopithecus robustus
A patio back there facing Kyle field would be a blasted
Inferno at sunset in june
FlyRod
But perfect for folks living in expensive houses to enjoy their chicken tenders, amiright?
australopithecus robustus
Obnoxious.

Anyway, I never eat chicken fingers.
Tailgate88
AG
BrandoC said:

A restaurant with a back patio would have a beautiful view of Kyle Field at that exact spot. Instead there is going to be a shatty oil change place there instead.

I noticed the building to the north of Gold's has a staircase going to the top of the building. Maybe a patio is planned? Is that the rumored Freddy's?
DontBeTriggered
bushytailed said:

The owner of Harvey Washbangers is opening Stella in September. It's supposed to be a southern style cafe and will have breakfast/brunch options. His blog says it will be on Hwy 6 near Momentum Bank.

http://www.washbangers.com/the-washblog

Isn't this odd when the Stella Hotel is opening in Bryan? Why on earth would you name your restaurant the very same name as the new hotel in Traditions? C'mon, be original people.
PS3D
Keep in mind this just happened today, so I don't know what will happen to our local store. But it is one to look out for.

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/02/16/national-sporting-goods-store-is-filing-for-bankruptcy/
AggiePirate
AG
PS3D said:

Keep in mind this just happened today, so I don't know what will happen to our local store. But it is one to look out for.

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/02/16/national-sporting-goods-store-is-filing-for-bankruptcy/

Oughtta be good for a couple o deals at least...on the way back to Academy.
sawemoff94
AG
PBR said:

Great prime rib!!!
redd38
AG
MonkIsMyHero said:

bushytailed said:

The owner of Harvey Washbangers is opening Stella in September. It's supposed to be a southern style cafe and will have breakfast/brunch options. His blog says it will be on Hwy 6 near Momentum Bank.

http://www.washbangers.com/the-washblog

Isn't this odd when the Stella Hotel is opening in Bryan? Why on earth would you name your restaurant the very same name as the new hotel in Traditions? C'mon, be original people.

don61
carpe vinum
AG
PBR said:

Oxford Street or GTFO.
Though I occasionally miss the perpetual steak & crab special for 9.99, mostly I appreciated from my youth that they would serve drinks to anyone. Seriously, anyone.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Oh wow I remember going to Oxford Street for my parents anniversary every year, and my siblings and I would "pay" for dinner...of course all we really did was not complain that we had to dress nicely to go out to eat
95_Aggie
AG
Fish Richards or GTFO
Tailgate88
AG
I miss Black Forest Inn. A bit of a drive but worth it.

Anyone remember Remedies?
bcstx06
A Hotel called Tru by Hilton is going in at 1933 Austin's Colony Parkway in Bryan. It will be 4 stories tall. There is also a Taco Bell proposed near by.

A Domino's restaurant is being proposed for 1531 West Villa Maria Road near 2818 and Walmart. It will have a patio and a drive thru. Same concept as the new one going up in College Station.

Specialty coffee shop under the name P.O.V. Cafe is the first retail/restaurant named for the Lake Walk/Atlas Town Center in Bryan.

A look at some of the buildings going up in the Lake Walk/Atlas Town Center:

Zwernemann Flooring is building a 7,260 square foot at 1175 North Earl Rudder Freeway

Oakmont is about to start its 1st phase of houses, including the the construction of a clubhouse and 256 apartment units.

There are many other projects going up in Bryan including apartments, housing, town homes, hotels etc. I will list them all when more detail become available.

Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

There is also a Taco Bell proposed near by.
Thank god! The one across from Bryan High about a mile from there clearly isn't enough.
Agglife
I wanna know more about that food truck park...and where the trucks are in general! I miss them from Austin and I thought there would be more here to choose from. Can anybody help??
FlyRod
The food truck court will be next to West End Elixir Co, and I was told 6-7 trucks.

As for finding them, I'd start with Yelp...just search under "food trucks" and see what comes up. If you find ones you like, see if they have a website or Facebook page for more info. They are out there, just scatttered, unlike in Austin.
redd38
AG
Agglife said:

I wanna know more about that food truck park...and where the trucks are in general! I miss them from Austin and I thought there would be more here to choose from. Can anybody help??

What do you want to know about the food truck park?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.