Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

212,941 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any experience with Meier skis? Small batch shop out of Denver. Rode a lift with a guy that works there last week.
Jock 07
AG
Got my boots from boot mechanics last summer and couldn't be happier. Night and day difference in the new boots and the performance. Heard great things about surefoot as well but they're significantly more expensive. Nice convenience with all the locations on the mountain though.
Jock 07
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Anyone have any experience with Meier skis? Small batch shop out of Denver. Rode a lift with a guy that works there last week.

Demo'd some years ago and I thought they were pretty solid from what I recall. They use Colorado wood exclusively as well from what I remember.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Jock 07 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Demo'd some years ago and I thought they were pretty solid from what I recall. They use Colorado wood exclusively as well from what I remember.

Mostly Colorado wood with some maple from Tennessee I think. I like the fact that they're CO manufactured. My sister used to work for Volant and I'd watch their guys making skis on the floor.
LRHF
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Sweet. Looks like I will roll into Purg the day before 10" is forecast.

Nice timing! I would normally swing by and get a beer or a few runs with other TA's folk but hopping a jet to Chile
bmac_aggie18
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Owen Leeper is an athlete for them and makes some awesome videos, be worth checking them out
ChipFTAC01
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Owen Leeper is an athlete for them and makes some awesome videos, be worth checking them out

Imagine the looks headed your way if you scooted up to the lift in these

?v=1536715454&width=1080
bmac_aggie18
AG
Might be a little too Texas for me. Gotta blend in somehow
JustPanda
Tecolote
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

?v=1536715454&width=1080
"a fool and his money are easily parted"
Jock 07
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

?v=1536715454&width=1080

Holy ****, if not for the horns I'd love to have it. A major **** you to all the locals who already loathe Texans.
Tecolote
AG
Jock 07 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

?v=1536715454&width=1080

Holy ****, if not for the horns I'd love to have it. A major **** you to all the locals who already loathe Texans.
Better be an above average skier or you'll just add to the laughter. If you put these on and be a black diamond scraper (i.e., the novice going on a black diamond and slides down the hill scrapping all the snow because it's way over their head), it won't turn out well. And most locals don't loathe Texans as they know that's where the money comes from for the local economy.
MouthBQ98
AG
Do I read that right, 20+" in Purg on 26-27?
LRHF
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Do I read that right, 20+" in Purg on 26-27?

Chris Tomer calling for 22"
StockHorseAg
AG
I'm going to be in Purgatory the 28th- 3rd. Looks like things are lining up nicely snow wise.
MouthBQ98
AG
See you on the hill. I'll be in a party of 3, Me, my uncle '81, and my other uncle who pitched for Rice, but we don't hold that against him.
StockHorseAg
AG
I'll be in a party of 4 on the slopes. My Mother, Brother and, Uncle. My wife most likely won't ski because she'll be taking care of our infant daughter. So if you see a guy at the base with a baby and an A&M hat that would be me.
HUEY04
AG
Headed to Telluride on Saturday morning, planning on skiing Sun, Mon then Wed, Thurs. I'm really hoping that snowfall forecast comes through, that would be perfect!
txaggie02
AG
My son and I had a phenomenal 5 days up at Winter Park. 5th year in a row and it's always been great!

JustPanda
AG
Looks like this will probs be our last season in the high country The COL has become WAY too much. My guess is that we will be moving to Tulum in September. Kinda bummed but also excited about the next chapter of life. Trying to figure out a way to keep our place here for some ski trips in the winter/spring but who knows.
TheVarian
AG
Booooooo, but also congrats! We are about to move there and I was hoping to support your shop next ski season.
Yesterday
AG
Tulip Mexico? Damn. From one beautiful place to the next. Well played!
JustPanda
AG
Yup. Luckily we all speak Spanish already. Now we need to figure out how to bring the cat/dog and if we're homeschooling the kids. Looking into possibly renting our place here April / October and keeping it for the ski season. We just sold our place in Ridgway, otherwise we'd probs of kept it as an AirBnB. Luckily we have my moms place in Bachelor Gulch if we need to scratch the ski itch.

Big thumbs down to bidenomics
smstork1007
AG
"Scratch the ski itch" haha, you ski like 50 billion vertical each year and now you're gonna go sit in the sand and watch the waves break. I'm glad you have a plan in place, or are getting one, but dang that's an extreme move from what seems like a passion of yours. Best of luck bro.
JustPanda
AG
I'm only at 1.3 million so far this season We're trying to decide if 20-30 days a year on the hill will cut it. That's still a solid number by most people's math but not the 100-120 that were used to each year. The biggest issue is probs going to be the kids ski club. They are all REALLY good and if they follow in mommas foot steps can probs get ski scholarships. I'd hate to take that away from them and I'd really hate to pay full tuition for 3 if they can ride for DU etc for free. We have a lot to think about between now and September. Luckily, it's picking between a mountain paradise and a beach paradise. Our same sized place there is 50% less than what we pay in GWS. That's $15,000 a year in savings that could go towards trips back etc. It also would mean only having 1 vs. 3 jobs.
smstork1007
AG
I totally get it, you gotta do what's best for you and the family, short and long term. Selfishly I'll have a house in BC before next ski season, so I'm hoping you will still be up there to share some local knowledge, both on and off mountain.
stroodles
AG
We have a large group headed to Purgatory skiing Monday-Thursday next week. Looks like we will be just in time for some great snow.
JustPanda
AG
I'd love to Where ya buying in BC? When I grew up there, BG didn't exist and Arrowhead was still a separate mountain. When we were cleaning out my dad's house, we found some 1992-1993 BC trail maps. You wouldn't even recognize it.
JustPanda
AG
Should be a great slide if you're a POW skier. Some people hate skiing powder but yeah 24+ inches Monday/Tuesday. Tuesday may be a fight w the conditions but Wednesday should be spectacular.
LRHF
AG
JustPanda said:

I'm only at 1.3 million so far this season We're trying to decide if 20-30 days a year on the hill will cut it. That's still a solid number by most people's math but not the 100-120 that were used to each year. The biggest issue is probs going to be the kids ski club. They are all REALLY good and if they follow in mommas foot steps can probs get ski scholarships. I'd hate to take that away from them and I'd really hate to pay full tuition for 3 if they can ride for DU etc for free. We have a lot to think about between now and September. Luckily, it's picking between a mountain paradise and a beach paradise. Our same sized place there is 50% less than what we pay in GWS. That's $15,000 a year in savings that could go towards trips back etc. It also would mean only having 1 vs. 3 jobs.

Maybe we can do a weeklong house swap next winter! It's nice to get out of town and find some a good beach (especially when you have bonefish and permit!).
Hoyt Ag
AG
I was looking to move this year but the company has asked I stay until the coal fire units are decommissioned in 2028. At that point I will get severance out.

I dont blame you for leaving, CO is getting to be so damn expensive. I cannot wait to leave but I have job security and need to get it while its good lol.

Best of luck to ya.
smstork1007
AG
BG. Yeah, i've been skiing BC since about then, not every year, but most, and the change has been pretty dramatic, but i'm only doing it for about a week at a time each year, maybe twice a year a handful of times. Will be nice to have a place and spend the bulk of the ski season up on the mountain, instead of the quick trips where you try to cram everything into a week.
stroodles
AG
Tuesday is the day I want to be on the mountain. My wife and kids may disagree, but ill be happy to ski by myself if they don't want to get out in it.
InfantryAg
AG
smstork1007 said:

I totally get it, you gotta do what's best for you and the family, short and long term. Selfishly I'll have a house in BC before next ski season, so I'm hoping you will still be up there to share some local knowledge, both on and off mountain.
Just need to add a visiting JP Suite and ski storage, to make that itch more scratchable for him.
smstork1007
AG
hahaha, might just have to make that happen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.