Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

209,860 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw that. I swear I've had the worst luck this year weather wise with all my trips. If only I could get back up next week with what looks like some snow coming back in.
InfantryAg
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Incredibly awesome day at Mt Ashland today and yesterday.

Went up with the whole family yesterday but got some solo skiing in today. Spring corn in the morning and slush later.

Mt Shasta in the background?
JustPanda
AG
Donny's Element - Just sent you back $811
RVR - Just sent you back like $350
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

Mini shedder making me laugh this last weekend. "No you cannot help me w my skis dad"

If my daughter ever sees that suit, I'm going to be forced to buy them. What brand is that?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
rather be fishing said:

JustPanda said:

Mini shedder making me laugh this last weekend. "No you cannot help me w my skis dad"

If my daughter ever sees that fart sack, I'm going to be forced to buy them. What brand is that?

Fify
maroon10
AG
Panda- Do you recall when the Ikon Pass $ bumps up? I am tempted to buy our base pass now for next season.
JustPanda
AG
Right! Isn't that fart suit the best? I can ask the boss where she found it.
Donnys Element
JustPanda said:

Donny's Element - Just sent you back $811
RVR - Just sent you back like $350
Thanks for the help! Beaver Creek was great
JustPanda
AG
27 inches expected at Vail Sunday - Next Friday
30 at BC
27 at Snowmass
15 at Keystone
16 at Breck
34 at WC
23 at Purg
34 at Telly
28 at SS

Heaviest Snow Sunday-Tuesday and next Thursday.
Jock 07
AG
Just got back from keystone, was warm but stuff loosened up as it warmed up. Snow wasn't nearly as bad as I was worried it'd be. Buddy of mine at Twentynine palms is trying to get permission from la jefa to fly out here for a couple days at vail next week. Really hoping he gets to come out to give me an excuse to get back up there next week.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
We are pulling into Breck Tuesday evening. Going to be an interesting trip. Will be my first time out in about 5 years and the older two boys are getting on skis for the first time ever (4 and 3 years old - coincidentally haven't been skiing since our oldest was born).

My wife is 32 weeks pregnant and will be hanging at the condo with our youngest (1). In laws in tow as well so say your prayers/send vibes/whatever because it's going to be a circus.

All in all though - we are super blessed to get the little guys on skis this early and I can't wait until they are zooming past me. I know your thoughts on Breck and that's all fair but here's to hoping they will take to it like ducks to water and we'll be branching out here soon and they'll be dragging me along
JustPanda
AG
Mad probs on getting them out when they're young. You should have a great time. Brecks a great spot to learn. The head of their ski school is one of my best friends. If you need me to discount your skis lmk.
Jock 07
AG
It's a great feeling being on a lift with your kid. Got my 7 year old really going this year and it's awesome. I can't wait for the day he's skiing better than me.
rather be fishing
AG
Our oldest is 5 and she's rocking it. Still having to work on her awareness of other people.

Our youngest is turning 3 in May and we've had her on the bunny slope a few times this year and will probably get her out another time or two. It's crazy how stable kids are almost immediately. Biggest thing is to not push them when they get tired and know that you're not going to get much time to do what you want to do. Give it a couple of years and they will be dragging you all over the place (see my 5yo in a rainbow tutu hitting the terrain park a couple of pages back).
JustPanda
AG
My wife's done the women's pro circuit and all of the crazy aerial freestyle stuff etc and she will still tell you her best time on skis/board is her time out on the hill w the kids. Doesn't matter if it's the bunny slope or a double black off the back. It's just an awesome feeling.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Remind me again what shop you're affiliated with? Now that we are getting the kids into it and planning on being more of an annual pursuit I would like to get on some demos and getting an idea of what I would want for that proverbial all mountain arrow in the quiver.

I mostly ski off piste/bowl terrain when I'm not hanging on the groomers with the family. Probably looking in the low 90 waist and 180-185 range.

Appreciate the offer on the discount but it's not about the money! You bring more value just by the discussion and knowledge than any discount on gear, would gladly pay a premium to know I was giving business to the right folks. And getting the kids out will be a trip but it's all about perspective! Could be digging ditches but we're skiing instead
Pasquale Liucci
AG
That's awesome dude. Total goals right there. Gives me something to look forward to
agdaddy04
AG
Up at keystone this week. Warm but beautiful. Rode the lift 16 times with my 6 year old today. Feel kind of embarrassed but it's the first time we've had her on the mountain. She did shredder lessons in Lafayette and has surprised me at how quickly she picked it up. Feeling much better now about doing quick day trips.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Jock 07 said:

It's a great feeling being on a lift with your kid. Got my 7 year old really going this year and it's awesome. I can't wait for the day he's skiing better than me.

Funny (ish) story from last week. Skiing last Wednesday at Santa Fe. My wife and kids had stopped skiing and headed to base and I was doing some runs with a neighbor and his 9 year old. Got a text from another neighbor who happened to be there to meet us mid-mountain for a beer. It was a beautiful afternoon, my knees hurt and I love an apres ski beer with friends (or strangers or solo) so when we get to mid-mountain I pull in. Neighbor #1 says his daughter wants to go down to the base and he'll be back in 10. I order two beers for Neighbor #1 and I.

I connect with my wife and she says the kids are fine and playing in the snow. Neighbor Wife #1 and her are having a beer at the base. Enjoy my beer and I'll see her in a bit. Being a dutiful husband I follow orders.

Shortly thereafter someone calls me to tell me that everyone's headed up (including kids) for an end of day beer. It starts dumping. While I'm hanging out outside waiting for them, Thundersnow. The two lifts near me that head up the mountain shut down, but the double that comes up from the base is still running. I'm hanging out outside in the snow trying to capture my wife, neighbors and kids coming up for happy hour in this blizzard.

The double from the base shuts down with people still on it. No one is answering their phones but I have beer(s) to still finish.
JustPanda
AG
Charter Sports
ChipFTAC01
AG
I patiently wait out in the snow for the lift to start back up. It doesn't. My beer starts to slush over. They call last call at the bar. Finally after like 10 minutes the lift starts back up. When I see my neighbors, wife and kids pull up they all are covered in snow.

I got a great video of my whole crew (including my 2 7-yesr olds) skiing up for happy hour. My daughter is frantic as she pulls up to get her out of her skis as she has to pee. Apparently the whole time she was stuck on the lift (with neighbor's wife) she was bursting at thr seams. My neighbor was debating if she could just hold her off the side of the lift for an aerial wee. I hurry inside and order 4 beers and 4 hot chocolates, kids play in the snow. Adults cap off a great day on the mountain. Pretty sure we got out Christmas card picture. And by the time we got to the base and got geared down it had cleared out, stopped snowing and easy drive down the mountain.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Just booked my rentals online next week (Tues - Fri). How are the Mindbender 90s for an all mountain ski? Little bit of snow in the forecast it looks like but I'll also be spending a lot time cruising the groomers with my wife's family when I can't sneak off to ski the bowls
JustPanda
AG
Send me the reservation information / # please
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Done. Thanks dude. In laws don't have ski rentals sorted out yet so I may rent theirs too but they're easy - fifty year old groomer cruising
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
We went up today but skied one run and left. Super windy with basically zero visibility. Going to try again tomorrow after church. Should be sunny and mostly calm.
JustPanda
AG
Beautiful sunny day thus far. Not seeing much for snow at the moment. Headed to iron mountain hot springs.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Powder day at Mt A today. Great conditions, though vis was tough T times since the clouds were rolling in and out.
Worked on fast cruiser blue laps with my daughter.
JustPanda
AG
15 new on top of 4 from yesterday at BC and still snowing. Wet and heavy but almost 2 new ft of powder and coverage.

RanchAg
AG
Hope it holds up for a few more days. Will be there this weekend for a late season ski.
idAg09
Going to Breckenridge this weekend!

Need two day basic ski rental for two adults and three kids. Not any serious skiing - is it Christy's or Charter the place to rent?
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Charter. Support panda the good Ag
JustPanda
AG
Snow expected everyday this week.

RanchAg
AG
I'll be in Vail but appreciate the response.
JustPanda
AG
Same snow forecast

Good News: 1150 chair lifts so far this season at Vail/BC.
Bad News: Pivoting career paths and won't be here next season.
RanchAg
AG
Hope the pivot is what you want. Stopping by the LSLN store on Friday to grab our rentals. I'll buy you a beer if you're around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.