Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

209,870 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can call around and see what people may have still sitting in the shelf from this past spring's sale. Your best best is to call around late Feb/March and ask after the season is winding down.

Where are you located?
bkag9824
AG
I'm in far west Houston.
rather be fishing
AG
JP - did you get my email?
JustPanda
AG
Yup calling Dave later today. The M are 40 inch waist. So just lmk if you want M or L.
JustPanda
AG
Next question: where would you be skiing next? If you're in Colorado (Keystone to Avon) I can mount those markers in like 10 minutes. I'll get a quote on the QSTs. If they come out at a decent price, I can get you on a setup that's better than what you paid at EVO for the same price or better. I'd put you in the pivot 14s vs the Marker 13s. With that ski, I think you'd be mind blown at the tech set you're bringing each day. That's a steezy ass setup my dude. Hella steezy.

One Question: Have you looked at the Elan Ripsticks?

So just looking online: This price is going to be really close to what I pay. I maybe a little cheaper but I'll have to throw in shipping.

If it was me, I'd wait until I hear back (should be soon - a hole sleeps all day (love him to death) because he's rich), and probs pull the trigger on these for $379.00 then let me get you the Pivot 14/15s. That puts you at an all in for like $525. Saves you like 12.5% and puts you on a SICK setup. I mean like F YEAH bro sick. That's normally a $1,000-$1,250 setup for $525.

https://skipro.com/products/salomon_qst_92_flat_ski?variant=41978597376177

Edit to add: He's actually giving me the Salomon pro login. So, I should be able to get them and any other Salomon binding etc.
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

Yup calling Dave later today. The M are 40 inch waist. So just lmk if you want M or L.
Awesome. That M should be ample room.
bkag9824
AG
Thanks for the help, JP.

I sent the Evo skis and bindings back, so would need both.

What's best way to contact you? My email is my username at hotmail.
JustPanda
AG
JustJHavens @ gmail.com

I'll lyk what I can get them for + shipping. It may be cheaper to get the skis from the link I provided earlier and the bindings from me. I'll lyk here shortly when I get access to Salomon online. I can book the bindings right now. Do you prefer the 14 or 15s? What color? Raw (silver), Gold or Forza
JustPanda
AG
About to call Dave. Just 3x checking - you want the Signature Droid Pants (come w the detachable zippered bib and suspenders). Sorry just want to make sure I have it right.

Does anyone else want a pair? They come out to $194.00 after tax. Usually they'd be $285 after tax and shipping. They won't go back on sale until after the end of the season and at that pint most will be gone,
JustPanda
AG
Rather be fishing - your order is in! I'll go pick it up next week (I may have Dave mail them me - kinda feeling lazy)
and have it in the mail hopefully by the end of next week. I'd love to get them to you before the 12/8 weekend to give you some early season reps before things get crazy for Christmas.

I'll shoot you an email when they're in the post along w the tracking info.

I talked to Dave and got him to throw in an extra 10% off. SO, everything is 40% off meaning $249 bibs are $172 after shipping and tax and the $319 jackets are like $217. Base layers are like $25 before S&T etc. Goggles too. Seriously, the bibs and jackets are the best you'll ever wear. Next level amazing.

Edited to add: If you want I can also get discounts on Smith, Swany, Hestra, Spy, 686, etc for helmets, goggles, gloves, etc. if you need ski equipment, please lmk before you pay full price

I saw the Smith I/O Mags for $99.99 which blew my mind.

I don't know how to add pictures, or I would.
Greeze06
AG
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! JP, I haven't rented skis yet for breck.....any skis on black friday that would be worth it instead of rental fee?
JustPanda
AG
Depends on how many days a year you ski. I'd first start with boots and then move to skis personally. I can get
you hella steals on both. If you're looking for just skis, I can get you on a SOLID set for less than $600.

Without knowing anything about you, the 2023-2024 Black Ops 98s w/Pivot 14s would be out the door for $498. That's a hella steal. Usually that's a $1,250 before tax setup.
Jock 07
AG
Just being curious here but what's everyone skiing on? Just got some Katana 191s toward the end of the year last year on sale and am really digging the width and stiffness. Wish I was able to get on the mountain often enough to justify expanding my quiver.
JustPanda
AG
Black Crows Camox 181 on Pivot 15s
Faction Mana 3.0 184 on Pivot 15s
Faction Candide 5.0 190 on Pivot 14s
Black Crow Atris 184 on Pivot 15s
Rossi Black Ops 182 on Pivot 14s
Atomic Bent Chetlers 184 on Pivot 15s

Next set I'm buying are the Faction LA MACHINE 5 MAX - 126 waist!

Edit to add: Kestle fx96
rather be fishing
AG
I picked up last season's Kendo 88 at a swap a month or so ago. Can't wait to get on them.
Jock 07
AG
Picked up some kendo's at a sniagrab 10 years ago and skied on them for the past decade and loved them. They were just a little narrower than what I needed. Of course I didn't really realize that til I demo'd some stuff and broke down and got the katanas for this year.
JustPanda
AG
The Kendos and Katanas are both great skis. Solid heavy drivers that can carve and still float surprisingly well for their waist and weight. I prefer them to the Nordica Enforcer line.
JustPanda
AG
What bindings are they on? Adjustable rental id assume?
Jock 07
AG
So we're headed up to vail for a few days end of Jan/beginning of Feb. trying to find childcare options for my twin 2 year olds. Are there any daycares at vail? I think Breck and maybe keystone have them IIRC.
JustPanda
AG
I can give some of my friends #s. They watch kids all the time. Good folks and probs wouldn't charge nearly what the sitter services cost.

I know someone that manages local a sitter service if you'd like to go that route though.

https://www.beavercreek.com/plan-your-trip/childcare.aspx

https://www.vailmanagement.com/vail-valley-guide/babysitting-vail

https://www.rockymountainsitters.net/

https://eaglevalleysitters.com/

https://vailsitters.com/

http://www.activitysitters.com/

I prefer not to give Vail Resorts my business if possible. The last 4 are all well known companies. 3 are local.

Jock 07
AG
Thanks, yea was hoping for a daycare like setting but thanks for the info on the services.
JustPanda
AG
The one in Beaver Creek is a daycare setting. My niece and nephew have been and loved it.
Jock 07
AG
Of course, I didn't even look at that link initially. Twin 2 year olds would get pretty pricey there, might have to stick with one of the services, thanks for the info
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

What bindings are they on? Adjustable rental id assume?

Marker Griffon
JustPanda
AG
Nice! Those and the Tyrolia Attack are the only rental bindings I'd say to keep. Nevermind! Sounds like a nice little setup. Probs an old rental demo set from the sounds of it. The Marker Griffon was the demo stock Marker binding for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 seasons. They're fantastic bindings though. Reallly great. So since they are 2021-2023, those are probably still really fresh w tight pins etc. Nice find That's probs a $1,000+ dollar set of sticks factory even w the rental bindings. If they aren't adjustable bindings then you REALLY hit the jackpot!
rather be fishing
AG
They are adjustable, but look like they're in really good shape.

I'm going to see how well the new boots do this year, might look at ones for next season.
JustPanda
AG
You'll need to adjust the DINs and the insole to match the insole of the boot. Super easy if you have a Phillips head. If you don't know where it should be, shoot me your height weight age and skier type.
LRHF
AG
Picked up some snow in Durango. Purg reported 13"

Jock 07
AG
No substantial snowfall in the extended forecast for summit or eagle from what I'm seeing. Hopefully the forecast for next weekends snow starts getting better throughout the week.
JustPanda
AG
Snowmass and Vail both got about 5 inches yesterday. 8-10 expected through next Tuesday starting Thursday night. Not a ton but better than nada.

Breck got 2 and expects 4 over 10 days. They haven't been getting much at all in Summit.

We're still at 1-4% opens so yeah we need a lot more before Xmas or that week into NY will be a **** show.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, the forecasts I were looking at was saying trace amounts for both vail and Avon. Didn't look at aspen snowmass
JustPanda
AG
I use Open Snow. Usually they're the most accurate.

Edit to add:

New forecast:

Telluride 14"
Snowmass 13"
BC 10"
Vail 8"
Breck 6"
Keystone 2"
RangerRick9211
AG
Direct to the source, i.e. GFS: https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?p=snku_acc-imp&fh=loop&dpdt=&mc=

Baker with a cool 85" forecasted over the next 15 days.

So far, CA Rockies took everyone's snow.
KaneIsAble
AG
Thread hijack a little.

I need to get my small kids new gear (clothing) before a trip in February. Where is the best couple of places to go in the Houston area?
LRHF
AG
KaneIsAble said:

Thread hijack a little.

I need to get my small kids new gear (clothing) before a trip in February. Where is the best couple of places to go in the Houston area?

Sun ski and sports comes to mind

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.