Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

209,884 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Panda, sending prayers your way. Sorry to hear about everything, if you need anything let us know.
Pahdz
Sorry to hear about your pops JP
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Prayers JP.
LRHF
AG
JustPanda said:

Yup. My dad just passed away today but I'll get to it sometime today soon. Send us some prayers if you guys and gals don't mind. Time to book my flight for muster.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, prayers heading your way
JustPanda
AG
To the person asking about a low cost ski hill, I'm not sure how I didn't think of it but Ski Cooper. You can fly into Denver and take 70 through Vail. Either stay in Minturn/Red Cliff/Leadville. Then I can help ya cut the cost one skis. That's a solid plan!

You can also go through Breck. It's only like 2 hours to DIA, you're skiing the continental divide años not staying in a ski town w mount Princeton hot springs, snow mobiles, fishing all right there at the Arkansas headwaters.

$69 kids ski lessons, or group lessons from $119 a person. $30 Thursdays. 6-14 are $70 day passes and 22+are $95. They're even less if you buy early.That's a solid deal. You could pickup your gear at one of our Breck shops.

JustPanda
AG
Sunlight in glenwood is a solid choice.
docb
AG
JustPanda said:

To the person asking about a low cost ski hill, I'm not sure how I didn't think of it but Ski Cooper. You can fly into Denver and take 70 through Vail. Either stay in Minturn/Red Cliff/Leadville. Then I can help ya cut the cost one skis. That's a solid plan!
Howelson Hill in Steamboat is free skiing on Sundays.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Powderhorn is pretty affordable
JustPanda
AG
Yeah - he's flying into Denver though so I think that'd be a stretch. Monarch is another possibility since you can take 285 but yeah.
SandmanAg
AG
JustPanda said:

35% off Minus33 w this code:

3P523-GNKUWP

If you guys want a code for Minus33 etc please lmk. Don't try to use the above code as it's a one time only use.

Would appreciate a code if you have one.

Thanks.
agracer
AG
CCred92 said:

agracer said:

Not skiing related, but anyone suggest a good snow mobile tour near winter park? Thinking of teaming a day off from skiing and doing that one day.
We always use Grand Adventures. .

Thanks. Wow, wasn't expecting $300 !
Hoyt Ag
AG
I mised the Denver part. If coming to GJT it is a no brainer for cheaper skiing
JustPanda
AG
Hella hot today in the high country. Little something expected south but both much and not much elsewhere. Shaping up for a icy next 10. It's WARM. I'm in a tank top and sandals in Glenwood.
ccag02
AG
That stinks! I am heading up next Wednesday and noticed the warm days ahead. Will they make snow at night or just try to groom what they have.

I assume it will be icy first thing in the morning?
MAS444
AG
Yall hear about the snowboarder who died in avalanche near Ophir? He survived the actual avalanche, dug his way out and hiked a short distance. They knew he was missing the evening of but didn't find him till morning when they got choppers up. Guessing that means he didn't have a beacon or other way to alert his location. Sad.
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

Hella hot today in the high country. Little something expected south but both much and not much elsewhere. Shaping up for a icy next 10. It's WARM. I'm in a tank top and sandals in Glenwood.
Forecast high for Monday 51 here
JustPanda
AG
Means rock hard mornings that then turn over and eventually become mashed potatoes.

They will be making snow if the forecast makes sense. I'd assume they'd be making it as the nighttime low is still really cold. That's what makes it icy. The warm days and cold nights.
Jock 07
AG
Damn, headed to keystone with the boy to ski with his cousin coming up from TX tomorrow and Friday, but I'm more concerned about my Vail trip next week where I'll finally be able to break free to ski on my own while he's in ski school.

Sorry to hear about your father JP.
Tecolote
AG
JustPanda said:

Means rock hard mornings that then turn over and eventually become mashed potatoes.

They will be making snow if the forecast makes sense. I'd assume they'd be making it as the nighttime low is still really cold. That's what makes it icy. The warm days and cold nights.
In my youth, my generation called it Slurpee skiing.
Yesterday
AG
Did he freeze to death? The snow boarder in the avalanche?
JustPanda
AG
Sounds like he unburied from the slide but then succumbed to injuries sustained from the slide before he was found.
JustPanda
AG
These conditions are really perfect for a purple and yellow combo mix wax with a little graphite (black). All season wax for the morning with a little warm coat to cut the crude.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I'm guessing he froze to death. He was able to unbury and hike some distance after - but not found till next day.
JustPanda
AG
Soo I had some last minute cancellations for friends coming up to ski next week. If anyone wants to come up between 1/28 - 2/4 and stay in Beaver Creek please lmk. I should have 2-3 bedrooms empty and 3 bunk beds. No charge.

I can get skis comped too and depending on your size (medium or smaller) probs have gear that would fit. You just gotta get here.
ags4rocks
AG
Man that's sounds awesome. I just had to reschedule an event because of weather last week or I would take you up on this!
JustPanda
AG
The bunk beds are great if you want to bring kids too. Always stoked for mini shedders to get out there.

And I got 10 buddy passes at $181 a day if people don't have passes.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Very cool offer! Little far for me from Oregon but wish I could make it.

This warm atmospheric river that is coming through in early feb could really eff up an already terrible season for the PNW.
rather be fishing
AG
JP,
I'm probably going to invest in some new Hestra gloves before next season. I've been wearing mittens with individual finger slots this season and enjoying the mitt shape quite a bit. What Hestra model would you recommend? I want to have enough room to comfortably wear them with the Burton globe liners I have.
JustPanda
AG
Fall Line are my favs.

You can get them in gloves mittens or crab claws. I have each and wear my Burton liners under w no issues.
Pahdz
These are the ones I have and they're plenty warm here in MN and easy to pull the fingers in on the lift to keep them warmer in a fist

https://www.hestragloves.us/army-leather-heli-ski-3-finger-black
JustPanda
AG

maroon10
AG
The flu hit our home this week; 2/5 sick. We leave Tuesday for Hayden. Cutting it close and praying no one else gets it!
MAS444
AG
Winter weather advisory for Ouray County. Expecting 5 - 10 inches. Hoping that means Telluride gets some one county over.
Yesterday
AG
maroon10 said:

The flu hit our home this week; 2/5 sick. We leave Tuesday for Hayden. Cutting it close and praying no one else gets it!

4/5 got it in our household. Thought I was done Monday but fever came back.
maroon10
AG
Damn! I'm worried the others will get it when we're there. Tempted to push trip out- just never know.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.