Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

209,930 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your discount is in the system.
JustPanda
AG
Your discount is in the system.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Dude awesome thanks. You didn't have do to that. Much appreciated
RanchAg
AG
Thanks brotha!
idAg09
Pasquale Liucci said:

Charter. Support panda the good Ag
Ski rental booked at Charter! Main Street location is connected to the Hyatt I'm staying at so really convenient. Looking forward to it
JustPanda
AG
Send me the reservation #. Usually starts with RX
idAg09
JustPanda
AG
Done - gave you 1/2 off
idAg09
JustPanda said:

Done - gave you 1/2 off

Oh wow that's awesome, thanks man!
rather be fishing
AG
JP, you going to be giving snorkling gear discounts in Tulum next summer?
RangerRick9211
AG
I had to scroll the page 2 for this.

Spring break must be over in TX.

Another blue bird on the volcano this weekend. I have a gravel race in Bend next week, so skiing Bach. Looks like winter makes a return.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Just dropped those M Frees off a few hours ago. Had a hell of a trip and enjoyed some awesome weather. Thanks again for the hook up, they handled exactly as advertised and were great for everything from 6 inches of powder in the bowls and glades to cruising groomers with the family. Super responsive but still stable at speed
Jock 07
AG
Pasquale Liucci said:

Just dropped those M Frees off a few hours ago. Had a hell of a trip and enjoyed some awesome weather. Thanks again for the hook up, they handled exactly as advertised and were great for everything from 6 inches of powder in the bowls and glades to cruising groomers with the family. Super responsive but still stable at speed

Cursory google search, those look pretty sweet. Were they the 108s? I'd love to try those out sometime to compare to my Katanas.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
They were the 99s, 179 length. You wanna talk about playful? I couldn't believe it. The only downside I would say is they start to complain a little on an edge at speed, just don't have the stiffness, but they were a hell of an all mountain ski.

I took them everywhere from high bowls with fresh powder to steep narrow glades with bumps to carving on the groomers (powder, crud, and fresh corduroy) and they never were overmatched

I want to get on something with similar waist and profile but a little stiffer to compare but would absolutely buy those as an all mountain ski
JustPanda
AG
It'll be in the mid to low 50s here this week Wednesday - Friday. Probs will be about the last week I go out.

Pivoting from Winter to Summer now. 26 days until Mexico. I was laid off from my main job on Monday at Vacasa (they want us to work through the middle of June - wishful thinking). I made it through 4 rounds of layoffs but this last one finally caught me. So now it's 99.99% that we will be in MX this upcoming winter. Universe made that decision easy lol.

Probs gonna try to focus on personal training and yoga and wellness coaching. Excited to see what's in store for us.

Guess now I'll trade ski lessons for job leads ROFL.
Yesterday
AG
JustPanda said:

It'll be in the mid to low 50s here this week Wednesday - Friday. Probs will be about the last week I go out.

Pivoting from Winter to Summer now. 26 days until Mexico. I was laid off from my main job on Monday at Vacasa (they want us to work through the middle of June - wishful thinking). I made it through 4 rounds of layoffs but this last one finally caught me. So now it's 99.99% that we will be in MX this upcoming winter. Universe made that decision easy lol.

Probs gonna try to focus on personal training and yoga and wellness coaching. Excited to see what's in store for us.
Sorry to hear that! Hope it all works out in the end...it usually does and for the better! You've been a huge asset to fellow Aggie skiers.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Sorry to hear that dude… glad you have some direction as to where you want to go next. You've been a huge help and this thread has been an awesome follow. Reach out if you ever need anything
smstork1007
AG
JustPanda said:

Guess now I'll trade ski lessons for job leads ROFL.
It's a shame you can't do those things with a small studio there in BC or Vail area? Or is that market already to saturated? Have that going on 8 months, and then the ski stuff the other 4.
LRHF
AG
Telluride Update-

DONT… absolutely terrible today. We drove over from Durango to use up some days on our T- Card with neighbors. It's the day my wife had off and evidently it's been super warm for the last few days. The courdaroy is solid ice and no chance of warming up for spring conditions today.

We've made 2 runs and going to head to Ouray or Silverton to **** off the rest of the day.

Sorry to read your news Panda. It may be a gift, more time to plan for Mexico?! Been there and done that… was 3 years ago for me.
rather be fishing
AG
Took the whole family up to Schweitzer Sunday. Kids did the egg hunt and then the oldest and I made a couple laps while my wife worked with the youngest on the magic carpet and then did Easter brunch at the lodge. Pretty nice day. Would have been cool to make the sunrise service but there was no chance of us making it up there in time.

JP - do you have a discount on Hestra? Also, what's your professional expertise? My wife work for a business services consulting company and is entirely remote. They are primarily accounting and HR.
JustPanda
AG
Accounting, Bookkeeping, AR/AP.
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

Accounting, Bookkeeping, AR/AP.

If you're interested, feel free to email me your resume and I'll pass it to her. She isn't sure if they are looking to hire right now but can forward your resume to her boss.
maroon10
AG
Anyone know when the price goes up on the Ikon pass for next year?
rather be fishing
AG
maroon10 said:

Anyone know when the price goes up on the Ikon pass for next year?
From my email, looks like April 18 it increases $110. I don't know if that's only for existing pass holders, only for our local hill, or what.

I only purchased a season pass for myself and my daughter on our local hill, but it had to route through Ikon this year.
JustPanda
AG
Little note: when you return ski boots, please buckle them.
Yordaddy
AG
Breck was fun today. Little slushy in the afternoon but good enough for this novice
JustPanda
AG
Super windy yet? It's brutal in GWS so it's headed your way.
MAS444
AG
Any advice for the end of season pond skim?

(Not doing it this year but would like to one of these years)
Yordaddy
AG
Yeah its coming for sure!
JustPanda
AG
Ski it like powder, lean slightly back and ski tips elevated. That's what keeps you from going head over toes when the surface changes from snow to water.
JustPanda
AG
Not a good forecast if you're planning on skiing today.

In Summit, now they're forecasting 20-25mph sustained winds today through Sunday night w gusts anywhere between 45-55mph. If those numbers hold, they will likely be in a delayed open for some chairs or a total close out depending on how the winds are funneling over the face.

Not to mention the feels like temp will be -14 to -7. That's insane for April.

Some really crazy news: Red Rocks forecasting 100+ mph winds tonight. They actually cancelled the performance tonight due to the forecasted winds.

Edit to add: PLEASE COVER UP IF YOURE GOING OUT TODAY. A feels like -15 to -7 w 20-25mph sustain winds will not only wind burn the F outta you, but any exposed skin will be frostbit in less than an hour.

A snow level at 3600-4500 ft will also mean it's going to be a virtual grey out / white out/ flat light through Sunday afternoon so know that going in.
Jock 07
AG
Yea I think I saw we're expecting 50 sustained with gusts up to 70 down here in the springs today.
Yesterday
AG
That's crazy. A bit windy in DFW today but nothing crazy
JustPanda
AG
Did anyone go out yesterday? If so, did you survive? Sounds like it was absolutely atrocious out there yesterday.

Headed to highlands closing day today. Weather is much much better .
Yordaddy
AG
Skied Breck again. It was really windy and seemed like 1/2 of lifts were closed at times. Sun peeked out in the afternoon for a bit. Started DUMPING snow again by the time we hit the hot tubs and continued until we went to bed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.