Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

209,867 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My cousin lives there and guarantee he'd ski w you. He's REALLY REALLY REALLY good though. He's a Pajarito local and has been ripping it for almost 40 years.
JustPanda
AG
If anyone in SS needs help w their passes because of the weather, please lmk. One of my good friends is the manager of Pass/Service Sales.
StockHorseAg
AG
That would be slick if I'm able to make it up there. I have to check with the wife to make sure I don't have any other commitments that Saturday. I bet I can keep up with him if I have the right skis for the conditions. I'm sure I'd learn a lot from him as well.
JFABNRGR
AG
70 sucks right now.
JustPanda
AG
Looks like there's a stoppage right after Eisenhower. Left lane closed eastbound between 218 and 221. That's the only things currently showing as a slowdown.

JustPanda
AG
70 west bound has no accidents but it's backed way up w people trying to get up here and 18 wheelers that were held until 12:00 today. That's gonna be a slow drive up from Denver. East bound should clear out once that wreck clears. It looks like it's almost a total closure though. Not much getting through eastbound.
JFABNRGR
AG
We made it to Denver could have been worse. Westbound looked like eastbound after ski day on a Sunday.

It opened up after the spot shown in the pic above. We bypassed that on 221.
JustPanda
AG
Did you exit Baker and take that all the way into Idaho Springs? That's how we usually avoid that portion of 70.
LRHF
AG

oldag941
AG
Bluebird in steamboat. Great conditions. Slow to open the top but good now.

JustPanda
AG
I'll be at the BC Charter Sports on Tuesday/Wednesday through the EOS. Come say hi!

Preorders for next season need to be in ASAP. Bindings I can get year round but skis need to go in now for Oct shipping.

Boots I can get year round. Not sure what inventory looks like at the moment. Just picked my brother up the Lange 130 LVs. He's taking them to Surefoot for all the fixings. Saved him $500.
JustPanda
AG
Got to ski w 91 year old on oxygen today. I want to be him. He even tossed back a Baileys. Such an inspiration.

Edit to add: Broke 1.75 million vertical today. 2 million in 4 weeks. Psh! Ay ay ay!
JustPanda
AG
Largest snowfall in Douglas County since March 2003. That storm hit when I was a Senior in HS. I remember it vividly. Nederland reported 55 inches. Eldora 51.
JustPanda
AG
CDOT ticketed 12 CMV for not using chains. What a joke. I think I saw 12 CMV not using chains in the 100 miles I drove….
rather be fishing
AG
Most likely going to make it out Sunday. Forecast high of 55 degrees.
Pahdz
One of my coworkers just got back from there. I had never heard of the place until this thread and before he left he told me where he was going and was excited for him based on comments read here.

He said it lived up to the hype!
Yesterday
AG
Our view just east of the tunnel around 9am. Got home to Southlake in 13.5 hours. With three kids and a wife that's pretty good.

RGRAg1/75
AG
Kiddos have been ripping BC last couple of days. VERY warm after 1400L last 48 hours, but having a good time nonetheless.
JustPanda
AG
I'll be up in BC/BG today. If you see me, give me a shout. Kinda hard to miss in a camo vest and bright black and yellow skis. I can also get ya a free belt wax if the skis need a little refresher.
RGRAg1/75
AG
We'll be in the look out for ya. Pretty icy out this morning so that wax may be necessary!
docb
AG

Skied the new terrain today. I'm getting too old to be doing this!
JustPanda
AG
Super warm today through Wednesday then COLD Sunday - next Tuesday. Heavy snow expected that Monday - Tuesday (next week). Headed up to Steamboat till Tuesday morning.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Any discount on 4frnt skis?
ChipFTAC01
AG
JustPanda said:

Totally just guessing but probs like $325-375. Maybe a little less. Probs like all in after tax for like $450-500 w Pivot 14s and add an extra $30 for 15s. They are our biggest supplier.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this if you can help. Been looking around at smaller brands but I was really happy with these and if I'm not going to demo a ton of skis then I should just go with these.
JustPanda
AG
PM me the specs
ChipFTAC01
AG
JustPanda said:

PM me the specs

Done. Thanks
rather be fishing
AG
Awesome day but definitely need to wax. Mashed potatoes for everyone out there. 59 degrees at the moment.
Jock 07
AG
rather be fishing said:

Awesome day but definitely need to wax. Mashed potatoes for everyone out there. 59 degrees at the moment.

Tuesday gonna be rough.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
StockHorseAg said:

Pajarito has gotten 14in so far and is forecasting 29 more in the next five days. If I can find a local friend who wants to take a day trip up there with me next Saturday morning I'd go.

You in albuquerque? I can't ski next weekend but i could probably take a day off this week if you want to play hooky and run up
RangerRick9211
AG
Bluebird the entire weekend on the volcano.

Corn early to slush. I might skip out on a bit of work tomorrow for more solo-laps.
Jock 07
AG
Any CO reports from today? Headed up to keystone in the morning, hoping everything loosens up pretty quick.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Was at Breckenridge yesterday, groomed runs were pretty fine all day. Non-groomers were rough aside from the few runs that face north and stay shaded by the trees.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Incredibly awesome day at Mt Ashland today and yesterday.

Went up with the whole family yesterday but got some solo skiing in today. Spring corn in the morning and slush later.

JustPanda
AG
Super warm tomorrow.
JustPanda
AG
Mini shedder making me laugh this last weekend. "No you cannot help me w my skis dad"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.