Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

209,856 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anything in this site you guys want I can get like 30-40% off

https://www.outdoorprolink.com

I also just got my new dynafit pro deal in too.
ags4rocks
AG
Do you have to sign up to shop?
JustPanda
AG
Just let me know what you'd like and I can get you a price. Easiest if it's one big order but I can do a couple smaller too. They will just ship to me and then to you or send directly to you if it's large enough.

My next minus33 code comes in next thursday.

Still haven't heard from my virtika guy. I'll call him today.
rather be fishing
AG
JP, do you have any other aggregate sites like Outdoor Prolink? I qualify for them because of my job so I got signed up and approved.
JustPanda
AG
ExpertVoice but you already have that one. Outdoor Pro is the hidden gem because it gets hit a lot less than EV. I just saved or cost you a ton of money

Now you can tell your wife "but it's on sale".

Finally got my Salomon, Atomic, Armada code!
JustPanda
AG
Can't find my marker code - any other brand or model you'd like to price? If you go with the Pivot 15s in 115 you'd be all in before tax and shipping at $534.98 vs. $1,178.95 so just about 55% off MSRP.

Only 9 sets left in a 173….

JustPanda
AG
Not sure if you an get into this one without an invitation:

https://www.amersportsproclub.com/en-us
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

I submitted an application, we'll see what happens.
JustPanda
AG
CO Ski Hill Update 1/25/24

Last 24 / Last 5 / Next 5 / Next 10 / Base / Open

Keystone: 3 / 5 / 1 / 2 / 44 / 87
Breck: 1 / 6 / 2 / 5 / 48 / 83
Vail: 0 / 0 / 0 / 5 / 60 / 92
Beaver Creek: 0 / 1 / 0 / 3 / 43 / 89
Snowmass: 0 / 1/ 2 / 6 / 45 / 87
Steamboat: 1 / 5 / 0 / 2 / 81 / 99
Purgatory: 0 / 5 / 1 / 14 / 36 / 90
Telly: 0 / 1 / 3 / 11 / 38 / 86
Wolf Creek: 7 / 12 / 2 / 16 / 56 / 100
maroon10
AG
Boo no snow
InfantryAg
AG
any opinions on the Armada Shift bindings?
CREAg87
AG
Mt. Hood Meadows today

Keep your rifle by your side
Jock 07
AG
At keystone today, making laps with my son and his cousin on schoolmarm. I was able to sneak away up to the new bowl they just opened this year. Was pretty thin in a lot of spots but if you're paying attention it wasn't too bad. Can't wait to finally make it to Vail next week, even if not under ideal conditions.

Not sure where that emoji icon came from.
jpb1999
AG
Any goggle recs that won't break the bank?
Pahdz
If you're at a dead end with your Virtika rep let me know if they have some bibs on there.
ChipFTAC01
AG
jpb1999 said:

Any goggle recs that won't break the bank?

I've been really happy with my Sun Gods
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
JustPanda said:

Can't find my marker code - any other brand or model you'd like to price? If you go with the Pivot 15s in 115 you'd be all in before tax and shipping at $534.98 vs. $1,178.95 so just about 55% off MSRP.

Only 9 sets left in a 173….

Holy crap. That is literally like half the price of my local shop.

Pivot 15s would be awesome actually. I might just grab a pair of those new Daymaker Tekadapters for the little amount of touring I plan on doing.

Does it ship direct to me? No sales tax in Oregon, so that would be ideal.

Thanks again for looking into that for me. Just got off the mountain. Did some night skiing with my 5 year old before this warm rain comes through next week.
JustPanda
AG
They are solid but I personally prefer the dynafit ST rotation 14 or Radical. Armada and Salomon are the same company so the difference between their equipment is minimal. Most people don't know that one
JustPanda
AG
SPY+ has some great low cost frames and lens combos. Glade as well. Anon is another solid one.

Make sure you get a high light and a low light lens.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Glade has some pretty nice ones for decent pricing.

I have several sets of the Outdoor Master ones on Amazon that I use for guests since they go on sale for $30-$40 pretty often. They work fine in bluebird days. Where you'll find most cheap goggles/lenses struggle is in low light and low visibility days. They also will struggle in a heavy snow/rain day as they won't shed the precip as well because they don't use the coatings that the more expensive Smith or Oakley goggles do.

At least that has been my experience.
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

Got rejected from Amer but did get approved for Expert Voice.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Pahdz said:

our entire family has this bag in different colors. It's not a super known brand but they're awesome and have held up being checked on flights multiple times

Unigear Ski Boot Bag, 50L Ski Boot Travel Backpack for Ski Helmet, Goggles, Gloves, Skis, Snowboard & Accessories https://a.co/d/0bpqp7Z

On a whim this morning (mainly because I didn't want to do work) I packed this bag to see how it carries. Very happy with it. Was room to shove an iPad in with my pants still not sure about my laptop. I unfortunately have to do a big presentation in the middle of my trip in a few weeks. Thanks for the rec.
Pahdz
Nice, glad you like it! My only (very) minor complaint is the way it carries with the skis in the straps on the side. Only time we've ever done that was dropping off my daughter's gear at school on Friday's for ski club.

I've done the laptop thing before, just put it behind my boots. Just have to be careful, maybe add another layer in there.
RangerRick9211
AG
Have you been in Hood River the past week? The ice storm was no joke. Weren't you heading to Bach next?

We're getting over Covid, but hope to ski this Sunday at Meadows. Been a bummer month between work travel, the wind/ice/tree induced home damage and now Covid.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
That ice storm was crazy. We wound up making it to Bluey Live last week in Eugene, but it got postponed. It was pretty wild driving through the area and seeing all the downed trees and power poles.

Hope your home made it out okay or you are able to get it repaired asap!
rather be fishing
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

That ice storm was crazy. We wound up making it to Bluey Live last week in Eugene, but it got postponed. It was pretty wild driving through the area and seeing all the downed trees and power poles.

Hope your home made it out okay or you are able to get it repaired asap!
That damn ice storm screwed us up. We were supposed to go see Bluey in Spokane on Thursday and it got postponed to Monday of this week because they could get to Spokane. So I made 2 round trips to Spokane in 5 days.

It worked out though. Kids got to go ice skating for the first time.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Ah, we saw Bluey on Wednesday (originally scheduled for Tuesday). The reasoning they gave for not postponing it further was because they had to get to Spokane on Thursday. Funny that they wound up postponing that show anyways!
CREAg87
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Have you been in Hood River the past week? The ice storm was no joke. Weren't you heading to Bach next?

We're getting over Covid, but hope to ski this Sunday at Meadows. Been a bummer month between work travel, the wind/ice/tree induced home damage and now Covid.
I was there on Wednesday night. Nothing of note minus the snow on the ground. I really enjoyed pFriem Family Brewers- great beers and excellent food.

I am in Bend now but held off on skiing again. Meadows was brutal on Thursday, easily 3x times harder than the last time I was there. I was skiing into the wind and wintry mix the entire time and the run conditions were messy in places.
Keep your rifle by your side
wessimo
AG
Nice day at Brighton today.
HUEY04
AG
So what does the crystal ball say about conditions in Telluride at the end of the month? Heading there the last week of Feb and it seems all of the latest reports are that their base depth is lagging way behind everywhere else even after a lot of snowfall a couple weeks back.
JustPanda
AG
3 inches in the last 24 and 15 inches expected next Friday - Tuesday.

Sunday - Thursday of this week highs will be in the upper 30s so that's not good. They will need that snowfall. They are on a 38 inch base which is like 80% of average at this point in the season. No way to tell what late Feb will look like at this point. Overall, it's been a warm season. Not normally 39 in Telly in late January.

Not sure about Telly, but it's been melting off HARD here the last couple of days. Its been REALLY warm.

Edit to add: Vail is supposed to be 43 on Wednesday. So spring skiing conditions for a least a couple of days next week before the snowfalll hits.
Ikanizer
AG
Some of you might find this interesting.
https://www.codos.org/codosupdates/jan262024
maroon10
AG
High in the boat next Wed/Thur is 42. Can't recall the last time I've gone out when it was that warm…but I guess kids won't complain about being cold. Of course we leave Sunday when the next snowfall hits.
Jock 07
AG
JustPanda said:

Edit to add: Vail is supposed to be 43 on Wednesday. So spring skiing conditions for a least a couple of days next week before the snowfalll hits.

Just in time for me to get there. Lucky me.
JustPanda
AG
I think Friday night - Sunday morning are the heaviest days predicted for SS. Saturday night os the heaviest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.