Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

209,864 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RangerRick9211
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll be keeping an eye on next Saturdays forecast as we're supposed to leave Telly early and drive to ABQ
Yesterday
AG
Hope you're ready for the Texas invasion Panda. Me and 10,000 other white SUV's are heading your way! We're an hour east of Amarillo.
JustPanda
AG
Haha they're already pulling in. Trying to catch some laps early.
JustPanda
AG
6+ inches expected each day Wed - Saturday night. Be careful.
JustPanda
AG
I think TX is already here. Breck going full blown Breck early. 30+ minute Quicksilver SC since open. That's like 4 runs + lifts right now at Vail.

LRHF
AG
Yesterday said:

Hope you're ready for the Texas invasion Panda. Me and 10,000 other white SUV's are heading your way! We're an hour east of Amarillo.

The Texas invasion is a ton of fun! We are doing the Santiago invasion this evening. Ready to come back to some fresh snow!
Hoyt Ag
AG
Yesterday said:

WEAR YOUR MASK!!!
JustPanda
AG
I'd def wear a gaiter or you'll be burned like a crisp in this sun. I'm in a tank top.
TheVarian
AG
It's warm today
JustPanda
AG
Purple and black or maybe even yellow purple and black wax kinda sun
JustPanda
AG
Yeah I'm gonna go run some park laps w my niece and nephew. I'll be in a T shirt and maybe a light hoodie. It's WARM in the sun.
ChipFTAC01
AG
JustPanda said:

I think TX is already here. Breck going full blown Breck early. 30+ minute Quicksilver SC since open. That's like 4 runs + lifts right now at Vail.

JustPanda
AG
Brought extras just in case the lifts back up.

JustPanda
AG
Lifts are empty. Snow is amazing. Almost been run into 2 times on runs. Life is good.

Mean while at Breck… Finally down to 14 minute wait.

2wealfth Man
AG
What is y'alls opinion on trying Crested Butte the last week of March. They have a 70 inch base and that mountain is at a pretty high elevation.
rather be fishing
AG
Future terrain park rat in the making.

JustPanda
AG
How do you add videos!

I can teach you how to file down edges so they don't stick on rails Looks like a natural.

Edit to add: that's the equivalent of us rocking like a 15 foot kicker. She only hits the brakes once right before she goes over, too. That's brave for a first timer.
JustPanda
AG
Probs will be super spring conditions but you won't be on rocks probs just gonna hafts stay on groomers unless you time it right. Might be icy depending on the overnight lows. That's usually about the last weekend of decent snow but you never know. Any day on the hill is better than a day off it.
jwoodmd
rather be fishing said:

Future terrain park rat in the making.

That's super cool and love to see that kind of confidence. Kids are amazing in what does and doesn't scare them - my oldest daughter is the same way. And example was she'd been flying since she was a baby so not new to planes, but one time on a flight the plane hit massive turbulence for about 20 minutes. People were screaming, crying, vomiting, yet my daughter at 5 years old was letting out these deep belly laughs and kept yelling "more, more, this is so cool". Let's just say, others didn't find it so amusing.
rather be fishing
AG
I googled gif converter, uploaded it there, downloaded it to my phone, then used imgbb to host it. There's probably a better converter to cut out part of that process.

I had to trim that video down cause I hopped off the side of that jump and just about ate it because I want looking when I landed.

Here's her first run:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4TZT-YP-U3/?igsh=dnE0YXFqdjNocmF0

For some reason I can't get Instagram posts to load correctly.
JustPanda
AG
Trade you ski lessons for technology lessons.
JustPanda
AG
Snow forecast for the upcoming week has been downgraded significantly in southern Colorado. 70 corridor numbers staying about the same.

Now expecting:
18 Tuesday - Sunday at Telly (down from 27)
19 at Purg (down from 29)
17 at WC (down from 33)
6 at SS
11 at Breck
10 Keystone
12 snowmass
8 at BC
10 at Vail

Edit to add: it's gonna be COLD and probs ICY in the mornings. Mid to high 30s to low 40s during the day and middle teens at night are textbook refreeze conditions. If it's not a powder morning, probs a good idea to let the sun hit things for a bit before you slide them. Unless it's fresh groomed, then it'll be super fast and hard.

Edit to add: I won't be into Vail until later today. I've had a bunch of stuff fall into my lap here in GWS.
Yesterday
AG
Drinking a Hazy on the Patio in Avon. I was sun tanning there for a little while.
JustPanda
AG
It's BLAZING out today. It's like 50 in glenwood but that feels like 80 with the elevation.
Yesterday
AG
Going to be crunchy as hell tomorrow.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My tracker for today. Gotta love teaching kids how to ski.
southtexasag
AG
Was a great day today in BC, kids all had a blast in ski school and grown ups had a great time skiing! Fantastic start to our trip.
Jock 07
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I know the feeling. Been lapping schoolmarm early in the season and now more of the same blue runs with my 7 year old. I keep telling myself it'll pay off soon. Will have my twins who turn 3 next year.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Jock 07 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

I know the feeling. Been lapping schoolmarm early in the season and now more of the same blue runs with my 7 year old. I keep telling myself it'll pay off soon. Will have my twins who turn 3 next year.

We hit the jackpot today. Wife and kids had a group lesson today. They had a great lesson last year with a great young instructor. My daughter loved her and has been asking all winter "Are we going to have Marissa again?" Tried to set expectations that wasn't going to happen. And sure enough, she walked right up. My son rocked it but my daughter found her legs and was doing really well by the end of the day.
MAS444
AG
JP (or anyone else)-

Any input on Stockli Stormrider 88s? Testing them tomorrow - they're on sale for 650 @ Bootdoctors Telluride, which they say is a great deal. I'm an intermediate mainly groomers skier but hoping to get better at more challenging runs.
JustPanda
AG
It's a great ski. It's heavy but a really good ski. 88 under waist is a good all mountain waist but it won't hold up in powder super well. 6+ inches all you'll be sinking. That's a great price though. Are they on rental bindings or fresh? If they're on rental bindings which ones and if they have been used before, how do the bottoms look?
RGRAg1/75
AG
Sent ya a PM. Heading up to BC later this week.
rather be fishing
AG
Hoping to sneak in some turns Wednesday morning. TBD. 6-12" in the forecast between now and then.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Snuck out this morning with my little one before work. 4" of fresh from Sunday. Conditions were great but wind started picking up at 11. Steady 35 mph with gusts of 50 mph. It wasn't too terrible in the trees and my kid is finally good enough to get in the trees with me to stay out of it. Had to drag her off the mountain kicking and screaming, which is all I can ask for as a dad.

Spring skiing this weekend… high of 51 (!!) on the mountain. Looks like another front is coming middle of next week.
RangerRick9211
AG
53 deg. forecast on Hood this Sunday. Bring on the spring corn.

We'll dry out most of the week, so it's beginning to look a lot like MTB season as well. Talking to my girl, we're Daddy Daughter Donut solo day all weekend and staying over in Hood River. So Post Canyon on the bike and then Meadow's cruising in the afternoon. I freaking love weekend setups like this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.