***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

221,350 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't seem like you understood the tie in on the initial post, that's all. No worries.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Does Ivermectin make you retain water though?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Not really and no.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Wouldn't take congratulations from that dementia-riddled clown.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The question really should be why anyone who like sci-fi hasn't read Dune a long time ago. Not you TC, I know you can't read.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Wouldn't take congratulations from that dementia-riddled clown.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
And... back to Dune please
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Seriously, though, I thought that featurette I posted above was awesome, but apparently no one else did, haha. So much cool footage, and a great overview. I'm trying to keep the Dune content coming! And I'm not even a book reader (literally, Fat Bib was right... I do not, in fact, know how to read).
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The book is fantastic ; the audio book is great too (same words obviously but the narrator is good), if you truly are not a big reader. I audiobook a lot on my commute and with audible and Kindle it syncs to your last location whether you're listening or reading.
TCTTS
AG
I actually do read quite a bit (especially for work), but because this is Denis Villeneuve, I'm just saving my "first time" for the screen. Will likely read the book at some point after. All good to know, though, thanks.
Sapper Redux
htownag08
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

The book is fantastic ; the audio book is great too (same words obviously but the narrator is good), if you truly are not a big reader. I audiobook a lot on my commute and with audible and Kindle it syncs to your last location whether you're listening or reading.
Second this - just listened to it in advance of the movie - fantastic job by the narrator.
tamusc
AG
htownag08 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Second this - just listened to it in advance of the movie - fantastic job by the narrator.
Thirded. I hadn't read the book in years and decided to give the audiobook a listen before the movie to refresh it in my mind and it's great. It has a full cast of narrators and a good, subtle music score.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
I dont know if other people familiar with the book feel the same way, but outside of the trailers I dont really have a need to consume any content before the movie comes out. I already know the story is amazing. Could be why no one really replied to your links?
TombstoneTex
AG
PatAg said:

I dont know if other people familiar with the book feel the same way, but outside of the trailers I dont really have a need to consume any content before the movie comes out. I already know the story is amazing. Could be why no one really replied to your links?
I'm actively avoiding additional content at this point.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
PatAg said:

I feel the same way. They're not going to be telling me anything I haven't known for the past 35 years. I'd rather go in having only seen the trailers and then let the story re-tell itself, rather than getting 2 minute snippets clearly designed for people who haven't read the novel.

Plus since this is the non-spoiler thread, it makes it hard to reply without talking plot points.

"Brolin looks great as Gurney, I think that's the scene where REDACTED" and so forth.

PatAg
AG
That's not saying I think we should stop posting any news or hype we come across. Just why their may not be a lot of discussion around them.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

That would have been way too long a delay, right?
YouBet
AG
Do we happen to know when advance tickets will go on sale?
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Larry David as Gurney Halleck!!??

Yes!!!!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aaand I've got a boner.
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

Larry David as Gurney Halleck!!??

Yes!!!!

They are casting for Marty and Daniel for the chapter house movie
TombstoneTex
AG
YouBet said:

Do we happen to know when advance tickets will go on sale?

I'm keeping an eye out for them. Generally 1-2 weeks out. Hopefully as soon as anyone sees them available it will be posted here.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Oh sure. I guess you're the only one that gets to aroused by a movie, Mr, Hollywood.
wangus12
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

TCTTS said:

Oh sure. I guess you're the only one that gets to aroused by a movie, Mr, Hollywood.
I mean it sounds like Ms. Emily was pretty aroused by the film.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.