***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

221,401 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Venom was my favorite character by far growing up. The hardy venom isn't TERRIBLE( wouldn't call it good either), but its such a bummer that the character hasn't been done real justice in the age of comic book movies.
TombstoneTex
AG
Apparently Disney is considering pushing a ton of movie release dates other studios may follow. Doubt Venom will be the only domino to fall!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
HYC_AG said:

If another delay means it's released exclusively to theaters and not to HBO max simultaneously then I may be for it in the interest of increasing the possibility of a second movie.

https://instagr.am/p/CScs9txJ2iQ
The Debt
From what I understand IMAX theater times are typically bought by studios 2 years in advanced.

So when 2020 hit, I think it messed up the distribution of films. While venom 2 probably doesn't need an imax to enjoy, Dune (like Blade Runner 2) will most certainly require an imax for the intended immersion. I would wait to 2024 to see Dune on imax if the option was to see it in standard right now.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Not sure how much stock I put in that.
Chipotlemonger
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Not sure how much stock I put in that.

Agreed.

TCTTS I would tell you just read the book if you're gonna follow the news this closely on this.
TCTTS
AG
I'm confused. Are you guys saying Villeneuve didn't say what the article quotes him as saying?
Mathguy64
AG
Everything they have shown has been up until now to be incredibly faithful to the novel. Let's just say that would be a departure from the source.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm confused. Are you guys saying Villeneuve didn't say what the article quotes him as saying?

Treading lightly and vaguely, I can think of ways it could work, but none that would not be a pretty big narrative departure.

Like... Peter Jackson's adaptation of The Hobbit sort of departure.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Alias and Math said it better than I could have.
PatAg
AG
PatAg
AG
This would make more sense, her having more of an expanded presence in a movie version of the story..especiallly told in 2 parts.
Chipotlemonger
AG
PatAg said:

This would make more sense, her having more of an expanded presence in a movie version of the story..especiallly told in 2 parts.

Agreed. I can see an expanded role for sure, just not a complete divergence like was mentioned. Maybe something really was lost in translation.
YouBet
AG
Complete divergence would not surprise me though...for all the obvious reasons I don't want to get into because everyone will get mad.

I'll sit on this and wait for clarification.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Treading lightly and vaguely, I can think of ways it could work, but none that would not be a pretty big narrative departure.

if movie #1 ends with Paul drinking the Water of Life, the second movie could easily open with him unconscious/in a coma for weeks/months, which would allow Chani to become his mouthpiece among the Fremen, or possibly a rivalry between her and Lady Jessica about what to do with Paul and how best to lead while he's out of it. They could rearrange the timeline to have him wake up just in time to stop Gurney from killing Jessica, or have him awaken right when the Emperor/Harkonnens show up.
Duncan Idaho

So thoughts about how this might work
Ol_Ag_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Basically if that's the route he's going it's not Dune, it's Chani: A Dune Story.
Claude!
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

if movie #1 ends with Paul drinking the Water of Life, the second movie could easily open with him unconscious/in a coma for weeks/months, which would allow Chani to become his mouthpiece among the Fremen, or possibly a rivalry between her and Lady Jessica about what to do with Paul and how best to lead while he's out of it. They could rearrange the timeline to have him wake up just in time to stop Gurney from killing Jessica, or have him awaken right when the Emperor/Harkonnens show up.
You know what would probably be better? If they stuck with the plot of the book.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Claude! said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

You know what would probably be better? If they stuck with the plot of the book.
It's one sentence from a movie that hasn't been filmed yet. We're all blowing the guy based on two trailers, maybe we can take a look before we collectively **** the bed.
wangus12
Faustus
YouBet said:

Complete divergence would not surprise me though...for all the obvious reasons I don't want to get into because everyone will get mad.

Paul's spice addiction?
Claude!
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Claude! said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

It's one sentence from a movie that hasn't been filmed yet. We're all blowing the guy based on two trailers, maybe we can take a look before we collectively **** the bed.
That kind of approach would make the internet much less fun.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Faustus said:

YouBet said:

Paul's spice addiction?
Chani is in charge of the Fremen while Paul goes to Betty Ford's clinic to open the 2nd movie.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Claude! said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Bruh, do you even TexAgs?
The Debt
Duncan Idaho said:

So thoughts about how this might work

That sounds awful.

So Dune goes from a story about a boy becoming an Emperor to a mistress who steals the narrative?
PatAg
AG
I mean, that's a random video on youtube based on a translated quote from an interview in an Italian magazine. Not worth getting worked up over.
Duncan Idaho
PatAg said:

I mean, that's a random video on youtube based on a translated quote from an interview in an Italian magazine. Not worth getting worked up over.

Who do you think you are telling ME what I can and can't get overly excited about?
PatAg
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

PatAg said:

Who do you think you are telling ME what I can and can't get overly excited about?
"Knowing where the trap isthat's the first step in evading it."
Faustus
Try looking into that place where you dare not look!
You'll find Chani there, staring out at you!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Faustus said:

YouBet said:

Paul's spice addiction?
Chani is in charge of the Fremen while Paul goes to Betty Ford's clinic to open the 2nd movie.
Turning Dune 2 into a classic "Guy beats rehab" film would be really fantastic.

Duncan Idaho becomes his sponsor.
Paul is found trying to inhale an entire worm at some point because he's in withdrawal so bad.
He joins FSAA - Fremen Spice Addicts Anonymous
Lady Jessica walks in on him freebasing spice and asks where he got it and he screams, "You all right! I learned it from watching you!"

TCTTS
AG

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Faustus said:

YouBet said:

Paul's spice addiction?
Turning Dune 2 into a classic "Guy beats rehab" film would be really fantastic.

Duncan Idaho becomes his sponsor.
Paul is found trying to inhale an entire worm at some point because he's in withdrawal so bad.
He joins FSAA - Fremen Spice Addicts Anonymous
Lady Jessica walks in on him freebasing spice and asks where he got it and he screams, "You all right! I learned it from watching you!"

Maybe he does his rehab on Salus Secundus and he then becomes their savior
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.