***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

221,408 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Quad Dog said:

Based on his 101 Dalmations knowledge he probably thinks Dune is about a bunch of people looking for Oregano and LOTR is about a guy who's looking for a ring to propose to his girlfriend with.

I mean why was sauron such a bad guy? He was just trying to get HIS ring, HE made, back while Rudy and Huck Finn tried to destroy it

Ha, this whole thing has mutated so much. Literally all I did was express shock that a Disney cartoon featured a villain whose goal was to skin dogs. I had NO IDEA so many grown ass men knew the plot so well to a cartoon my sisters watched when they were kids.
BenFiasco14
AG
TCTTS said:

AgStuckinLBK said:

Quad Dog said:

Based on his 101 Dalmations knowledge he probably thinks Dune is about a bunch of people looking for Oregano and LOTR is about a guy who's looking for a ring to propose to his girlfriend with.

I mean why was sauron such a bad guy? He was just trying to get HIS ring, HE made, back while Rudy and Huck Finn tried to destroy it

Ha, this whole thing has mutated so much. Literally all I did was express shock that a Disney cartoon featured a villain whose goal was to skin dogs. I had NO IDEA so many grown ass men knew the plot so well to a cartoon my sisters watched when they were kids.

We're feeding you to the worm. You aren't a Moab'd (spellcheck please).

Enjoy.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
The Debt
TCTTS said:

AgStuckinLBK said:

Quad Dog said:

Puppies. Not dogs. Puppies.

The whole plot of the story is that a momma and daddy dalmatian had their litter of "12" stolen by Cruella's men and when they rescued them there were "87" additional nabbed puppies that would have been SKINNED.

Thus the new family was 101 Dalmatians, 2 parents and a ton of rescued puppies.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, whatever. It's a children's cartoon. One that I only saw once, well over 30 years ago.
Ornithopter
AG
This is the funniest running gag on TexAgs Entertainment.

Redstone acts likes he knows everything as a gag, but if TCTTS shows any lack of knowledge it's back to the 101 Dalmatians well.
htownag08
AG
This thread got me to start reading the book and MAN have i missed out. Somehow i got really addicted to the Dune II game on PC way back in the day when i was younger, saw the movie and sci-fi series, but am now finally getting a chance to read it.

Fantastic book and the movie looks incredible.

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, whatever. It's a children's cartoon. One that I only saw once, well over 30 years ago.
I think at this point you just have to accept its going to happen. Responding only makes it happen more.
Redstone
AG
You should have been familiar - even if abstractly - with the plot. It's an extremely popular IP, AND you are an entertainment professional in SoCal.

I'm still surprised by this snafu, but that doesn't mean you should lose respect on this board. As you know, I've consistently defended you.
Redstone
AG
Related, and this is for both posters and lurkers, TNNCS has provided quite a bit of inside information, much of which I've been able to verify.

Let's please move on.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Redstone said:

Related, and this is for both posters and lurkers, TNNCS has provided quite a bit of inside information, much of which I've been able to verify.

Let's please move on.
Is this his evil half-brother like the evil Mr. Spock with the goatee or Thracken Sal-Solo (yeah I went there)?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
DubFalls said:

This is the funniest running gag on TexAgs Entertainment.

Redstone acts likes he knows everything as a gag, but if TCTTS shows any lack of knowledge it's back to the 101 Dalmatians well.

I'd like to think that Sea Speed and TCTTS are the same person with multiple personalities arguing amongst themselves. Red stone is the third personality that likes to pop in from time to time as an aside for the group.
Sea Speed
AG
The movie split was a loose adaptation of our lives. The whole kidnap and murder thing was just artistic license.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think that spelling is an inside joke with only himself.
YouBet
TCTTS
AG
TombstoneTex
AG
I think a second movie is more important to being able to see his full vision.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Without posting spoilers. Is the assumption that this movie is going to try and cover the entire first books material?
TombstoneTex
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Without posting spoilers. Is the assumption that this movie is going to try and cover the entire first books material?
No, it's going to cover a little more than half from all accounts so far.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Seconded, though I can deal with the spoilers cause I've read the book.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Thanks!
CC09LawAg
I am reading Dune for the first time and enjoying it a lot. In looking for books 2-6, I am seeing all kinds of stuff about some of them having portions edited out, different editions, etc. I am really looking for a set of the 6 as simple and as close to the original as possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I don't buy some heavily edited cheap garbage?
Quad Dog
AG
If you watch the trailer and look at some of the pictures we've seen so far I think I have a good idea where in the book the first movie where end.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Quad Dog said:

If you watch the trailer and look at some of the pictures we've seen so far I think I have a good idea where in the book the first movie where end.
I'd guess that it is the first half of the book, but I don't remember there being that much fighting/warfare in that part.

I guess we're going to see the Harkonnens slaughter the Atreides onscreen...
TombstoneTex
AG
The guy who asked the question about where it ends requested no spoilers.... oops.
Solo Tetherball Champ
HYC_AG said:

The guy who asked the question about where it ends requested no spoilers.... oops.
Are we that stringent on enforcing spoilers of books that have been out for half a century?

Ol_Ag_02
AG
HYC_AG said:

I don't care. I read the book last month. I was just trying to be cognizant of everybody else.
TombstoneTex
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Is the natural stopping point:

A) when Paul kills Jameis and joins Seitch Tabor as Usul?

Or

B) when Paul drinks the Water of Life /cliffhanger ending?
TombstoneTex
AG
My bet is on A
The Debt
How much happens after B? A few more skirmishes, a ride in the sand, and then the big battle?
hunter2012
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Is the natural stopping point:

A) when Paul kills Jameis and joins Seitch Tabor as Usul?

Or

B) when Paul drinks the Water of Life /cliffhanger ending?
I find B to be the natural stopping point, the second movie they can focus on the insurrection and the ascension of Muad'Dib, besides the difference between the 2 storyboard wise is maybe a 2-3 of scenes. They leave the cave to go to the nearest hidden settlement. where they drink the water of life
hunter2012
AG
Shame the movie didn't come out last year, could have gotten merch...

PatAg
AG
This thread is about the movie though, so you should probably spoiler tag it to play it safe.
Redstone
AG
please use spoiler tags

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.