***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

218,001 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bird Poo
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't remember, are you planning to read the book before watching the movie?

I read the book years ago...thinking of a reread though.
TCTTS
AG
After. For a movie this big, and a Denis Villeneuve movie at that, I want to go in as fresh as possible.
TCTTS
AG
It's not much - yet - but finally, our first official still from the movie (accompanied by a great write-up), with more images to come on Tuesday...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/a-first-look-at-timothee-chalamet-in-dune
TCTTS
AG
My biggest takeaway? This late in the virus release date shuffle, Warner Bros. still not budging from Dune's December 18 release date. Granted, it's not like they have magic eight ball that tells the future, but to officially start marketing their big December release, with so many question marks hanging above the calendar, tells me that not only are they planning on keeping Dune's date, but keeping Tenet's July date as well...
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
This movie SHOULD be so amazing AND a huge hit if he pulls his vision off.
JetAg
AG
I haven't read this entire thread, (so I'm sure this has been discussed) but I'm so excited to find out that Hans Zimmer is scoring this film. SO. FREAKIN'. EXCITED.
Sex Panther
AG
Man I just love the Dune logo so much... seems so obvious but it's so awesome
TCTTS
AG
It really is one of the best movie logos in a long time. It's perfect.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/04/behold-dune-an-exclusive-look-at-timothee-chalamet-zendaya-oscar-isaac
TCTTS
AG

BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Rumored leaked footage

Seriously though, thanks for the production updates - really do appreciate it!
Probably my most anticipated film.
TCTTS
AG
Just finished reading the article. There's a lot of info in there about the adaptation itself, and it sounds incredible. I seriously cannot wait for this thing...
TCTTS
AG
(That said, there are a couple of lines in there that are sure to cause eye-rolls. You'll know them when you read them.)
TCTTS
Al Bula
AG
This movie will be an epic fail unless Josh Brolin can pull this off:

Quad Dog
AG
I'm hoping parts of Dune is like the sand sections of Blade Runner 2094 but with these piercing blue eyes showing through the sand.

And I'm also hoping for the landscape tracking shots from Sicario over the desert
Quad Dog
AG
Apparently the Dune universe has a big market in pauldrons.
Oscar Isaac looks awesome as Duke Leto.
Jason Momoa looks so different clean shaven, a lot younger.
Rebecca Ferguson is amazing casting of Lady Jessica, she looks perfect.
I need to see more stillsuits. Will their be head coverings? Ferguson has a mask hanging around her neck in one picture.
I'd expect Chani's (Zendaya) eyes to be bluer. I wonder how they will look on screen.
Edit to add that I love the Atreides hawk logo in the backrground and even on the hilt of Leto's dagger.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These pictures look epic. I love Villenueve, and have become a big Chalamet fan in the last couple of years.

Not to mention these landscapes and cinematography are ON POINT. (By the guy who shot Rogue One, btw.)

Can't wait.
AliasMan02
AG
These pics are the greatest thing I've seen in a LONG time.

Dune is my #1, most favorite thing ever. Seeing this done right on the big screen will be like seeing Lord of the Rings brought to life, x100.
PDWT_12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not to mention these landscapes and cinematography are ON POINT. (By the guy who shot Rogue One, btw.)
Also worked on the Mandalorian and is working on the new Batman movie as well. Dude's been busy.

Love the set pics so far, and I just get the feeling that Denis is nailing it from the way he describes some of the characters and how the movie should feel. Don't really care a whole lot about the gender swapping of certain character, she looks cool in the pictures and I can see how it could work I guess.

So if TENET is going to hold to it's current date (and what a gamble that could pay off massively for them), and Dune is as well, will we be getting a trailer for it soon? Seems like those usually drop relatively quickly after these Vanity Fair pieces right?
Al Bula
AG
Halfway through a reread right now. This is not the same story as it was when I read it as a young teen. there are lots of layers and subtleties i have picked up on and viewpoints I can understand better as a cynical adult but more importantly, a father. Can't wait for this movie.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
In the picture from TCTTS with paul and jessica you can see the head cover and the full mask on jessica. She has the mask down around her neck. And she is wearing a hood it just isnt tighten up.
TexAgBolter
AG
Ornithopter behind Gurney?
Duncan Idaho
Shife said:

Halfway through a reread right now. This is not the same story as it was when I read it as a young teen. there are lots of layers and subtleties i have picked up on and viewpoints I can understand better as a cynical adult but more importantly, a father. Can't wait for this movie.

Wheels within wheels within wheels?
Duncan Idaho
Is this where I am supposed to get triggered?

Because she looks bad ass. And that still suit is perfect.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I just went to the imdb page for this. It still doesn't list a Feyd-Rautha, the emperor, or even Princess Irulan.

Have these been cast and they won't tell us or are these not even filmed yet?
PatAg
AG
I'm ok with changing Kynes to a female character, I dont feel like that should impact the character too much...unless Im just forgetting something. I last read Dune about 10 years ago
PDWT_12
AG
No inside knowledge or anything but I would not be surprised if they're saving those three for the second movie.
PDWT_12
AG
Agreed. What do you think of your name sake? I think a lot of people had reservations on Mamoa but I might already be sold just on that one image. I couldn't picture Drogo or Aquaman as Idaho, but what we're getting appears to be a completely different version of him in my mind. Very cool.
PatAg
AG
I imagine him playing a similar style to his Stargate Atlantis character

Underrated show, imo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.