***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

221,368 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This will be brutal
Al Bula
AG
That was underwhelming. It didn't tease and felt a lot more like A Princess of Mars than Dune.

I half-expected John Carter to leap off that 'thopter and defeat the evil forces of Sab Than and his Helium Red Martians!

John Carter:

Dune:

Still very excited for this and will reserve other opinions for the full trailer.

To be frank, it is hard to get super excited for Josh Brolin when Sir Patrick Steward already pulled off the most awesome scene in movie history.

Bird Poo
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

That was underwhelming. It didn't tease and felt a lot more like A Princess of Mars than Dune.

I half-expected John Carter to leap off that 'thopter and defeat the evil forces of Sab Than and his Helium Red Martians!

John Carter:

Dune:

Still very excited for this and will reserve other opinions for the full trailer.

To be frank, it is hard to get super excited for Josh Brolin when Sir Patrick Steward already pulled off the most awesome scene in movie history.

Dude. John Carter was a great film for middle aged kids (which was Edgar Rice Burrows targeted audience when he wrote the books!).
schmendeler
AG
i liked john carter as a great visual adaptation of what i would call "victorian"-type science fiction. i'm sure there's a better term for it.

the time machine is another i think of in these terms.
Duncan Idaho
I agree..John Carter was made at the wrong time.
Al Bula
AG
I love John Carter too, it is a fantastic movie.
Duncan Idaho
To clarify I think this story (John Carter) would have been fantastic and a classic if it had been done during the Disney Golden Age
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho
Do we know for sure if those are Sardaukar or if they Harkonnen
TCTTS
AG
Never read the book, so no clue what you're asking. Just posting all this stuff as a huge Denis Villeneuve fan, and because it looks to be an incredible blockbuster.
PooDoo
AG
Is the original Dune movie worth watching before this?
I remember the trailer and commercials when I was a kid but it never sparked my interest enough to watch or rent later.
Duncan Idaho
I get that the question was directed more broadly.
Duncan Idaho
PooDoo said:

I remember the trailer and commercials when I was a kid but it never sparked my interest enough to watch or rent later.

It was peak 80s lunch. Not quite "Twin Peaks in Space" .

His set and costumes were great. He had a few things wrong, he had a few things right
PatAg
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

PooDoo said:

His set and costumes were great. He had a few things wrong, he had a few things right
I found the movie to be just bad-bad and not fun-bad.
YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

PooDoo said:

Agree with this.

I just watched it a few weeks ago because I watch it every year. I still love it for the time period in which it was made. What will be interesting is if this reboot completely erases the Lynch one from memory and my rotation.
Duncan Idaho
But if you haven't watched it yet, I would hold off for until after this one.
Quad Dog
AG
That picture looks to be Duncan Idaho in a stillsuit, so it could be Sardaukar disguised as Harkonnens if it's the Harkonnen attack on Arrakis
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Also, just a reminder that the teaser trailer is out in the theaters today with Tenet.
bearamedic99
AG
Shouldn't she have blue eyes?
TCTTS
AG
Click on the image to make it bigger. When you look closer she does.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Only watch the extra hour long directors cut of the original Dune.

Oh and John Carter is a great movie.
YouBet
AG
Also really liked John Carter. May watch again because I don't remember much about it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quad Dog said:

That picture looks to be Duncan Idaho in a stillsuit, so it could be Sardaukar disguised as Harkonnens if it's the Harkonnen attack on Arrakis
This
TCTTS
AG
All of the Empire stills so far, in high quality...

Duncan Idaho
Still hoping they keep this about drug addled cowboys riding worms while having sword fights and dont force any woke nonsense into the story
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Who is Thanos playing? Is that Gurney Halleck? Standing alongside Poe Dameron as Duke Leto.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome stills
YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Still hoping they keep this about drug addled cowboys riding worms while having sword fights and dont force any woke nonsense into the story
Agreed. And let's keep politics out of this movie. The universe of Dune is post racial and post political and we need to preserve the sanctity of this classic fun-loving story.
schmendeler
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

i'm concerned there won't be enough lens flare.
PatAg
AG
I would rather spend my energy hoping they tell the story well, and it's edited in a way that makes sense.
65532ag
Who is playing Feyd Rautha?
schmendeler
AG
65532ag said:

Who is playing Feyd Rautha?
has he been cast? is he in the first movie? i don't see him on IMDB.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Who is Thanos playing? Is that Gurney Halleck? Standing alongside Poe Dameron as Duke Leto.

Aquaman is right there as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.