***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

221,412 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SpreadsheetAg said:

Have they started filming Dune II which I assume picks up from proclamation of Paul as Muad'dib to seating Paul on the Throne with his "wife"

I seem to have read they have a script, but have started no actual pre-production for part 2. Any movie is two to three years away.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
I thought they were going to roll out #2 and #3 quickly after the first movie
PatAg
AG
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

That was before all the issues between the studio and the director, driven by the pandemic.
Sea Speed
AG
PatAg said:

El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

That was before all the issues between the studio and the director, driven by the pandemic.

Care to elaborate?
PDWT_12
AG
I don't think they were ever going to make part two immediately after part one. Villenueve signed a two movie deal, but it was always going to be Warner Bros waiting to see how much money the first part made before they turned him lose for a sequel

The pandemic delaying the first movie has really thrown a wrench in Villenueve's schedule going forward (as well as many people in the cast I'm sure), and he complained publicly (similar to Nolan) about the same day theater and HBO Max release that WB had planned for all its future releases. I think a lot of that has been smoothed over, but seems like Dune doing well at the box office (Not a guarantee for DV's movies) and timing to work out just right may have to happen for us to get the second part.
Sea Speed
AG
Roger. Makes sense and I am definitely on the side of the directors in this whole scenario. Thanks.
TCTTS
AG
PDWT_12 said:

I don't think they were ever going to make part two immediately after part one. Villenueve signed a two movie deal, but it was always going to be Warner Bros waiting to see how much money the first part made before they turned him lose for a sequel

The pandemic delaying the first movie has really thrown a wrench in Villenueve's schedule going forward (as well as many people in the cast I'm sure), and he complained publicly (similar to Nolan) about the same day theater and HBO Max release that WB had planned for all its future releases. I think a lot of that has been smoothed over, but seems like Dune doing well at the box office (Not a guarantee for DV's movies) and timing to work out just right may have to happen for us to get the second part.

Just FYI, this strategy is a 2021 thing only. For instance, The Batman in March is currently set to be a theatrical exclusive, along with all of Warner Bros.' 2022 and beyond releases. That could very well change, of course, and at some point WB will probably adopt a strategy similar to Paramount+ (on streaming 45 days after the theatrical release), but for now the day-and-date HBO Max strategy ends with The Matrix Resurrections on December 16.
TCTTS
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Was just coming here to see if the news had been posted yet. Hell yea!
PDWT_12
AG
Oops. I think I even had 2021 in there on my original post but for some reason edited. Thanks
TCTTS
AG
Note the last sentence, in particular

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
It's official - looks like I'll be accelerating my pace on current books so I can reread Dune ahead of this.
TCTTS
AG
Ornithopter
AG
I am so hyped.

This better be good and worthy, and everybody better go see it a dozen times so it makes $10 billion and they start making the rest of the series, then no longer will I be the only person I know who understands what the ghola Miles Teg is capable of.
YNWA_AG
AG

TexAgBolter
PatAg
AG
I need this movie to release tomorrow
rebag00
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IMAX movie if there ever was one.
Whos Juan
AG
Such a badass trailer.

How far into the story is this movie supposed to go? I've heard it only covers part one, but there's a lot of Chani and Stilgar in there.
Bunbury
AG
It looks like it goes pretty far, probably until the 2-year time skip in the books when Jessica has become Reverend Mother and Paul is being seen as Muad'dib.
Quad Dog
AG
I got the feeling from this trailer that we might be getting more of the Fremen opposition against Rabban than you get in the book.
PDWT_12
AG
I definitely got the vibe that we're going to get to see a lot of the stuff that we just see mention of in the books, including some major battles between the Atreides and Harkonnens and all that. I think it's going to be awesome.
PatAg
AG
Bunbury said:

It looks like it goes pretty far, probably until the 2-year time skip in the books when Jessica has become Reverend Mother and Paul is being seen as Muad'dib.
I think a decent amount of what we saw regarding Paul/Jessica/the Fremen are going to end up being visions and dreams by Paul. Not actual things that happen.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wow, this looks great!
Sea Speed
AG
so after reading the last several posts, it does seem like you will need familiarization with the books to thoroughly get/enjoy the movies.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Holy. ****. No words will do my feelings of that trailer justice, just that I think DV made the Dune film(s) we we were all hoping for.
YouBet
AG
I'm torn on watching this. Kind of want to go in blind, but I'm fairly certain I'll be watching this as soon as my wife gets off of her conference call here in about 5 minutes.
The Dog Lord
AG
That was legitimately one of the best trailers I've ever seen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.