***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

221,366 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

C@LAg said:

Max Power said:

My main concern with Chalamet was whether
my problem is that Chalamet just has no charisma whatsoever in the trailer.

I hope it is just that they cut it that way to give it an overall tone... but he was mostly monotone with minimal facial expressions, in spite of everything else that was going on.

everything else looks rock solid, he just comes off as... bland.

Did you read the book? Thats a pretty good fit for Paul.

Gives him a long way to go, too. Paul I'd a very different guy from start to finish.
Cromagnum
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Great watch.

Damn, Rebecca Ferguson is visually striking

Yeah, she's sexy as hell.
Al Bula
AG
Can confirm. I watched some of Dr Sleep and was like, damn who is this hot ass chick in the top hat?

I found that movie to be very bad and could not finish it, but looking forward to seeing her portray Jessica.
The Dog Lord
AG
The rumors were true. Wonder Woman 1984 has officially been pushed to Dec 25th, so I'm guessing an announcement about pushing Dune to 2021 will follow soon.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Dog Lord said:

The rumors were true. Wonder Woman 1984 has officially been pushed to Dec 25th, so I'm guessing an announcement about pushing Dune to 2021 will follow soon.
FUUUUUUUUUU*********************.
YouBet
AG
Silver lining for me: this gives me time to read Dune again before movie comes out.
schmendeler
AG
YouBet said:

Silver lining for me: this gives me time to read Dune again before movie comes out.
3 months wasn't enough time as it is?
YouBet
AG
schmendeler said:

YouBet said:

3 months wasn't enough time as it is?
I already have two other books ahead of it in the queue. And both are long.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
YouBet said:

Same.

I tend to read as slow as the famous turtle in his race against the hare. In my ebook copy of Dune, I am currently on page 399 of 883, and I've been reading off-and-on, mostly off, all this year. As well as wading through a massive book about Emperor Hirohito and what led him into WWII. And I just picked up Ian Toll's third volume of his Pacific War trilogy, so I'm sure that book is going to be calling my name sooner rather than later (and the first two were easy reads).
schmendeler
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

YouBet said:

Same.

I tend to read as slow as the famous turtle in his race against the hare. In my ebook copy of Dune, I am currently on page 399 of 883, and I've been reading off-and-on, mostly off, all this year. As well as wading through a massive book about Emperor Hirohito and what led him into WWII. And I just picked up Ian Toll's third volume of his Pacific War trilogy, so I'm sure that book is going to be calling my name sooner rather than later (and the first two were easy reads).
1. might i suggest Dan Carlin's series on japan during the WW2 time period. "Supernova in the East"
2. i didn't know book three was out, i'll have to pick that up. books 1 and 2 are in my current queue.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I've had the Carlin series suggested to me before, but never gotten around to picking it up. I'll have to do so. Thanks!

edit - thought this was a series of books, but looks to be a podcast?
schmendeler
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I've had the Carlin series suggested to me before, but never gotten around to picking it up. I'll have to do so. Thanks!
they should still be free to listen on stitcher or apple podcasts.
Claude!
Yep, podcast. He picks a subject and goes into great depth, telling the story in an engaging manner. Each part of Supernova in the East currently out runs about four hours.
schmendeler
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

edit - thought this was a series of books, but looks to be a podcast?
if you like history, you'll probably love his stuff. my first introduction was his series on the mongols: "the wrath of the khans". great stuff for a road trip. i knew very little about the role they played in history, so it was fascinating from beginning to end.

but just about all his stuff is great. also check out: "ghosts of the ostfront" about the eastern front in ww2.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
From the Trailer, the last scene where the worm erupts and "stares" at Paul while Stilgar is nearby...

I just read Dune, Dune Messiah, and am on Children of Dune (almost done).... I don't recall this scene...

Is it meant to be the vision Paul had?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

From the Trailer, the last scene where the worm erupts and "stares" at Paul while Stilgar is nearby...

I just read Dune, Dune Messiah, and am on Children of Dune (almost done).... I don't recall this scene...

Is it meant to be the vision Paul had?
It is meant to show me off in the trailer.
ag88man
AG
I was guessing that is when, just before being captured by Stilgar, Paul and Jessica are running for the rocks after stepping on drum sand and attracting a worm.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Rick Dalton said:

Bringing back to Page 29
Humorous Username
AG
How do you feel about water?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Humorous Username said:

How do you feel about water?

Worse than our QB feels about a certain statue
TCTTS
AG
A few more pics at the link...

Quad Dog
AG
Why do you think it is Stilgar nearby? It could be anyone including Jessica.
bearamedic99
AG
Villanueva s Dude https://imgur.com/a/oHpz4EW
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Quad Dog said:

Why do you think it is Stilgar nearby? It could be anyone including Jessica.
Stilgar is always "nearby"
amercer
AG
I forgot there was supposed to be a show as well. What's the update on that?
TCTTS
AG
I'm sure Covid delayed it, but it's still planned, and Villeneuve is still set to direct the pilot.
TCTTS
AG
Welp. I guess this means The Batman is moving as well, since this is the same day Warner Bros currently has that pic scheduled...

https://collider.com/dune-movie-new-release-date-delayed-2021/
Jason_Ag98
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Welp. I guess this means The Batman is moving as well, since this is the same day Warner Bros currently has that pic scheduled...

JFC
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

i dont like it but i support it. I want this movie to be as succsessful as possible and this delay will help ensure that.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Dang it. Guess i need to change my username again
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
This is a bunch of crap.

Will there be any theaters left to show any movie in with all these postponements? I could put a list of things that I really hate right now, and right near the top would be this vast over-reaction of the f*****ng virus. Hey, let's destroy so many industries, or seriously cripple them, all for a virus that the vast majority will survive.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
schmendeler
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

This is a bunch of crap.

Will there be any theaters left to show any movie in with all these postponements? I could put a list of things that I really hate right now, and right near the top would be this vast over-reaction of the f*****ng virus. Hey, let's destroy so many industries, or seriously cripple them, all for a virus that the vast majority will survive.
i don't know if you have or not, so this isn't a "gotcha", but have you gone to see any of the movies in the theaters right now?

you have to put your money where your mouth is if you're going to complain about an over-reaction to the virus.

they aren't going to put out movies that have a limited "freshness" if they are going to make $15 million dollars on them.

if people aren't going to the theaters to see the movies, then you can't get too upset about studios trying to hold on to projects that they want to get a good return on.

i applaud TENET for trying to make it happen, but even worldwide, i don't think they are going to turn a profit from theatrical release. supposed production cost was ~$200 million and they are at like $300 million worldwide right now. my understanding of movie finances is dim, but i think that puts them solidly in the red, still.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.