***DUNE*** (Denis Villeneuve)

221,355 Views | 2442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bird Poo
Atreides Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Neither Josh Brolin nor Jason Momoa are what I would "picture in my head" for them. But are extremely good pics. I would have picked less intimidated physical people. They are elegant fighters, but Gurney is supposed to be all scarred up so I would actually want someone less attractive as well.

Dave Bautista fits the Beast physically but can he pull off the villain since we all see him as the dumb strong hero type ( not including heel roles in wrestling ) but I guess this is just dumb strong villain.

The Baron is going to have to be made up with stuff but Stellan Skarsgard is a great actor.

Oscar Isaacs is probably physically correct but can he act( which is a weird question here.) I know I am probably only basing question that off Star Wars, I believe he is a good actor in other things.

Javier Bardem is probably going to steal the show and look at what is above me though.

The other like Dr. Yueh or Thufir, I would always judge on acting not there looks for this. We will just have to see.

Sex Panther
AG
Sarduakar said:

Oscar Isaacs is probably physically correct but can he act( which is a weird question here.) I know I am probably only basing question that off Star Wars, I believe he is a good actor in other things.

He's fantastic. See Inside Llewyn Davis or Ex Machina
Duncan Idaho
Questioning oscar Issac's acting chops is a new one on me.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Bautista was a minor Bond villain in Spectre, perhaps not enough to go on for the question of, can he portray a villain?

Isaacs will be up to the task of his portrayal as the Duke Atreides, if his work in non-Star Wars is any indication (and even in his role as Poe Dameron).
TCTTS
AG
So 9 AM Pacific, 11 AM Central...

TCTTS
AG
Full aspect ratio, higher-quality YouTube embed...

YouBet
AG
This will probably be an insane take but for some reason I'm not feeling the Javier casting, but I'm not going into it against it at all. I will probably take that back once I see it.

Isaacs seems perfect for Duke Leto.
Duncan Idaho
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Bautista was a minor Bond villain in Spectre, perhaps not enough to go on for the question of, can he portray a villain?

Isaacs will be up to the task of his portrayal as the Duke Atreides, if his work in non-Star Wars is any indication (and even in his role as Poe Dameron).

His acting as Poe Dameron was still pretty good. It was how the character was written that wasn't that great.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

His acting as Poe Dameron was still pretty good. It was how the character was written that wasn't that great.
I actually agree with that. Very little of the sequel trilogy appeared to have been written with any thought to an overall plan.
NoHo Hank
AG
I love the casting. The only head scratcher for me was Duncan-Brewster playing Keynes for obvious reasons, but as I reflected on it, doesn't really change much. Not really familiar with her other roles, but don't see that being a huge issue.

Bautista should be great as Rabban. He's not called the beast for no reason. He's all rage and straightforward brutality. Bautista should be more than capable of nailing that.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Pumped
Chipotlemonger
AG
Can't wait!
YouBet
AG
YouBet said:

This will probably be an insane take but for some reason I'm not feeling the Javier casting, but I'm not going into it against it at all. I will probably take that back once I see it.

Isaacs seems perfect for Duke Leto.

Ridiculous. I had it in my head Javier was playing Kynes. He will be great as Stilgar.
TCTTS
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
NoHo Hank
AG
schmendeler
AG
looks like it was a screen cap of a twitter video.
schmendeler
AG
schmendeler said:

looks like it was a screen cap of a twitter video.
lmao just got to rick.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Aw **** yea!
schmendeler
AG
what is the song? it sounds familiar but i can't place it.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
****. Yes.

Only complaint is the possible spoiler towards the end there but that has me hyped. i will undoubtedly be watching that another 3-15 more times.
Duncan Idaho
That looks glorious
NoHo Hank
AG
Well that looks ****ing awesome.
PDWT_12
AG
schmendeler said:

what is the song? it sounds familiar but i can't place it.
Eclipse by Pink Floyd.

Looks amazing. I cannot wait for this one.
Duncan Idaho
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

****. Yes.

Only complaint is the possible spoiler towards the end there but that has me hyped. i will undoubtedly be watching that another 3-15 more times.

I agree. I think I would have preferred leaving it at wormsign.
maca1028
nm
PDWT_12
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

****. Yes.

I agree. I think I would have preferred leaving it at wormsign.
I thought maybe he was referring to Duncan calling Paul "My Duke" which might spoil the fact that Oscar Isaac isn't going to survive this movie
Sex Panther
AG
Rick Dalton said:

We now have an official trailer and release date, so I think the question of "Dune to become new film franchise?" has been answered. Flag this post if you'd like to kindly ask Staff to change the thread title to:

*** DUNE *** (Denis Villeneuve)

Flagging as "Rumor, Unconfirmed or False Information" seems most appropriate.

SEXUALLY. EXPLICIT.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That looks fantastic.

Those first shots of the troops assembled, presumably Sardauker, gave me an Attack of the Clones vibe for a moment.
PatAg
AG
sheesh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.