Batman vs. Superman

313,893 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Official runtime: 2 hours, 31 minutes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guessing it'll be about 45 minutes to an hour of setup, 30 minutes of actual Batman vs Superman, and the last hour will be the pre-Justice League vs Lex/Doomsday.
rhutton125
AG
Like I posted when that was just a rumor... It's either a great thing or a terrible thing.

Really does sound like two movies in one. We'll see if that extra 30 helps them pull it off, or if it just bogs it down in the end.
double aught
AG
Is the movie out yet? Like someone alluded to a while back, I feel like this thing has been hyped for years at this point.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Official runtime: 2 hours, 31 minutes.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was 2 hours, 21 minutes.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.......
TCTTS
AG
Potential chronological order of all 10 minutes of the movie released via trailers so far...

MooreTrucker
AG
Well, *I* think it looks pretty dang cool!
tamusc
AG
quote:
Well, *I* think it looks pretty dang cool!
I thought all the footage for Man of Steel released before the movie looked pretty dang cool too...
annie88
AG
Tell me why again it's a good thing that Batman and Superman are fighting? And WTF with Iron Man and Captain America fighting!

STOP THE MADNESS!
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Superman doesn't like Batman because Batman is too rough on bad guys, even though Superman's the only one between the two of them who has killed someone. Or destroyed a city.
annie88
AG
quote:
Superman doesn't like Batman because Batman is too rough on bad guys, even though Superman's the only one between the two of them who has killed someone. Or destroyed a city.
okay, but he has to destroy him now?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
But wasn't the one that Superman killed a super bad guy?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Superman wants Batman to retire. Batman wants Superman to, um, go back to Krypton? Be placed in a kryptonian prison?

I don't know. It's dumb.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
Yes and if he had not killed him, Zod would have killed that family with his heat vision.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:

Right! So it's ok when Superman kills bad guys, but it's bad when Batman sends them to the hospital.

It's dumb.
annie88
AG
American super hero's shouldn't be fighting one another. There better be a twist outcome.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
American super hero's shouldn't be fighting one another. There better be a twist outcome.
Superman's an illegal alien, so it's cool....
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
It's all a dream?
Sex Panther
AG
Superman vs Batman isn't some new idea. This is pretty much straight from one or two comic storylines.

And if you think about it, Batman distrusting a super powerful alien that could kill everyone if he wanted to is exactly how he would react.

It's not like you guys don't know how this is going to end.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Tell me why again it's a good thing that Batman and Superman are fighting? And WTF with Iron Man and Captain America fighting!

STOP THE MADNESS!
As others have said, the Batman v Superman is straight from the comics, but the issue is that there really hasn't been much of a setup.

Marvel has done a great job setting up the conflict between Iron Man and Cap over at least The Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron, though some of the seeds of that conflict have been around since the beginning of the MCU. If you're confused why the two sides are in conflict, at least go back and watch Age of Ultron which really leans into that conflict.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The writing for this just seems so bad.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
It's not like you guys don't know how this is going to end.
The most epic bromance in history? Or is that reserved for Finn and Poe?
fig96
AG
quote:
The writing for this just seems so bad.
I'm trying to hold out hope because I would truly love for this to be really good. But I'm not hopeful.
Ambres
AG
Well DC and Warner Brothers are already all in .. no matter if this movie bombs or not.

SS is almost done.
Wonder Woman will just about wrap up by the time BvS comes out.
Justice League begins shooting soon.

So no matter if this movie is good or bad.. Warner Brother is ready to hard press.

Well it can't be as bad as Green Lantern. Most likely it will be MoS bad and that will be good enough to carry it to Justice League.

SS looks like it will be on par w/ Deadpool.. but too early to call.

Wonder Woman is the risk. If they do it wrong.. it can be a Wolverine Origin.. uggg.

nickstro66
AG
You can see Flash's suit in this picture

rhutton125
AG
Wow I didn't realize until now that Zach Snyder is doing JL1 and 2.

They really are doubling down on this BvS thing
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:

Which I don't get. At this point in time, he is what he is as a director. At his best, he makes movies that are decent but nothing great, and at times, he's downright bad.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Which I don't get. At this point in time, he is what he is as a director. At his best, he makes movies that are decent but nothing great, and at times, he's downright bad.
He's done some pretty visually stunning stuff, and I expect BvS to look fantastic, but his storytelling skills are a bit suspect.
fig96
AG
quote:
Well DC and Warner Brothers are already all in .. no matter if this movie bombs or not.

SS is almost done.
Wonder Woman will just about wrap up by the time BvS comes out.
Justice League begins shooting soon.

So no matter if this movie is good or bad.. Warner Brother is ready to hard press.

Well it can't be as bad as Green Lantern. Most likely it will be MoS bad and that will be good enough to carry it to Justice League.

SS looks like it will be on par w/ Deadpool.. but too early to call.

Wonder Woman is the risk. If they do it wrong.. it can be a Wolverine Origin.. uggg.

I don't see BvS bombing, though it may not do the numbers they're hoping for so bombing may be relative. I think the films following may be a different story, but if any of these huge movies bomb it's going to be interesting to see what happens. We saw how Spider-Man's plans changes with a whole lot of stuff planned.

Also, I'm curious, have you seen Deadpool? Because they nailed the tone of that film in a way that I've rarely seen in any movie, much less a superhero flick.

SS has some promise, but I'll be surprised if its anywhere close to as spot on as Deadpool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man of Steel is a great (not good) film.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Man of Steel is a great (not good) film.
It is?
double aught
AG
Meh of Steel

M.C. Swag
AG
Yeaaa...man of steel was a bit of a mess. Visually stunning, but hallow story.
Ambres
AG
I loved Deadpool.. and like I said it is too early to tell with SS but the the trailers have been nails so far.

Harley Quinn has a very lovable personality. Deadshot looks bad ass.. and even Boomerang appear interesting in the trailer .

It has potential.. that all I meant, to generate good buzz like Deadpool. Did not mean to imply that it will get the same numbers, cause that would be asking to much.

WW scares me the most of the 3 movies.. it can turn into another Green Lantern.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man of Steel has gotten better for me each time.

Great (imo) movies tend to do that. I'm excited to watch it in the next few weeks to get ready foe BvS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.